• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ludicrous Rumours P2

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL this Mbappe bidding is too funny. No chance did we offer anything let alone £88mill

I have to say this Mmmbop lad is ludicrously good. He's worth every penny if you can afford him. Reminds me a bit of Henry.

Sent from my iPhone 8 Plus using Tapatalk

Does anyone else think the Echo article saying that our problem this summer will be availability not the prices of the player see this as an early signal not to expect much more?

I'm sure the club will keep trying but they seem to be getting rebuffed on almost every front. I won't be surprised if we only get two or three more decent players that are down the list a ways and a few cheap players and that'll be it.

I'm starting to think we won't get any more of the core group of players we were linked to early on that seemed to be the top priority and well known targets.

Matic from Chelsea to United being rumoured.. dont like that much as it will free Pogba from most defensive duties and unleash him big time.

.. and that's another way to look at it of course.

Indeed it is... he is a reasonably good player... a good age still.... maybe worth 40M....

I do not give a fuck about him nor indeed where he plays. United will be better next season because they will not be slowed down by ibrahimovich up front, it don't think it will be because they have the most expensively priced midfielder in the world.

I'm less relaxed about Pogba than you are. He might have been overpriced, but he's quality and I do not want to see him - or anyone else - fulfilling his potential for them.

And losing Ibrahimovic will make them quicker but they may not find it a simple matter to replace his goals. Getting Pogba properly up to speed would be a big help to them in that respect.

Left back, central midfielder of the more defensive kind, a centre back.
Then a striker if we sell some rubble.

I agree he is a good player, but I don't find such spectacular viewing in him, but then neither do i want him to do well for United and perhaps he could play better alongside Matic.

It is debatable of course whether he was being played the way he was due to the personnel available for choice alongside him. Mourinho's style likes to set up a team rather defensively, freeing Pogba to attack might happen but in truth I cannot understand being fearful.

He wasn't spectacular defensively or offensively in movement, passing or in scoring, he might grow into something really good that is true but he was a flop especially considering he cost the best part of 100M.

Obviously my anti Manc vitriolic puke of a post earlier might have over expressed this but.... I do hate Mancs.

£88 mill for a kid with one great season? The world gone mad folks, he world gone mad.
Having said that, if he improves and if the Money in footy stays on it's current course, he could be great for a few seasons and move for a profit. Maybe.
In some ways nowadays, it's not about value so much, but cash flow.

Sky Sport Italia claim Kostas Manolas has agreed a transfer to Zenit St Petersburg, followed imminently by Roma teammate Leandro Paredes for €65m.
Roberto Mancini has worked very quickly to get the double deal done for his new club.
The interest in Manolas materialised straight away and it seems as if Zenit have accepted the €40m asking price for the Greek centre-back.
Paredes had resisted at first, but was talked into the move over the last couple of days.
According to Sky Sport Italia, the Manolas move is essentially done and the paperwork ready to be signed.
Paredes will take a couple more days, but they should both be Zenit players by Monday or Tuesday.
It was reported that the double swoop would be worth €70m, but the latest rumours seem to put that figure at €65m.

Rumours left right and centre that we will sign more and more attacking players. If we start the season with Milner at LB Klopp can go and fuck himself.

Rumours left right and centre that we will sign more and more attacking players. If we start the season with Milner at LB Klopp can go and fuck himself.
There's the problem that the first two left backs we wanted have been snapped up by the wealthier clubs unfortunately, so I imagine we're trying to tie up the next target before leaking anything.

I'm on the fence with regards to the Ox.

On one hand he lacks a bit of skill and technique to be a really great player, on the other hand he's all about raw power, strength and pace and I understand why Klopp would like to add that to the squad. Mane, Coutinho, Firmino, Salah et all aren't exactly strong, physical players, but Ox is and he'd give us an alternative and some raw power when need be.

According to some Turkish site, Trabzonspor have made a 5 mill £ bid for Lucas. Yes. 5 mill £.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom