• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

And this is exactly why we’ve all missed the big picture. ‘Course it’s comparable !! We’re dealing with human beings not some fantasy football. The sooner we armchair fans realize that the less miserable we become.

If we still haven’t already noticed yet it’s why Klopp is so endeared, and successful at the club and all around. He brings the human touch which not many have, and doesn’t just stick to the regular script or rulebook that so many managers try so desperately to emulate.

Tactics, strategies and all that technical stuff are very important but how we treat one another, respect and mutual understanding, fostering team unity and healthy club atmosphere - those are also very important ingredients too, and we’d be naive to think it’s as easy as it seems. Ask those boys at Old Trafford how difficult it is. Otherwise explain why are we top of the table when we spend less than most each season.

Here’s a bet I’m willing to wager. Endo will outlast many of you naysayers’ predictions and I reckon he’ll last until the end of his contract and play more games than we all expect.
The human touch doesn't, or rather shouldn't, mean sacrificing the team for the protection of 1 players feelings. Cultivating that friendly atmosphere also needs to cultivate an air of competition, otherwise people take their shoes off and be comfy. How often have we started a player because he's the only one we have? Rarely. We've always thrived because we have someone waiting in the wings to take advantage of any slip or missed performance. Endo at this moment doesn't have that competition, as Mac isn't a 6, and Stefan is an injured child.

Endo probably will go on a free, as he's fuckin great. Hopefully with a few trophies under his belt. That doesn't mean that 34 year old endo should be starting for a team with title aspirations because he's a lovely guy.

Over the years I've championed binning salah, hendo, fabinho, firmino, gerrard, carra, hyypia, fucking any cunt if they're too old to be consistently good. If you can see the decline, planning for it isn't a bad thing.

The human touch doesn't, or rather shouldn't, mean sacrificing the team for the protection of 1 players feelings. Cultivating that friendly atmosphere also needs to cultivate an air of competition, otherwise people take their shoes off and be comfy. How often have we started a player because he's the only one we have? Rarely. We've always thrived because we have someone waiting in the wings to take advantage of any slip or missed performance. Endo at this moment doesn't have that competition, as Mac isn't a 6, and Stefan is an injured child.

Endo probably will go on a free, as he's fuckin great. Hopefully with a few trophies under his belt. That doesn't mean that 34 year old endo should be starting for a team with title aspirations because he's a lovely guy.
You’re right.

Let’s go sign a 100m player like those boys down at London because that works. I think they’ve got like what ? 3 expensively paid players for each position? Shame about their lengthy injury list though.

Over the years I've championed binning salah, hendo, fabinho, firmino, gerrard, carra, hyypia, fucking any cunt if they're too old to be consistently good. If you can see the decline, planning for it isn't a bad thing.
Well thank heavens you ain’t the manager then.

You’re right.

Let’s go sign a 100m player like those boys down at London because that works. I think they’ve got like what ? 3 expensively paid players for each position? Shame about their lengthy injury list though.

I'm not suggesting buying for buyings sake. I'm suggesting we are proactive in the transfer market.

Weird how you mention an injury list, when we're struggling for depth in the middle of our own injury crisis

Well thank heavens you ain’t the manager then.

Than heavens you aren't. Gerrard would probably still be here as player manager and we never would have got klopp

I knew someone's gonna nitpick on my poor choice of word there - naysayer.

Then i thought - couldnt be arsed to edit it.

I'm not related to Endo. The only thing we have in common is that we're both asian and seeing one of your own play well in a foreign league for a top team makes one feel proud and root for them. But yeah, as you were...

I vaguely remember someone in a recent match thread saying those who didn’t want to sign endo were racist. Was this you?

I'm not suggesting buying for buyings sake. I'm suggesting we are proactive in the transfer market.

Weird how you mention an injury list, when we're struggling for depth in the middle of our own injury crisis

Than heavens you aren't. Gerrard would probably still be here as player manager and we never would have got klopp
I wouldn't call our current situation an injury crisis. We are doing fine.

We've got two away on International duty and six injured. Of those three (Trent, Robbo & the Greek Scouse) are back in a fortnight, two more by the end of Feb (El Muerte, Badger). Just poor old Joel on the long term list

I wouldn't call our current situation an injury crisis. We are doing fine.

We've got two away on International duty and six injured. Of those three (Trent, Robbo & the Greek Scouse) are back in a fortnight, two more by the end of Feb (El Muerte, Badger). Just poor old Joel on the long term list

It's not a long term crisis, granted; but we're relying on an unproven 19 year old at RB, our 4th choice CB at lb, and a creative midfielder as our 6, whilst having another kid as our only back up CB. Depth in the defensive half is practically non existent.

We're fortunate it's happened now while there's mild respite

What’s that saying - let your best players’ legs go on someone else’s pitch.

What you on about ? We are TOP OF THE TABLE. Top. Numero uno. Can everyone just calm down ??

If we're having an injury crisis, we're handling it pretty well aren't we ? I don't see Klopp or anyone else showing any signs of panic. Yet 6CM seems to know better as always. I get it, it's part of the fun and banter. But i think sometimes there needs to be a line drawn too. Know what i mean ? Especially when it involves Endo. And yes he's my son. *rollseyes*

And no one in the their right mind would make Stevie the manager. I was thinking Skrtel or Agger. Lol

443710-1657200885.jpg

I am not a doctor, but I would guess Cleftlip
I was going to guess goalppst

He's just a really good player, always seems to be where we need him.

His understanding of his role and the game in general is second to none. The experience he brings to this side is always to great effect.

Like anyone who plays in the 6, you're gonna give away fouls and pick up yellows every now and then but he wins so much more.

After the embarrassing summer attempts at at signing a DM, and when the narrative was Liverpool had panic signed an aging squaddie, Klopp told us to wait and see. He was right, again. The only disappointment is we didn't target him first, meaning Endo was not up to speed for the start of tbe season. It's been hard to fault him since he's gotten there. Decent passer, strong in the tackle, pops up with important goals, tactically pretty astute. His success gives us time to blood in Bajectic into the role of six, as well as giving the new manager time to assess long term options.

In fact, with the kids blossoming this year, and Endo surpassing initial expectations, there are are not many glaring squad areas that need addressing.

You were at school with Gary Lineker?
One morning a long time ago, myself and @Bradley were hanging around the school yard with some fellows waiting for school to start. All of a sudden there was a bad smell and someone said "it smells like someone shit themselves". This lad had been in jovial mood until this moment then went silent. Later in class another fellow asked him "is that shit up the side of your shoe?". The shitter claimed he had accidentally kicked dog shit earlier and it went up the side of his shoe. He then went home with a sore head and didn't reappear for a few days.

I feel like we had been good mates with him and that moment changed everything.

I don't think either of us even took the piss out of him.

I’m quite liking the balance of the Endo-MacAllister-Gravenberch midfield. Not sure it’s the strongest midfield 3 we can possibly play if everyone is fit (I’d love to see them take on Trent-Szobo-Jones midfield in a friendly - any bets on who would win?), but it’s giving our attackers a solid platform to be creative and they shield the defence well. They actually somehow remind me of the “Brexit midfield” of old (Hendo in the #6, Wijnaldum and Milner), which wasn’t very popular with fans, but won us many big games. We cannot call this iteration of midfield workhorses with a bit of flair “Brexit” - it’s Japan, Argentina and Netherlands, after all, so how about “United Nations?” :)

Gravy still needs a bit of seasoning (pun not intended) to get to Wijnaldum’s level, but the raw attributes are there - hopefully his development into a more well-rounded and positionally aware midfielder will continue under whoever replaces Klopp next season.

Last edited:
I’m quite liking the balance of the Endo-MacAllister-Gravenberch midfield. Not sure it’s the strongest midfield 3 we can possibly play if everyone is fit (I’d love to see them take on Trent-Szobo-Jones midfield in a friendly - any bets on who would win?), but it’s giving our attackers a solid platform to be creative and they shield the defence well. They actually somehow remind me of the “Brexit midfield” of old (Hendo in the #6, Wijnaldum and Milner), which wasn’t very popular with fans, but won us many big games. We cannot call this iteration of midfield workhorses with a bit of flair “Brexit” - it’s Japan, Argentina and Netherlands, after all, so how about “United Nations?” :)

Gravy still needs a bit of seasoning (pun not intended) to get to Wijnaldum’s level, but the raw attributes are there - hopefully his development into a more well-rounded and positionally aware midfielder will continue under whoever replaces Klopp next season.
It's interesting you say that, because that midfield of Hendo, Milner and Wijnaldum was not very good due to none of them being willing to protect the defence at all costs. It only became great with Fabinho replacing Milner.
And Endo being the pro-active defensive midfielder is really helping us. And especially helping Macca perform to his potential with the shackles off.
For me, any 'best' midfield at Liverpool right now would include Endo at 6 with whatever combination of Szobo, Graven, Macca, Jones, Elliot. They all seem to play better with Endo.

It's interesting you say that, because that midfield of Hendo, Milner and Wijnaldum was not very good due to none of them being willing to protect the defence at all costs. It only became great with Fabinho replacing Milner.
And Endo being the pro-active defensive midfielder is really helping us. And especially helping Macca perform to his potential with the shackles off.
For me, any 'best' midfield at Liverpool right now would include Endo at 6 with whatever combination of Szobo, Graven, Macca, Jones, Elliot. They all seem to play better with Endo.
Yet that midfield outplayed and shut out lots of big teams - I think fans were a bit too harsh on them then and now. What they didn’t have is dominant athleticism, which was later provided by Fabinho and I think Macca and Endo are similar to Milner and Hendo in being the workhorse kind of midfielders with Gini/Gravy adding atheticism and agility and in Gini’s case, world-class ball protection.

Back
Top Bottom