• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

The Japanese dont believe in any silly jinxy nonsense.

But they do believe in harikiri though if they fail to win the league. I reckon that's a far bigger incentive to not fail.

"Mitoma has a thesis on dribbling, but Endo has a book (on duel) and monthly v-blog" :LOL:

1710432234253.png
1710432224037.png

"I think soccer is about finding the best solution," he says on his website.

"The opponent, their system, their abilities, their characteristics, their conditions…while taking these into account, we have to choose which one to win.

“This is the fun of soccer. That’s the real thrill of it. I want to find more optimal solutions; I want to hear more about them. That’s what this content project is all about.”

Didn't the English chop off William Wallace's head? Or was that just the movie? Surely there were tons of beheadings in England? But I'm shit at history.
Hence "the axe", though swords were also used for beheadings (e.g. Anne Boelyn), just not guillotines (probably because they were seen as too humane)

Fun fact - I have an ancestor who signed Charles I death warrant (he was beheaded with an axe). I come from a long line of regicides. I wouldn't be surprised if one of my distant cousins was riding a motorbike while practicing flash photography through a Paris tunnel in 1997, or another was seen sneaking away from Mullaghmore in 1978.

Didn't the English chop off William Wallace's head? Or was that just the movie? Surely there were tons of beheadings in England? But I'm shit at history.
They chopped off heads with an axe not a guillotine! Wallace was hung, drawn and quartered, which is an altogether much more hideous death than beheading.

Back
Top Bottom