• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool, Wataru upto?

__opt__aboutcom__coeus__resources__content_migration__serious_eats__seriouseats.com__images__2017__07__20170721-natto-ann-yonetani-vicky-wasik-5-b00bc36895d149ab9e3976cc04bf72d5.jpg
Sorry, but fucking URGH!!!

You ever actually had that shit? It's definitely an 'acquired taste' - and I'm a fully fledged member of the "eats weird shit" club

You ever actually had that shit? It's definitely an 'acquired taste' - and I'm a fully fledged member of the "eats weird shit" club
I kindof like it, in the right mood, but that's not that point here is it.

Could anyone, on planet earth, say it is bland?

Japanese food being bland is absolutely fucking enraging me though. What the fuck is going on?
Sushi is bland. Chicken katsu curry is basically Chicken escalope with gravy and rice. The slimy bean with rice- nah leave that out!
In London, there are Japanese restaurants but none are really busy, why? Because the food is boring!

Sushi isn't bland if you have a functioning tongue.

Some sushi is very strong tasting, how is uni bland? It's an explosion of flavor.

Ramen is basically pot noodles in the same way that hot pockets are basically pizza. You've taken one thing that takes days to develop its flavor and compared it to its factory output with a ton of msg and not much else. Your geneology is so backward that the thing that has been inbred until it's lost all vitality precedes the original. I feel sorry for you that you've never had good ramen.

Y’all haven’t tasted proper Japanese food yet.

It’s like the chinese takeaways/restaurants in the UK. Most of them taste like dog poo. Nowhere near authentic Chinese food.

Uncle Roger would puke all over them.

If you get your "auth" oriental food from Wagamamas in Leicester Sq then yes.
Loads of authentic Chinese/Korean/Japanese great places in London and out, utter nonsense.

Sushi is bland. Chicken katsu curry is basically Chicken escalope with gravy and rice. The slimy bean with rice- nah leave that out!
In London, there are Japanese restaurants but none are really busy, why? Because the food is boring!
Not busy? WTF? Spent 6 months over in the UK (Europe) last year and we went for Japanese every single week. Even at bloody expensive places if you hadn't booked days in advance - no tables, at any time.

Raman is basically pot noodles. Taste as plastic as pot noodles
You need to stop. You clearly know absolutely nothing about Japanese food and are well beyond embarrassing yourself. You are on the verge of an obligatory castration.

If you get your "auth" oriental food from Wagamamas in Leicester Sq then yes.
Loads of authentic Chinese/Korean/Japanese great places in London and out, utter nonsense.
I'm going to defend wagamama. I reckon it's one of the best chains. The food quality is decent and it's not expensive.

It's a pain in the arse trying to find a decent Asian restaurant here. I know of a few but none are near my place.

Do Wagamama's still do them fucking awful chilli chocolate ice creams? Never been back after that.

I kindof like it, in the right mood, but that's not that point here is it.

Could anyone, on planet earth, say it is bland?

Oh yes. I'm 100% a "eat anything that moves and anyone that's polite" Asian but this shit bright me to my knees. My lips just refused to open after the first mouth full.

Japanese food is definitely not 'bland' I would rate it above French easily.

You need to stop. You clearly know absolutely nothing about Japanese food and are well beyond embarrassing yourself. You are on the verge of an obligatory castration.
And after that we'll dip your balls in soy sauce and a touch of wasabi before popping out in our mouths.

I LOVE Chinese food as well. I consider Japanese food to be the greatest but I’m biased!
@Frogfish I love hot stuff, and both Korea and China offer different versions of that so enjoy both. Would love to go to Shanghai one day! Need to try those Shanghai crabs.

Maybe but that doesn't stop you being right.... Fuck man - I could smash some karage and miso ramen right now :giggle:

I'm going to defend wagamama. I reckon it's one of the best chains. The food quality is decent and it's not expensive.

It's a pain in the arse trying to find a decent Asian restaurant here. I know of a few but none are near my place.
It used to be good like 15yrs ago, so many better chains out there I reckon now.
Kokorro and Pick-a-bap is fantastic value and portion size plus quality.

All I said was #AsianFootballersMatter - and you all turn it into #AsianFoodMatters - I always knew it, you non-Asians just like us Asians for our Food - always drive us out of Football.

Anyway on a serious note, I was listing to one of the LFC Channels, and it was in large part about praising Endo and how good he was, but still despite all the praise they were talking about what we could get next season to back him up and how such and such was a better footballer than him etc. Is it a minority amongst us of the majority who think he has done well, but actually think he is a good footballer ? - how much proof do people need to see his improvements ? - can we all agree that in the Arsenal home game he was in fact the best midfielder on the pitch ? - can we agree that he has shown signs of getting past players and covering lots of ground like Kante did in his good times ? can we agree that he has break-up play and ability to pass between the lines with a fair degree of accuracy and better than most DM's in this league ?

I think a good way to understand Korean food (in relation to other Asian cuisines) is that if your spirit animal is Pep Guardiola, forget it.

But if there's any part of you that secretly enjoys a cold, wet, Tuesday night in Stoke, (or if you're already stuck there) then Korean food might be the best thing in the world.

There is Korean food in Stoke?

Wagamama is decent, only if you fancy something posher but too posh, than your local chippy. Standards have dropped a lot too, and definitely VERY different than the early days.

Back
Top Bottom