• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Manchester United 17th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hold on - these are games after international breaks (where many of our players have been in training with their national teams - either playing or not), not games after we have had a break ? - is that right ? - because I am with @FoxForceFive on this - and it has been one of my main moans - when we have these breaks where players are not involved in any competitive matches then we generally have played quite badly. It's like they have lost their sharpness.
Its ONE FUCKING WEEK - it really isn't a break, other than in the context of this mad season. It is not comparable to the 2 week breaks with warm weather training you are alluding to. In any normal season this sort of "break" happens every 2-3 weeks, so go back and look at all our results when we never had a mid week match and CALM THE FUCK DOWN

Henderson at CB if Matip doesnt make it?

I don't think i like this. We missed his drive in midfield against newcastle. Who else would it be instead ohim in the middle? Jones? Could be too heavy a game for a young scouse lad to get involved with. It might work, but there's a solid chance rage could be all over the shop

I don't think i like this. We missed his drive in midfield against newcastle. Who else would it be instead ohim in the middle? Jones? Could be too heavy a game for a young scouse lad to get involved with. It might work, but there's a solid chance rage could be all over the shop

Agree, but I'm not sure Klopp will start Phillips or Williams. Although Rhys was good against Spurs at home.

Agree, but I'm not sure Klopp will start Phillips or Williams. Although Rhys was good against Spurs at home.

Phillips is being considered for the Burnley game because of his no-nonsense heading ability. The local hacks, on Friday, seemed to think that Matip wasn't going to be ready and Hendo would probably fill-in at CB while Milner came into midfield, but that was just speculation, and Matip had until yesterday to prove himself ready.

Phillips is being considered for the Burnley game because of his no-nonsense heading ability. The local hacks, on Friday, seemed to think that Matip wasn't going to be ready and Hendo would probably fill-in at CB while Milner came into midfield, but that was just speculation, and Matip had until yesterday to prove himself ready.

Makes sense. Saw the story in the Echo about Hendo stepping up to play CB. Guessing thats the fall back plan.
If Matip doesnt make it today, he has until Thursday to be ready for the Burnley game.

I think after Newcastle, I'd rather see Henderson in midfield and for us to take a risk on Rhys. I guess the flip side thinking with Klopp is that Henderson has had niggling injuries of late and he'd prefer him more static at the back, than covering midfield and not really having the legs for it at the moment.

Fuck knows. Ideally, Matip will start. I'd personally like to see Klopp take a punt on Shaqiri wide right, with Firmino on the bench and Salah central. But typically Firmino will probably now have a stormer.

Either way, I'm expecting a red herring from Klopp. Too many players have been either coasting or struggling of late. Trent, Bobby and a few others are rightly under pressure.

How World War 3 could start this evening..

04907232e8d6050f0613756bc0d57400.jpg

I've already come to peace with myself that we'll get fucked by VAR today and they'll get a penalty.

Our situation at CB is fucking embarrassing and not befitting of a Club looking to win another League title.

I think after Newcastle, I'd rather see Henderson in midfield and for us to take a risk on Rhys. I guess the flip side thinking with Klopp is that Henderson has had niggling injuries of late and he'd prefer him more static at the back, than covering midfield and not really having the legs for it at the moment.

Fuck knows. Ideally, Matip will start. I'd personally like to see Klopp take a punt on Shaqiri wide right, with Firmino on the bench and Salah central. But typically Firmino will probably now have a stormer.

The worry i have with Rhys is we've seen him get turned very very easily for pace against the kids from Villa; Rashford/Greenwood/Martial with pogba and fernandes pinging passes consistently could cause fucking huge problems

If Hendo starts at CB, I really think we need someone other than milner to come in, but i've no fucking clue who....so i guess it's milner.

I've already come to peace with myself that we'll get fucked by VAR today and they'll get a penalty.

It will still hurt you when it happens. You're not a true believer, I sense hope in you still. It is that lingering foolish hope that will lead to the pain you think you won't feel. But you will.

I doubt I'm even going to watch this, which is mental considering how good our team is now and the fact I continued watching through the Hodgson reign. It's a damning indictment of how much VAR has fucked the game.

The game has gone and you know it. You'll all be agreeing with me in a few hours after United spawn a result.

Imagine going into a season with three senior centre backs, two of which have a long history of injuries. Only ourselves to blame for all this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom