• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Manchester United 17th Jan

Status
Not open for further replies.
NOt sure I'd describe our match against City earlier this season as "getting battered", in fact I think many pundits called us the better team

i just want to beat them - don't care if it's a lucky 1-0 win a dodgy penalty or Maguire own goal, of we smash them 4-0.
Just want to win and get our season back on track.

Well that's not exactly true @Donavan Ried. We do turn big teams over, but we also turn little teams over too. We've been battered against City in the last several months and we've struggled against Everton twice (I know they're not a big team, but on this seasons showing), we just beat Spurs too. We also struggle against some smaller teams, so the only thing certain about our form is that right now, we don't know which Liverpool will turn up and how well our patched up defense will cope. When we add in a Henderson that's struggled with injury a bit, Thiago who's the same, a front 3 that's been hit and miss of late and a back up bench full of kids or players who've been out for quite some time. Who knows?

When we then add in that United are even more unpredictable, it's just one of those where it will be whichever team has the better appetite on the day, or whoever gets the rub of the green.

What is great with Thiago playing is that he plays the ball with speed, and mostly one touch which speed up our attack rather than this "slow the game down, play it side to side and back and forward and back again twenty plus times before looking for that killer. defence spiltting pass"

OK we don't lose that often against th lower third of the table these days , but ten to fifteen years ago it was a regular thing

Five days already of 'I think we'll win' 'I don't think we'll win' 'We really need to win this' - it's been riveting stuff. And still several more days to come!

i just want to beat them - don't care if it's a lucky 1-0 win a dodgy penalty or Maguire own goal, of we smash them 4-0.
Just want to win and get our season back on track.
No we need a strong statement where we dominate and knock 5 past them.

This game is one of the biggest game in world football, however, recently has been a drab affair. I think we should invite them to attack and hit them on the counter

This game is one of the biggest game in world football, however, recently has been a drab affair. I think we should invite them to attack and hit them on the counter

Id be interested to see how they would respond in that scenario. Its clear they are coached to sit deep and then attack the space on the counter. Our current system seems to be pinning our oppoents into their own third of the pitch as a way of restricting their attacks, the issue its created is that having an entire team condensed into that space is restricting our attacks too

I would rather be 30 points ahead of them obv but fuck me it's a rare feeling to be having this weekend feeling of a game against United that matters. Into these penalty shagging cunts

Sounds like Matip wont be playing at the weekend so will it be Hendo or will the chance go to Williams/Phillips at the back?

Last edited:
If Matip is out I'd go 3 at the back and have Hendo and Gini doing some mad wing half thing rather than see Williams get merked by Rashford every 10 mins.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom