• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp has never beaten a Mourinho team before. So yeah don't get your hopes up lads.

Sent from my Apple Watch using Tapatalk

[article]Jurgen Klopp can boast what few top managers can when his Liverpool side take on Manchester United on Saturday - a winning record over Jose Mourinho.

Apart from Pep Guardiola, who has won eight and lost four of his meetings with Mourinho during spells with Barcelona, Bayern Munich and now Manchester City, Mourinho has more often than not proved a thorn in the side of most of his rivals.

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger took 13 years to finally enjoy a Premier League win over the Portuguese, at the 13th attempt.

The uber-confident Klopp, however, will suffer no such inferiority complex.

He has locked horns with the Portuguese seven times since he was in charge of Borussia Dortmund and Mourinho was at Real Madrid. Only once has he suffered a defeat and even on that occasion Dortmund still knocked Real out in the Champions League semi-finals 4-3 on aggregate.

Klopp has three wins to his name with three other games against Mourinho ending in draws - including both Premier League meetings last season during Mourinho's first season at the Old Trafford helm having replaced Louis van Gaal.

The charismatic German has clearly enjoyed pitting his wits against Mourinho on the pitch and while there is a healthy respect between them, there is also an edge that Saturday's north west showdown is likely to sharpen.

During the draw at Old Trafford in January the managers confronted each other in the technical area with Mourinho suggesting afterwards that Klopp concentrate on coaching his team rather than waving his arms about.

Klopp hit out at United's "long-ball" tactics.

The presence of Klopp and Mourinho in rival dugouts on Saturday adds another level of intrigue to a fixture between two clubs with 38 league English titles between.

Since Mourinho was appointed as United's manager he has earned 88 points, exactly the same as Klopp in the same period.

Yet Mourinho has two major trophies in the bag - the League Cup and Europa League - while Klopp awaits his first.

Mourinho said he is relishing another meeting with a club against who he claimed his first trophy in English football when Chelsea beat Liverpool in the 2005 League Cup final but against whom he suffered two Champions League semi-final defeats.

"At Anfield I've had great moments and I've had bad moments," he said.

"They have had happiness against me, they have had very sad moments against me.

"(Now) if they respect me as much as I respect them, we are going to have another one of those matches."[/article]

Fingers crossed this will not jinx us though

Last edited:
We are fucked tomorrow. Cannot see us doing anything good. We are gonna get rammed up the a hole. Also dont blame manager in advance ... just the thick players we have in our team.

Some of you lads don't understand the cycle and how it works. As soon as we've seemingly resigned ourselves to mediocrity something happens to restore our completely unwarranted hubris.

That something is a memorable trouncing of the scum. Then we'll draw 0-0 with spurs the following week and lose 0-2 against Huddersfield the week after that.

So just enjoy tomorrow.

According the great and wise, we'll be 10 points behind by tomorrow evening. Also, Klopp could have avoided Mané injury if he had told the lad not to get injured.
Keon said this, saying in his case he was told to be careful by Wenger and he followed those instructions. And proceeded to say he had multiple injuries and two surgeries because of internationals.
How thick is he?

Im in the alehouse at 10am tomorrow morning to sink about 5 or 6 pints before I get into the ground. That tells you how I feel the result is gonna go.

Fucking hate these cunts. Twats.
Throw a burger at their right back!

Some of you lads don't understand the cycle and how it works. As soon as we've seemingly resigned ourselves to mediocrity something happens to restore our completely unwarranted hubris.

That something is a memorable trouncing of the scum. Then we'll draw 0-0 with spurs the following week and lose 0-2 against Huddersfield the week after that.

So just enjoy tomorrow.

I agree, the only question is whether we've hit bottom yet - I'm not sure we have.

5-0. Jones the ugly prick to be sent off. Salah x2 with 1 pen, Coutinho with 2 and Henderson to score from 25 yards.

Good luck lads! Think we got a good chance today. Will be interesting to see the team and how we line up.

Roberto Firmino and Emre Can return to the starting line-up for Liverpool’s clash with Manchester United at Anfield this afternoon.

The duo replace Daniel Sturridge and the injured Sadio Mane in the XI as Jürgen Klopp makes two changes to the team deployed at Newcastle United last time out.
Liverpool starting line-up: Mignolet, Gomez, Matip, Lovren, Moreno, Henderson, Can, Wijnaldum, Coutinho, Salah, Firmino.
Subs: Karius, Milner, Sturridge, Klavan, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Solanke, Alexander-Arnold

Pack the midfield, smart move, given the match and options available. It could be a busy afternoon for Gomez.

Jürgen Klopp has explained the thinking behind his team selection for this afternoon’s Premier League showdown with Manchester United.

Asked whether moving Coutinho further forward and bringing Can into midfield was the natural change to make following news of Sadio Mane’s injury, Klopp added: “Yes. Of course we have different options – we can put Roberto on the left wing, we can put Ox in this position.
Ox just needs a little bit more time to adapt. He was always interrupted by two-week international breaks; always when he starts taking the next step then international break.
"These boys are used to each other and they know about [each other’s] ways, so I think it makes sense against United that we do not make a lot of experiments because they are quite cool in their approach.
“They are convinced about what they are doing; sometimes a little bit deeper, sometimes a little bit higher. They don’t need 80 per cent of the ball to feel dominant in the game, so you need a formation in which everybody knows what the other player is doing in each situation.”

Fucking Moreno, Milner should be starting if Robertson isn't ready.

I'd have played TAA also.

Let's get into them from the start

Draw or defeat. Most probably the latter. Can't see us scoring more than one, if that. Plus, we will definitely concede. De Gea heroics, meltdown at the back.

Fucking Moreno, Milner should be starting if Robertson isn't ready.

I'd have played TAA also.

Let's get into them from the start
The only reason to start Moreno is pace. Other than that Milner should be there .. however wasn't he the one to say he didn't want to start at LB ? Look how that's working out for him .. and us. Robertson should have started ahead of Moreno who'll doubtless give a penalty away against Lukaku or Valencia.

Found a pub after an hour walking around Covent Garden.
IM IN.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom