• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Man Utd

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team Klopp selects will be interesting (as will the bench) but I don't expect Mourinho to be as defensive as usual, he must realise we are there for the taking and it may be foolish to give us the impetus by sitting back. I foresee United controlling midfield and creating chances with us relying mostly on Salah or Coutinho to conjure up something (probably on a break). We'll lose by two goals.

Sitting back is the least foolish thing a team can do when playing against us.

We are going to get twatted. I don't think I've ever felt such trepidation as this before prior to a United game, home or away, even when United were winning leagues and we were struggling to stay in the top half of the table. I also don't think I've ever been so depressed or negative about our chances but we've had absolutely shite luck so far this season and it's not letting up so I don't expect some 180 degrees tomorrow.

Mane out, our most influential player (as opposed to best, though he could be that too), is a massive psychological blow to the team, on top of average recent form, poor shooting boots, Lallana & Clyne out as well, possible concern within the team re. Coutinho & Can leaving, an utterly shite midfield and it seems everyone low on confidence. I can see that if something goes wrong early doors then it will be massively tough for us to get back into the game.

The team Klopp selects will be interesting (as will the bench) but I don't expect Mourinho to be as defensive as usual, he must realise we are there for the taking and it may be foolish to give us the impetus by sitting back. I foresee United controlling midfield and creating chances with us relying mostly on Salah or Coutinho to conjure up something (probably on a break). We'll lose by two goals.
The Rosco banning incedent seems to have destroyed your soul. We’re going to twat them.

As an aside I think I saw on Twitter (so please correct me for accuracy if it's wrong) that globally this is THE most watched game of all, in any sport .. and that includes the World Cup final, and has over twice the viewing audience of Real vs Barca. According to Jeff Shreeves over 900 million viewers in over 200 countries. Truly amazing and an awesome demonstration of the pulling power of these two clubs.

Last edited:
Finding it impossible to predict with any certainty this one. If Mourinho comes at us then we've got a decent chance, but I suspect they'll sit back, dominate us in set plays and wait for our inevitable defensive fuck up.

Sent from my X5 using Tapatalk

This is soo depressing. I'm not sure I'm even going to bother to watch. I just hope we keep the scoreline down. Losing by more than three will be excruiating

I doubt Mourinho will want them to play that progressively. His ego is too big for that. He likes his tactics to be as obvious as a kid's crayon picture on the fridge door. Slow, cautious, 'look what devious things we're doing' performances suit him best. After all, he's only happy when it's all about him, not the team, so I doubt he'll want too expressive a performance.

Massive few games after the summer transfer window shambles.

I can see jose packing the midfield , it will be tough to break them down and we will be picked off with a long ball over the top or a set piece.
The goal we conceded against Newcastle was comically bad.

As an aside I think I saw on Twitter (so please correct me for accuracy if it's wrong) that globally this is THE most watched game of all, in any sport .. and that includes the World Cup final, and has over twice the viewing audience of Real vs Barca. According to Jeff Shreeves over 900 million viewers in over 200 countries. Truly amazing and an awesome demonstration of the pulling power of our club, even when we play against the scum.
Fixed

Don't waste your time trying to discuss this with the guy on anything like logical grounds. It's about obsessions with him (pro-Lucas, anti-Henderson), not about logic.

i'm no Henderson fan but lucas was just shite.

Cant believe utd are missing fellaini and pogba and our trio will still give them a run for their money in the baffling stakes.

score draw.

i'm no Henderson fan but lucas was just shite.

Cant believe utd are missing fellaini and pogba and our trio will still give them a run for their money in the baffling stakes.

score draw.

Flying back from Dubai tomorrow so gladly will be missing this one. I'll just log on here tomorrow to join in the collective meltdown after we lose by at least a couple. Defo will concede a set piece as they have a big as well as talented teAm. Second will probably be after the first (they usually are) as we will have to push to equalise and Klopp's insistence on playing a dangerously high line with players that aren't suited to do so.
Oh, and as good as Salah is, he's no Mane

While I agree with that, his pace and willingness to get into the box will still worry them. I just hope he has his shooting boots on.

I dont really wanna watch this in a pub in Manchester on my own and nor do I wanna trust a stream for this. Dilemma. I should provably get drunk and find out

According the great and wise, we'll be 10 points behind by tomorrow evening. Also, Klopp could have avoided Mané injury if he had told the lad not to get injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom