• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - Sat 5:30 - Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its one thing missing football on Saturdays and a Salah goal all through summer, but you also miss these golden nuggets. Arsenal fan TV, its lovely.

Aren't we just great to watch? You want every one of them to do well, and they all do.
I go the game that rarely that I honestly forget just how fucking good we are in the flesh.

I was about 20 rows back behind the anny road goal, & watching us attack so close second half I just kept thinking & saying "How the fuck does any team defend against this?!" They were playing at 100mph, one touch clever football, in & out, around the box, it's so much quicker when you see it there.

Tbh they kept their shape really well (most of the time) when inside the area, & pulled off some great blocks too, I think against most sides we'd have gotten a few more goals for sure.

Also, VAR can suck my balls. The one shitty point of the match yesterday was the announcement that there was a VAR check for a red card offence, didn't know for what, who, when, or anything, & it seemed to last a couple of minutes. Every fan in the ground was jeering & booing, arsenal & us.

A word on their fans, despite having shitty repetitive songs, their applause to Chamberlain when he came on & the way they acted after the match was boss. All fans were let out at the same time (is that commonplace now?!) I was walking past/through them & a fair few were saying how good we were & none were acting like bellends that I could see either.

And Insig, you my friend, are a legend, & fantastic drinking company as per usual!

Gotta laugh, after losing 3-1, giving away a penalty, and being directly responsible for the third goal, there's an article on Arsenal.com with them talking to David Luiz about how solid they were at the back against us.

Had a good view from above in Upper Main Stand. I was amazed by how good we were. We just rolled over them and they didn't seem to have any option but clearing the ball while hanging in the ropes. Atmosphere was good as well.

Thanks to Woland for sorting us ticks. Now it is a second day hangover and a bank holiday sunday to make it a hattrick. Cheers Fox for a good evening on the ale yesterday!

Bobby is so important. His workrate, his skills, his understanding of the game. All amazing. Players like Mane and Salah, don’t get me wrong, are easier to find. Bobby is just sensational. Our Bergkamp while Salah/Mane is our Henry to use Arsenal as example.

Phil Neville might not be a tactical genius after all. Who'd have thought it

To be fair, it’s not his fault Emery inexplicably played into our hands with the “diamond.” Klopp, like everyone else’ couldn’t believe it - absolutely the worst possible system to play against a team where the main creative threat comes from the wings. Neville thought they were going with 4-3-3, which could have troubled us (and did briefly after Lacazette and Torreira came on).

Last edited:
I made that mistake the first time I wrote it on my phone. I’ve reached the stage where CBA rectifying it.

Its one thing missing football on Saturdays and a Salah goal all through summer, but you also miss these golden nuggets. Arsenal fan TV, its lovely.

I can't listen to that shite, under Wenger they were really naïve and always tried to play their own game resulting in many, many embarrassing results. Emery compromised on his ideals in the pursuit of a result which is something they will need to do against superior sides, at least until they improve and you get cunts like that moaning about it. Probably moaned about Wenger doing the opposite too.

I can't listen to that shite, under Wenger they were really naïve and always tried to play their own game resulting in many, many embarrassing results. Emery compromised on his ideals in the pursuit of a result which is something they will need to do against superior sides, at least until they improve and you get cunts like that moaning about it. Probably moaned about Wenger doing the opposite too.

It's only natural that fans moan about whichever approach leads to losing. Emery has done nothing so far to improve Arsenal's poor record against top 6 or in away games. Until that changes, the fans will moan and rightly so – just like we weren't hypocrites when we decried Hodgson's lack of ambition and later criticized Rodgers' lack of discipline.

Last edited:
478349cd4e78c001617097ee0162c135.jpg

That's only natural that fans moan about whichever approach leads to losing. Emery has done nothing so far to improve Arsenal's poor record against top 6 or in away games. Until that changes, the fans will moan and rightly so – just like we decried Hodgson's lack of ambition and Rodgers' lack of discipline.
I think he is a good coach, but the evidence is that he is reactive, hence the better 2nd half performances last season. Right now i think his hands are tied due to non cl footy and not having the money to strengthen all areas of his team. By current form, i think right now they could come 4th...if they dont fall apart.

To be fair, it’s not his fault Emery inexplicably played into our hands with the “diamond.” Klopp, like everyone else’ couldn’t believe it - absolutely the worst possible system to play against a team where the main creative threat comes from the wings. Neville thought they were going with 4-3-3, which could have troubled us (and did briefly after Lacazette and Torreira came on).

The subs changed the game. We lost some momentum and they got back into it in the second half.

I think Emery got it right setting up to be more defensive. Their chances in the first half were as good the ones we had. It would probably have been worse for them if they tried to out punch us.

I noticed a funny episode early in the game. We had a freekick out at the left and as we prepared for swinging it in one of the Arsenal players was trying to push Firmino into an offside position. He pushed and pushed and clearly hoped Bobby would be offside when the ball came flying. Bizarr.

Not really related but I was chatting to a lad a footy earlier and he was wearing a Liverpool top. I said oh cool not seen any other Liverpool supporters here. He said well actually I'm more a Salah supporter, he has such a positive outlook for Muslims from that part of the world that isn't about terrorism. Anyway that seems like a cool reason to support Liverpool

Bobby is so important. His workrate, his skills, his understanding of the game. All amazing. Players like Mane and Salah, don’t get me wrong, are easier to find. Bobby is just sensational. Our Bergkamp while Salah/Mane is our Henry to use Arsenal as example.

Players like Salah are easier to find? On what basis can you make that statement, hes scored more goals in a single season (38 games) than anybody in the history of the league. The lad is a phenomenon, hes one of the best forwards we have ever had.

I dont understand why hes constantly talked down, maybe its because most people think he will move on and then they can play the 'always said Firmino was better' card.

Xhaka got cruelly snubbed for a Klopp hug at 2:20. Meanwhile Salah got a double-portion and scored a double!

Interesting how Klopp thought Arsenal would play a 4-2-2-2 after the lineups came out. He was probably rubbing his eyes in disbelief in the first 15 minutes when he realized Emery actually went with the "diamond" and let Trent and Robbo bombard the penalty area with crosses at will.

Last edited:
Players like Salah are easier to find? On what basis can you make that statement, hes scored more goals in a single season (38 games) than anybody in the history of the league. The lad is a phenomenon, hes one of the best forwards we have ever had.

I dont understand why hes constantly talked down, maybe its because most people think he will move on and then they can play the 'always said Firmino was better' card.
Hasn't Mane scored more in 2019 ? Now we've got TWO ;)

Pacey skilled attackers with an eye for a goal is easier to find. Over the years we have had fantastic skilled goalscoring attackers and every time we lost one we seemed to find a new one. So when We thought we would never see a better attacker in a Liverpool shirt a new one popped up. However when looking at Bobby he falls more into the Dalglish/Beardsley mode. He will not be out topscorer but the team plays worse without him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom