• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool vs Arsenal - Sat 5:30 - Match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Until the subs, we showed why teams at Arsenal's level can't come out and play against us.

Disappointing not to get a clean sheet but it's a good win.

It feels like an inevitable win against Arsenal, again

Christ it's starting to feel like the 80's again. I LOVE IT

This feeling - it's as good as it gets. I think back to Houllier, Rafa, Roy, Brendan, Kenny - who knows if we win - not just against Arsenal, but against major opposition. With Klopp and this team, it all feels more possible.

Plus you know, United today as well :)

Interesting hearing Luiz explain his part in the goals. Talked about him not being able to stop Salah due to yellow he got for the pen.

Last edited:
We were overall pretty average and still blew away a dangerous side in The Gooners, im sure pep was less than happy watching that.

It really feels like when we finally hit our stride we will start padding the GD with some big wins

Must admit that I didn't watch the game in it's entirety, dinner plans.
Anyway, I wasn't at all surprised with the line up. Matip just had to start and the usual midfield three as well, despite Ox's bright performance.

Adrian, was luckily the least involved player on the pitch.

Trent with another assist...hmm how did WB do for Scum?
Matip has a 50p head, huh?
VD was good as usual.
Robbo was good, his crosses weren't.

Fabinho was really good, if not for Salah he would have been my MOM. Great assist by Fabs too.
Hendo looked great despite the two mistakes.
Wijnaldum was awful in the first half, did ok in the second. Ineffective.

Firmino is so important to our style of play. What a gem of player. That flick and shot? WOW!!!
Salah, man of match
Mane, unlucky to not get a goal. Was a threat throughout.

Last edited:
Sensational win.

Salah with an outrageous goal.

We are starting to look extremely dominant.

Mane doesn’t destroy a team? That’s ok Salah got you today.

Luiz talked out his arse.

Great win. Up The Unbearables
lsiaqkwlafi31.jpg

Sorry @Modo for doubting us ... I think Emrey played into our hands - though let's be honest, it seems Aumbamayeng doesn't show up against the top teams (gifted a chance by Adrian) and Pepe should have scored ...
That being said, we were the better team and deserved a win.
Hopefully Man City fuck up again tomorrow.

Sorry @Modo for doubting us ... I think Emrey played into our hands - though let's be honest, it seems Aumbamayeng doesn't show up against the top teams (gifted a chance by Adrian) and Pepe should have scored ...
That being said, we were the better team and deserved a win.
Hopefully Man City fuck up again tomorrow.
Emery like many other managers was hoping to hit us on the counter, problem is they had such a piss poor midfield. Wow, I was not impressed at all. They basically shat themselves.

This was very Arsenal from Arsenal. I love how they lost their only capable defender and replaced him with David Luiz

Emery like many other managers was hoping to hit us on the counter, problem is they had such a piss poor midfield. Wow, I was not impressed at all. They basically shat themselves.
Our midfield didn't allow them to play at all. I thought they looked better with that Torreira chap towards the end. Glad he didn't start.

I'm watching Sky's post match show and Trent is currently being interviewed.
It's sooooo boring to listen to him speak. Monotone voice, looks down and has no expressions. The kid needs drama classes.

Reading the amount of pissy crying in this thread in the first half is hilarious. Fucking great performance. I never had the slightest concern.

I don't do match threads anymore for exactly that reason. This place is dying

Reading the amount of pissy crying in this thread in the first half is hilarious. Fucking great performance. I never had the slightest concern.

Didn't find the thread the worst. Just the usual mundane painting by the numbers dull posts. Adrian is not Alisson, we know. Ox isn't a world beater, we know. Not sure it matters. Mane, Salah and Bobby are incredible. Bobby is hilarious to watch. I think he's my favourite player since Suarez.

Didn't find the thread the worst. Just the usual mundane painting by the numbers dull posts. Adrian is not Alisson, we know. Ox isn't a world beater, we know. Not sure it matters. Mane, Salah and Bobby are incredible. Bobby is hilarious to watch. I think he's my favourite player since Suarez.

First half was a bit frustrating but I always felt we would break through.

Bobby is my favorite player now. Maybe ever.

1:35 Adrian brain fart
3:18 Bobby first trick
3:30 Matip goal and vD complaint
4:18 another Bobby cheeky skill
4:50 Salah shot on turn
5:30 Matip great save
5:44 Firmino pass and the pull
5:55 I just pull his shirt - DavidLuiz
6:02 Salah penalty
6:40 Salah goal
Youtube link for the video

1:50 new season, new arsenal, same result - ha ha ha

Yeah, I dont really get the negativity from the first half. We played okay, but as the players said Arsenal surprised us with their line up and we got to much space and time on the flanks and attacked basically the same way all first half. In the second half we changed things up and in the end the scoreline flattered them.
First 30 mins in the second half We were dicking them all over the place.

We’re just boss.

I wonder why we've conceded after scoring in all three games already. The 1 that each side has got has come after we've done our scoring. Hmm

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom