• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v West Brom - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think all the midfielders are guilty of slow speed of thought and unimaginative play— the fact that WBA is sitting back means we must move the ball quicker. We’re not doing that at the moment. One we get the ball in a good area we’re not picking the right options— too many routine crosses to trouble that defensive structure.

So far this is the most shamelessly one-sided attack vs defense game I can remember since Barcelona-Inter 10 years ago.

Trent's a wonderful player, but he has to resist creeping 'Beckhamitis' as far as his free kicks are concerned. e.g.: If you can't get the ball up over the wall and down again, don't try it; and take a proper run-up and prepare properly before you go for a curling shot - that one he tried was just lazy. Beckham ended up wasting loads of free kicks (note England v Greece) in the hope that one would finally go in, because he was making loads of over-confident judgements. Trent needs to guard against that. Look at the situation, and if you're really not sure you're in the right position to take the free kick, let someone else take it.

I think all the midfielders are guilty of slow speed of thought and unimaginative play— the fact that WBA is sitting back means we must move the ball quicker. We’re not doing that at the moment. One we get the ball in a good area we’re not picking the right options— too many routine crosses to trouble that defensive structure.
Was hoping to see an increase in tempo 2nd half but not really seeing it...

That's why I want Shaq on. His passing range would definitely help.

I think we are packing their box a little too much. We need to use the width better with multiple players at the back post and wide side.

Maybe we can create just a little more room for a dribble or through ball. I do think we need some dribble penetration from Jones, Wini, Mané or Salah.

Good thing he's gone down now and not the end of January.

Hopefully this secures a January CB signing now.

We can't trust Matip. He's made of biscuits.

It's not like he did the splits to stretch for that ball!

It was a pretty simple pass flip sake.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom