• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Manchester United - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Average would be 10th. We are second and they are so many reasons for our form. We need to avoid more injuries and we’ll be fine. The overaction on here is insane.

You do realize were 5 points from 10th assuming Aston villa dont lose all their 3 games in hand, yes?

make no mistake about it, we are in a rut and the frontline is not performing HOWEVER couple things were noting

• Jota coming back will give both salah and mane a kick up the backside and shift firmino out the side (who is clearly misfiring)
  • Henderson can come back into the midfield with Matip returning (for how long is the question as matip is made from straw)

There's other variables i.e us buying a CB (unlikely) but we are still in the mix.

STAY POSITIVE PEOPLE!

There is clearly a danger that we are going to fall out of the top 4. It's not that the others are so much better it's because we aren't as strong up front. In truth none of the front 3 looked sharpe enough once the first 25/30 minutes had gone by. It's a problem.I suspect the Boss was well aware that it could happen and that's why he sought to freshen it up with Jota. Slight concern as well, was that Thiago didn't influence it much in the second half today.

We also need someone to start having a pop outside the box. Just trying to wriggle through everytime.

I think there is some truth behind the decline notion. The front three have been ridiculously ever-present and consistent for a few seasons now. Partnerships don't last, one usually drops off.

Bobby has his moments of genuine quality, but he looks a yard short mentally. We can put it down to fatigue, but he seems in a permanent rut.

Similarly, Salah looks frustrated, predictable and less of a threat as a result. Keeping hold of the ball too long, losing possession, struggling to make that yard for himself.

The "coaches know best" arguement doesn't wash. Sides fall away, managers struggle with the transition, fans become impatient.

Not signing a centre half now might have some people saying there's no need to panic, but come the end of the season, Gini goes, we start again with VVD off the back of a massive injury. We face decisions over Milner, maybe even one or two of the front three. And suddenly it's not just a centre half that solves everything, you need new players, you need to drum in years of system knowledge into new recruits, and you don't quite have that intensity, as new players arrive and more players decline.

It's taken 5 years to get here, we've added quality to quality, but we suddenly look mentally worn, out of ideas, and in danger of lapsing because of a reluctance to bolster when we most need it.

I said about 6 games ago that dropped points will cost us, and we continued to drop more, some posted that worried fans were being hysterical. Same with being concerned after we won the league, that we dropped a level or two.

It seems to have riddled the team, we won the two big ones and the danger then is players feel they've achieved their career target.

Klopp has it all to do, but the club need to show ambition again. For a management team of stat focused professionals, they must work out how to overcome a worryingly lengthy period of this team looking fried, lacking hunger and in some instances, criminally disinterested.

Salah has gone weird. There was a few occasions when he had a one on one and just didn't take it on.

And every time that happened I just kept thinking about the goal he scored against Chelsea. The one he picked it up and ran at them and cracked it into the far top corner.

Seems like at totally different fella. Maybe the Rona fucked him up.

Salah has gone weird. There was a few occasions when he had a one on one and just didn't take it on.

And every time that happened I just kept thinking about the goal he scored against Chelsea. The one he picked it up and ran at them and cracked it into the far top corner.

Seems like at totally different fella. Maybe the Rona fucked him up.

He's lost his mojo - or the captaincy issue really affected him, or it's something else.
I have no clue but something is up with all the front 3 - form, confidence etc and it's more of a concern than our injuries or VAR.

REALLY good? I thought the great lump had some prettty dodgy spells.

Nah, he had Salah in his pocket, had some good runs and most of our dangerous attacks came down AWB's side (who missed giving us a penalty by inches unfortunately)

Nah, he had Salah in his pocket, had some good runs and most of our dangerous attacks came down AWB's side (who missed giving us a penalty by inches unfortunately)

Good runs? If he played for us people would be bemoaning his lardy lack of pace and his technical inadequacy. In his case quite rightly. Horrible player.

He's lost his mojo - or the captaincy issue really affected him, or it's something else.
I have no clue but something is up with all the front 3 - form, confidence etc and it's more of a concern than our injuries or VAR.

Seeing as he's far too high and mighty to get a run out in the ressies to recover some form, we should just play him on the left and tell him to shoot whenever he fancies it. He's SO predictable now on the right - it's either a quick dribble into the middle where a CB takes the ball off his foot, or else a check and a shift of the ball on to his other foot. He needs to get a right foot. Failing that: He needs to think less and shoot more.

Good runs? If he played for us people would be bemoaning his lardy lack of pace and his technical inadequacy. In his case quite rightly. Horrible player.

Maybe because my expectations are so low for him, I was pleasantly surprised. I thought he & AWB were better than Trent and Robbo.

Seeing as he's far too high and mighty to get a run out in the ressies to recover some form, we should just play him on the left and tell him to shoot whenever he fancies it. He's SO predictable now on the right - it's either a quick dribble into the middle where a CB takes the ball off his foot, or else a check and a shift of the ball on to his other foot. He needs to get a right foot. Failing that: He needs to think less and shoot more.

I normally bitch about him being selfish but if the options are this form, or selfish and shooting all the time, I'll take the latter.

John Stones has more goals today than our entire team has the last 4 games ... says it all really.
We gotta snap out of this

We're gonna score again eventually, and the front three will find their rythm.
Thats just invietable.

Could start against Burnley. Just need to click again.

We are clearly a team playing with alot of fear at the moment. As that gane went in you could see the balance shift and Utd believed they could win it the longer it stayed scoreless. When the goals dry up like they have done recently it puts everybody on edge. Only really Thiago and Fabinho are playing at the maximum at the moment. Too many players look jaded or a yard off the pace.

Broken record time here, but the Firmino situation is becoming untenable. Its not a spell of bad form, hes been like this for over a year now. When Jota gets back, or maybe earlier, we need to bench him because hes actually breaking up most of our attacks. Long term we should think about moving him on in the summer as its clear there is going to have to be a rebuild this year.

I cant see us winning the title this season from here. City are putting a run together that looks ominous and all the momentum we had after the Spurs game has washed away. We dont look confident or hungry enough to do it. A combination of bad planning and poor luck with injuries has puntured our season, incredible to think that just a few months ago this side was being talked about as one of the greatest teams in PL history.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom