• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Manchester United - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has any else noticed that lately we don't counter attack as quickly as we used to do. Too often we slow the game down and let the opposition get back into position before we pass the ball forwards with any intent. Strange as that's one of our best ways of attacking.

I really was expecting at best a 0-0 draw, so I'm not sure why I'm so gutted.
The best FBs on the pitch? Theirs.
The best chances? Theirs.
The best manager? Unfortunately, theirs.

I just don't get Klopp ...
3 CBs, of which two are injury prone, in a corona season?
Plays our most in form attacker - a young, hungry player who has a point to prove - in a meaningless game?
Rarely sits players who are utter shit for a stretch of games.
The subs today highlight blindness - Shaq is our most creative player at best, our 2nd at worst and he comes off 1st?!?! Huh?

Before anyone moans, I still love him but I'm worried that we're digging a hole too deep - City is getting really hot now and scraping lucky wins.

Last 3 points
1) I would be so impressed if Bobby is on the bench to start the next game, and perhaps we go with a different formation to try and take advantage of Shaq and Jones?
2) I wonder if Pat will continue to post like a blind bat.
3) I fucking hate refs and VAR. They've fucked us as hard as the injuries this season. Nothing this game really - well, bar a call a few seconds before the end of the 1st half to free Mane for a 1v1 .. Oh well, good job Clattenburg and co you cunts.

We could be top of the league or out of the top 4 by the end of this month and scary to feel the latter is most likely

Yeah also Dreambeliever I swear to god do not fucking dare start a match thread again this season. We might have to bring oncy back from the dead and kill him again at this rate

Yeah, and even Klopp seems to have realized how hopelessly shit Minamino is.
I think Minamino was worth a gamble for 7 million but he's looked miles away from the quality we need. Not every transfer works out and we should still get most of the money back for him.

Mo needs to seriously get a grip on his life. Worst run of form I've seen from him and looks massively disinterested

??

He seems the most fired up and likely to make something happen out the front three.

Did you not see how he was gesticulating enthusiastically to Shaq when they came on for the 2nd half ? Frustrated yes, but disinterested definitely not.

Plays our most in form attacker - a young, hungry player who has a point to prove - in a meaningless game?
The subs today highlight blindness - Shaq is our most creative player at best, our 2nd at worst and he comes off 1st?!?! Huh?

Before anyone moans, I still love him but I'm worried that we're digging a hole too deep - City is getting really hot now and scraping lucky wins.

Last 3 points
1) I would be so impressed if Bobby is on the bench to start the next game, and perhaps we go with a different formation to try and take advantage of Shaq and Jones?
3) I fucking hate refs and VAR. They've fucked us as hard as the injuries this season. Nothing this game really - well, bar a call a few seconds before the end of the 1st half to free Mane for a 1v1 .. Oh well, good job Clattenburg and co you cunts.
Knee jerk to say the least. Relax a little.

Last 3 points

I hope we don‘t see Dortmund‘s last season Klopp. I hope he has learned.

I think Minamino was worth a gamble for 7 million but he's looked miles away from the quality we need. Not every transfer works out and we should still get most of the money back for him.

Yes, fairplay. But he‘s deadwood really.

Knee jerk to say the least. Relax a little.

The only knee jerk is your posting habits the last few weeks refusing to acknowledge the issues facing this team.
We were lucky to come off that pitch with a point. LUCKY.

I hope we don‘t see Dortmund‘s last season Klopp. I hope he has learned.

I think our team is much better than that team, but he's worrying me off. I think TAA is fried mentally, but maybe Klopp is too ... Maybe just make Salah captain against Burnley so he can be happy and remember how to play footy again.

Thiago, Shaq and Fabhino ahead of him. Good saves straight at him.

Well I think Thiago's influence wasn't great in the second half. I like Shaq just off the front 3, in the hole just playing those little through balls. Nobody was bad maybe Bobby and Mo were below their best but United are now more organised, stronger, harder to beat. We are misfiring up front. Need Jota back to freshen it up. Fact is, given the injuries we are still in there.

The only knee jerk is your posting habits the last few weeks refusing to acknowledge the issues facing this team.
We were lucky to come off that pitch with a point. LUCKY.

I think our team is much better than that team, but he's worrying me off. I think TAA is fried mentally, but maybe Klopp is too ... Maybe just make Salah captain against Burnley so he can be happy and remember how to play footy again.
Ya and you posting that we are average isn’t completely on the other end of the spectrum? FFS.

Fabinho MOTM. Thiago and Alisson were good.

Our attacking was pretty terrible. Shaw had salah in his pocket. Firmino broke up about 5 good attacks. Trents passing was better in the second half, but he's still not in great form.

He is loyal and for the most part that loyalty has paid off but his only forward options today from the bench were Minamino and Origi so I can understand him playing the usual three as the alternatives are even worse.
Origi was OK in his cameo to be fair. But yeah, I think firmino's leg would have to fall off before I'd bring on Minamino

It was important not to lose.

Any team that can put together some real form will walk this league, because between us being hobbled and in decline, other teams in a rebuild, and covid, it's more shit than I can remember.

City most likely to be that team.

Ya and you posting that we are average isn’t completely on the other end of the spectrum? FFS.

We have blown hot n' cold most of the season (definition of average).
Have you watched the last 4 games? It seems this is becoming 'norm' ... which is why 'alarm bells' are ringing ... People are seeing things that we don't if it's a temporary blip for whatever reasons, or the team going through what Man City went through last year ... and considering last year's league isn't going to be nearly as close as this year's, if we don't get going soon, we'll be talking about our battle for 4th ...

Has any else noticed that lately we don't counter attack as quickly as we used to do. Too often we slow the game down and let the opposition get back into position before we pass the ball forwards with any intent. Strange as that's one of our best ways of attacking.

the team is defending in numbers, we used to great on the counter.. but I think the uncertainty with the back line despite our good defensive record is harming our play..

We normally defend through the ranks, front 3 to the back, and attack from the point we win the ball back. Cant do that atm and I wonder whether we are concentrating too much on that in training? Bobby could defo do with some shooting practice

Bobby is not usually in the team really to get goals but the lions share of chances are falling to him atm. He needs to start banging them in

Origi was OK in his cameo to be fair. But yeah, I think firmino's leg would have to fall off before I'd bring on Minamino
I've heard that he's ridiculously laid back but Origi just doesn't look fired up when he comes off the bench anymore and it's so uninspiring whereas Jota is the opposite and that's why we're missing him so much.

nuts that we are still 3rd..

Ok that will be 4th probably a little later... Though Palace know how to turn city over..

We aint out of it yet..

We have blown hot n' cold most of the season (definition of average).
Have you watched the last 4 games? It seems this is becoming 'norm' ... which is why 'alarm bells' are ringing ... People are seeing things that we don't if it's a temporary blip for whatever reasons, or the team going through what Man City went through last year ... and considering last year's league isn't going to be nearly as close as this year's, if we don't get going soon, we'll be talking about our battle for 4th ...
Average would be 10th. We are second and they are so many reasons for our form. We need to avoid more injuries and we’ll be fine. The overaction on here is insane.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom