• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Leeds United - Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Firmino needs some SERIOUS competition, showing all the hallmarks of a player who’s position is too assured, no matter his form.
He’s never been a natural finisher, but he’s currently a poor finisher. If he has a chance, do you ever think he will score?

Fuck me, I haven't been this angry about a win for a while. It's the stupid mistakes at the back, the dilly-dallying in attack. We should have scored like 8 goals today and we should have kept a clean sheet.
This will not fly against Chelsea.
Yeah, I still don't get it. Firmino had enough chances to bag himself a hattrick. Mane could have gotten a brace as well and I think the coaching staff needs to make Wijnaldum feel that he's playing Barcelona every damn game. Defensively, we were too arrogant.

Damn that was hard work.We do like to over complicate things around the box sometimes just hit it,NBC were having a bit of a Bielsa wank,guess they're hyping up the new boys.Need fans back need to stop that song 2 shite.

Klopp will slap few skulls. Maybe get the chance to buy a decent player.

As, maybe Leeds are decent and will take some points off the top 4 clubs. That said, our defence need a boot up the hole.

Wow. I had a bet on 4-1 but thought our defense would hold up more.

Working so I missed the whole thing. Any positives? Other than winning, of course. How did Jones look?

Firmino needs some SERIOUS competition, showing all the hallmarks of a player who’s position is too assured, no matter his form.
He’s never been a natural finisher, but he’s currently a poor finisher. If he has a chance, do you ever think he will score?
I absolutely love his no look passes and the ice cold finishes with the outside of his boot.
That is, when it works! But when it's 3-2 or 3-3 and desperately need another goal that really fucking bothers me.
Just like Mane's finish when he and Salah broke through the midfield and had a two v two chance.
It's just nonchalant, even bordering on reckless.

Yeah, I still don't get it. Firmino had enough chances to bag himself a hattrick. .

I don't care so much about his missed chances. That's always been a problem. It's his work rate that bothers me. I expect him to work his socks off attacking space and pulling the defenders out of position. He didn't do that well enough today. He didn't press enough, he didn't show enough invention.

I don't care so much about his missed chances. That's always been a problem. It's his work rate that bothers me. I expect him to work his socks off attacking space and pulling the defenders out of position. He didn't do that well enough today. He didn't press enough, he didn't show enough invention.
We have to also realise that this is their 3rs season throwing punches way above their weight. For them to look less than what they were 2 seasons ago can be excused. I feel the owners need to realise that not Edwards recruitment but Klopp's coaching that made us where we are today,,. But they have to be fair and invest in the co and restaurant won't be the most lucrative thing ever, and that's a problem for us at a field,

Sometimes we forget two team's are playing. Full credit to Leeds, they had a go and could've easily taken at least a point.

Thought Robbo and Mo were excellent Curtis Jones continues to show promising signs... could play more than we all think this season. Has that Scouse swagger about him, fearless.

I think Leeds will do well this season, relatively speaking. 12th or higher I reckon.

Some teams will batter them (City obv will) & they may well drop off a cliff around Feb when their pressing/fitness fucks up (lockdown stopped that potential this season in the championship), but I think they'll beat a fair few sides.

They're shite. xG of 0.3 today, we gifted them three goals. That was the kick up the arse our defence needed, but the scoreline was a joke and Leeds aren't very good.

Last edited:
Does Allison actually make saves anymore? feels like every shot on target has been a goal since the restart.
My 12 year old son watched the match with me & we argued about Allison, him saying he's been shite since the restart & needs to get a grip.

He's prob not wrong tbf.

Does Allison actually make saves anymore? feels like every shot on target has been a goal since the restart.

Was thinking the same thing. We have been giving up high quality chances but still... I can’t remember the last time he bailed the defense out.

Was thinking the same thing. We have been giving up high quality chances but still... I can’t remember the last time he bailed the defense out.
Come to think of it, he did get a hand on Bamford's shot. If we had a defender behind Alisson he would have cleared it.
Same goes for Girouds goal when we played them a few months ago.. Great save by Alisson that our defence couldn't clear.

Reminded me of the Norwich match first game last season, only difference was Leeds took their chances. 3 points is all that matters at this stage of the season.

Get thiago , purely because it will put keita further from the first eleven

Eh? you're making out like Keita is hot garbage...I was watching the game and he was clearly one of the better players in the first half, got tired near the end but he definitely put a shift in. His performance actually made me think we have to try and get Thiago and keep Gini. It will be so lovely to be able to have a nice range of midfielders to rotate including the impressive Keita

Phew!
Got to say Leeds will trouble a shit load of teams this season.
Not sure we’ve ever been pressed from an entire team the way they went about it.

This year Sheff Utd or Norwich I'm not sure yet...but regardless they will entertain.

Damn that was hard work.We do like to over complicate things around the box sometimes just hit it

Yeah I always remember in the early 2000s when Arsenal went from being Invincibles to trying to be like 'Invincibeles' Brazil Style, every goal Henry and co scored had to pass some sort of spectacular filter - Let's get those ugly looking goals back on the menu lol

My 12 year old son watched the match with me & we argued about Allison, him saying he's been shite since the restart & needs to get a grip.

He's prob not wrong tbf.

He and Firmino have been shite. Hopefully they don’t go down the route of Ronaldo, Ronaldinho and co of becoming fat useless Brazilians after great success.

This was never going to be an easy game, but I was pleased to see that once we went 4-3 up, we did not try and get more goals or shit like that, it was just keep them out of our area. But the general play and attitude was very much like those games where we go a bit 'loose' and careless - like the way we played against AM in the CL last season when we thought we had qualified, and some of the games after lock-down, like against Man City - luckily we got away with it today.

Klopp needs to tell those players to keep it a bit tighter and get more control like much of the first half of last season, not to start believing their own hype, we won the league not primarily because we have the best 11, but because we worked fucking hard in each game and for like 95% of all games were never careless or arrogant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom