• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Chelsea UEFA Super Cup - Pre Match

Status
Not open for further replies.

binomial

In Klopp I'm a believer.
Istanbul here we come....We all know what happened last time we came here in a cup final.

Really want us to win this one & not just because it's those plastic rent boys.

Once again don't see any of the kids travelling to be involved and Klopp will go pretty strong.

Adrian Trent Matip Van Dijk Robertson Fabinho Ox Keita Mane Salah Firmino

This cup is on our “Champions Wall” so keen to win! Would give Naby/Ox a go in this but the rest as per Norwich. Chelsea with 2 days less rest is ideal.

Excellent point. We went feckin 7 years without winning anything. Winning another trophy even a minor one is important

I’d play Gomez again and then Matip against Soton.
Nonsense

Stability and experience in Defense required, given we have reserve goalkeeper in who has had very little time to understand the system we play..

I would play VVD and Matip at the back for every game till Allison is back

Gomez needs to start this one. If the shit from continues, he needs dropping for the Southampton game. The midfield should be rotated given the options we have

If we can't beat this lot Wednesday then I'm resigned to us not winning anything this season.

We'll do what we usually do.
Make them look world class and get a narrow win.

Yeah well I have a feeling that Kante and Willian are going to be involved in this game so we'll be playing a more difficult team.
Still, their CB pair were horrendous.

Kante's head was up his hole today, hopefully it'll stay there for the rest of the week.

TBF they were gash today and anything other than a straightforward win would be crap at this moment

They'll rebound - obviously - and have Kante & Willian starting ... so it will be tougher.
And isn't Klopp like 1-0-100 in finals? :)

They'll rebound - obviously - and have Kante & Willian starting ... so it will be tougher.
And isn't Klopp like 1-0-100 in finals? :)

Sorry LTW, can’t see it. Chel$ki are really going to suffer this season

The way I see this this is more wider picture. We should beat Chelsea relatively easily but I’m not arsed if, in these early games, they win in a game with 0 PL points. The first few games are notoriously random.

What I know is Chelsea and the Scum are going to really struggle to keep the top six a closed group. Spurs have a more than decent squad and the Arse have enough to round out the top 4.

I expect us to win on Wednesday but I won’t be cracking the champagne if we do nor lamenting if we don’t

I'm more invested into this one than the Community Shield. Chelsea are also probably my most hated club (although this Citeh team is fast catching up) so this would be a timely reminder to them about true European royalty.

Yeah same. This is a much bigger game than the charity shield. It's weird that these two European finals have been against English sides, sides we should beat, but that doesn't diminish their status at all. This obviously isn't as important as a big European trophy, but it's a big game that I watch every year no matter who is in it, while I barely reach for the remote for the charity shield

We also have 48 hours rest over them which should play massively to our advantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom