• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool v Arsenal - Match Thread - Carobao Cup Fourth Round

Status
Not open for further replies.
The game is finely balanced. Klopp will be disappointed with our high press - in theory Jota, Minamino and Salah should be good at it, but it’s not need working as intended, despite no lack of effort. I’m liking Wilson at LCM, he has a playmaker’s vision and his passes are always crisp.

This midfield is exactly as unconvincing as it looked on paper.

Very strong team FFF has put out!
Yeah we have no presence in midfield.

I am still more excited about Harvey Elliots potential than Curtis Jones but also think he's a central midfielder and not right-sided. I think Jürgen has been putting him out right to protect him a bit. I know he's still 7 months shy of 18 but he's got the physique now to play CM and I'd love to see Jürgen throw him in the middle to see how he does.

...........................Grujic................ ...............Elliot..............Jones........
Salah...............Minamino...............Jota

Yeah we have no presence in midfield.

I am still more excited about Harvey Elliots potential than Curtis Jones but also think he's a central midfielder and not right-sided. I think Jürgen has been putting him out right to protect him a bit. I know he's still 7 months shy of 18 but he's got the physique now to play CM and I'd love to see Jürgen throw him in the middle to see how he does.

...........................Grujic...............
Elliot..............Jones........
Salah...............Minamino...............Jota
Ha, my post makes it look like Elliot is playing right-sided again......but I want Grujic playing DM and Elliot & Jones playing fairly central behind the front 3.

Disappointed by Minamino so far. The disjointed team performance is predictable, but we can certainly do better than this.

Terrible game.

The game is finely balanced. Klopp will be disappointed with our high press - in theory Jota, Minamino and Salah should be good at it, but it’s not need working as intended, despite no lack of effort. I’m liking Wilson at LCM, he has a playmaker’s vision and his passes are always crisp.
I don't agree Rurik, he's rather insignificant and the play passes him by. I'd swap him for Elliot.

Gotta say, Rhys is doing a pretty good Van Dijk impression. Might start calling him Little Dijk.

Adrian can't kick the ball with any accuracy

The midfield is turgid and Salah has been a ghost

Grim stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom