• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Liverpool City Post Match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gini was fantastic throughout yesterday. I read a description somewhere that he looked like a "prime Seedorf".

His ball retention was fantastic throughout and it's crucial when you're playing City, to have the ability to drive through their midfield quickly with the ball (as they do love a tactical foul).

c837a66877c69559ea59ef7243833035.jpg

Please can I have some of what they’re smoking over there, it’ll probably help me sleep better... or not.

Gini's ball retention is absolutely top draw . Two world class players can press him and he will just megs one and sprint past the other like he's playing against a kids team.

De bruyne couldn't do shit without fab and Gini breathing down his neck , I think it's largely why sterling stayed so wide , as the same happened to him when he cut inside.

I don't think Gini and Henderson are necessarily the answer for all teams but any side that wants to try and play football and have possession generally gets out ran ,out muscled and finessed by the triumvirate in midfield

Henderson clearly gets more freedom to get forwards / our pressing game allows for him to overlap which allows him to demonstrate that he's actually technically capable

Milner and ox, in my opinion almost hampered our game yesterday In Conjunction with the formation change but nevertheless to have that sort of quality on the bench , keita too(sigh) it's a world away from our bench options in my life time.

Someone said to me earlier he thinks we're two or free world class players and retaining the current squad away from a period of dominance in Europe and the league , I scoffed but I don't actually think it's wide of the mark

Neville nailed it on sky , this team and club winning the premier League would take the team and club to Utd dominant levels in terms of brand , player appeal , audience reach etc

I meant to come on here last night just to say Poor The Dreamy. From reading the early pages of this thread, I assume he's been his usual self.

Yesterday, the boys were really just after the win.

There was no moment of selfishness between Salah and Mane. They were both just playing for the win, and combining much earlier, whenever they had the chance.

Lately, I've sensed they were always looking for Bobby (who will always return the ball) and not each other. And when they did pass to each other, it was either slightly delayed (where they thought about it for half a second) or it was the typical "Trezeguet pass" where you could put someone clean through on goal, but instead you pass it just wide of the box so they have to square it back to you for a tap in.

It's funny, because Salah has been trying so hard to score, and the game he just relaxes and plays what he sees, is the game he's back on the scoring sheet.

I really believe his first season was us, he scored so many goals, not only because he was a new threat, but because he was relaxed and not so focused on winning the golden boot.

Like they say in boxing, the harder you go for the KO, the less chance you have of getting it.

I really hope both Salah and Mane take yesteday's selfless performance forward and continue playing for the team. If they do, we will win the league and one of them will probably be top goalscorer. And if not, and it's Vardy or even Aguero, who gives a fuck as they'll both have PL winners medals to console them (as Aguero has had over the last 2 years).

Probably a silly comparison but throughout my career it was always the cause where our selfish players would pass the ball way more against the top sides. Why? Because the top sides didn’t give them as much time or space on the ball and they often only had one or two options. Against weaker sides they had tonnes of options and loads of time and space and as a result were often selfish and tried to do it all.

I think the same can be said for Salah against City.

Salah’s goal was one of the sweetest goals in this season.

Laser guided cross field ball from Trent followed by another from Robbo straight on to Mo’s head who times his run immaculately.

It was anything but straight onto Mo’s head, it curled beautifully before bouncing delightfully off the hallowed turf up into his path as if to say, please put me away!

Been watching some of the highlights from other channels. I can't believe how Neville is still allowed to comment on our games. I know he's a Manc cunt but he's overly biased and having Tyler next to him doesn't make it better. Questioning everything Liverpool does. I mean it's an extreme difference to the commentators on NBC and BBC.
For instance Neville just ignored the fact that it hit Silva's hand first.

I find it strange that people hate Tyler and think he’s anti Liverpool. Literally every match thread on blue moon and Red Cafe hate him and think he’s a huge Liverpool fan.

I guess every fan hears what they want to.

I find it strange that people hate Tyler and think he’s anti Liverpool. Literally every match thread on blue moon and Red Cafe hate him and think he’s a huge Liverpool fan.

I guess every fan hears what they want to.
I dunno which team he supports but I just thinks he hates all the big teams.

I think the biggest takeaway from this entire week is how much we got into their heads.

First, Pep makes statements about Mane diving one week before. The bus incident is bought up in three newspapers simultaneously in the middle of the week. Without a doubt, a concerted media effort from City.

Peps antics on the sidelines. I think their club as a whole did a full Keegan this week.

As for the second goal, I am surprised at the lack of admiration towards it in the newspapers. It was an astonishing goal. Probably the best I have seen in ages.

Well, I have no idea, but i'm giving you the benefit of the doubt that you don't think this is excitement.

And that you do think this is

Tyler always sounds like he's trying to hide the disappointment in his voice when we score.

I think the biggest takeaway from this entire week is how much we got into their heads.

First, Pep makes statements about Mane diving one week before. The bus incident is bought up in three newspapers simultaneously in the middle of the week. Without a doubt, a concerted media effort from City.

Peps antics on the sidelines. I think their club as a whole did a full Keegan this week.

As for the second goal, I am surprised at the lack of admiration towards it in the newspapers. It was an astonishing goal. Probably the best I have seen in ages.
That 2nd goal was the military equivalent of multuple cruise missiles striking with precision.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom