• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Needs To Loook At Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know he scored a good goal last night and i think it was quite indicative of when he's best (doesn't have to think, hit it first time, not running through on goal banging it out for a throw in) but the main problem I've got with him it the minute is that he doesn't seem strong enough. He looks the part, but he gets muscled off everything. Again it's not something that can't be fixed, but it is another thing that leaves you wondering why we paid so much.

Thinking of that Torres goal against Chelsea for example. Ben Haim was a massive brick shithouse and Torres just shrugged him off like he was a ghost, Suarez didn't lose any physical battles ever, this dude is nowhere close. He gets shoved over and moans about it.

All that said, he's under loads of pressure in his first season and the rest of the team is bollocks... It's not what he expected either. I still think he could be a great striker but he's gonna have to work his arse off to get there.

I'm hoping he has a turning point like Drogba did. First season he was on his arse more than his feet, always gesticulating. If klopp beats out the divey part and encourages this shithouse part i think we'll be grand

I know he scored a good goal last night and i think it was quite indicative of when he's best (doesn't have to think, hit it first time, not running through on goal banging it out for a throw in) but the main problem I've got with him it the minute is that he doesn't seem strong enough. He looks the part, but he gets muscled off everything. Again it's not something that can't be fixed, but it is another thing that leaves you wondering why we paid so much.

Thinking of that Torres goal against Chelsea for example. Ben Haim was a massive brick shithouse and Torres just shrugged him off like he was a ghost, Suarez didn't lose any physical battles ever, this dude is nowhere close. He gets shoved over and moans about it.

All that said, he's under loads of pressure in his first season and the rest of the team is bollocks... It's not what he expected either. I still think he could be a great striker but he's gonna have to work his arse off to get there.

Suarez is an all time great at drawing fouls when challenged by the defender. I don't think he ever received a red card when he was with us. If he was ever physically cornered or over powered, he would immediately pull out a nutmeg or dribble and draw a heavy body check or tackle and sell it to the referee.

It certainly feels like a case of wrong player / wrong time with Nunez. The raw materials are there but he's getting a rough ride due to the state we're in and a 65M project was surely a luxury for us. Now we just have to hope it pays off in the long run.

As said by others, thing I like about him as that he doesn't seem to give up. To paraphrase Klopp - he's trying to push the bus.

Add the money for Gakpo, a vanity signing imo, and that is 100 mill right there for someone who is the finished article rather than a big project.

The owners will be fuming.
Turns out its a non-issue. Klopp looks to be NY Yankees fans

This is from 2018
PAY-Excl-Jurgen-Klopp-Holiday.jpg

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/liverpool-klopp-germany-world-cup-12805127

Add the money for Gakpo, a vanity signing imo, and that is 100 mill right there for someone who is the finished article rather than a big project.

The Gakpo signing doesn't really make sense when you consider we have 2/3 left sided, relatively recent signings already in Diaz, Nunez and Jota, unless we're assuming that we can't rely on Jota and Diaz ever being fit.

The Gakpo signing doesn't really make sense when you consider we have 2/3 left sided, relatively recent signings already in Diaz, Nunez and Jota, unless we're assuming that we can't rely on Jota and Diaz ever being fit.
Or that Jota or Diaz might play on the right at times or that Gakpo will play upfront. He needs to build some muscle. Could be a Van Persie...

Suarez is an all time great at drawing fouls when challenged by the defender. I don't think he ever received a red card when he was with us. If he was ever physically cornered or over powered, he would immediately pull out a nutmeg or dribble and draw a heavy body check or tackle and sell it to the referee.

Or bite someone and get a 20 match ban instead..

The title is clickbait and the writer goes on to contradict it himself when he says later on that it isn't a case of the players not listening to Klopp any more. He goes on to talk about "growing evidence" that Lopategui will lead Wolves out of trouble, but I know two or three Wolves fans and they certainly think the jury's still out on him. There's a fair amount in the article that's probably right, but also pretty obvious. Not majorly impressed TBH.

The title is clickbait and the writer goes on to contradict it himself when he says later on that it isn't a case of the players not listening to Klopp any more. He goes on to talk about "growing evidence" that Lopategui will lead Wolves out of trouble, but I know two or three Wolves fans and they certainly think the jury's still out on him. There's a fair amount in the article that's probably right, but also pretty obvious. Not majorly impressed TBH.

He says they are listening, but do not have the ability to execute anymore.
Is that not a fair analysis, clickbait and tory owners notwithstanding?

Titles are always a mess though, as editors have to earn their corn and ramp up the sensationalism.

This is the worrying stat and what we have to improve. Its not just about running less than our opponents. We are the worst team in the league at winning tackles/duels etc.

[xtable=border:1]
{tbody}
{tr}
{td}Lag{/td}
{td}Suksessrate{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Liverpool{/td}
{td}47,5%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Bournemouth{/td}
{td}48,4%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Manchester United{/td}
{td}48,6%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Wolverhampton{/td}
{td}49,0%{/td}
{/tr}
{tr}
{td}Leicester{/td}
{td}49,0%{/td}
{/tr}
{/tbody}
[/xtable]

It seems Lijnders is about to be replaced as the number one scapegoat and root of all evil. This time by an old favourite in the role ... apparently Achterburg is about to publish a book

"Like a glove", by John Achterburg

How many credits does he have left in the bank? Asking for a friend?

I'm happy with him seeing out this contract, TBH. He deserves to leave on his own terms. The principle of FSG sacking Klopp doesn't sit right with me at all. They owe him everything.

There does need to be some tough questions and introspection, though, and some ruthless moves by Klopp this summer would be welcomed. If Klopp can't handle it then we need to empower any new sporting director to cut the out and bring in some fresh blood.

"I don’t understand. I do not understand,” the German said. “People told me about this discussion, but the last thing that would have crossed my mind is that we have to [sign a midfielder].

“I know all these things, that we don’t score enough goals from midfield, this and that, but what do we want? This ‘Golden Cow’ that is producing absolutely everything, milk as well!

“We can go through it. Where do you want to start? So, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

“Now you tell me what kind of player are we missing? One who is offensive, 1.95m and arrives into the box to head balls in? OK, apart from that!

"We have three players in the squad who can easily play as a number six - Fabinho, of course, but Hendo and Milly played it fine. Creativity? If we bring in a player just for that, we immediately make it more difficult for Harvey, Curtis and Fabio. They can all play different positions as well of course, Curtis can play a line higher and Harvey and Fabio can play there too. Fine.

“We can play a different system as well, where we might only need two midfielders, but then all these guys can play as a number 10 in the new system. So where is the need for a midfielder? The day when somebody comes to me and tells me why exactly"

His words at the start of the season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom