• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Needs To Loook At Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh, if we lose but play well I'm ok with it, because you can at least see progression. We've deserved to lose most weeks but somehow fluked a win to paper over cracks.

I do wonder whether he's able to pull it back
Think about how he sets up his team and move away from 4-3-3. It’s not working yet he continues with it.

I'm happy with him seeing out this contract, TBH. He deserves to leave on his own terms. The principle of FSG sacking Klopp doesn't sit right with me at all. They owe him everything.

There does need to be some tough questions and introspection, though, and some ruthless moves by Klopp this summer would be welcomed.
He needs to be ruthless. He needed to be ruthless since winning the league.

2 of the starting 3 midfielders should be bench players right now.

Did you see Thiago running back in that second half, blowing out of his arse, unable to keep up with the game?

Poor guy. Just not suited for the PL right now. Certainly not in a midfield 3 with the likes of Hendo and Fab beside him.

"I don’t understand. I do not understand,” the German said. “People told me about this discussion, but the last thing that would have crossed my mind is that we have to [sign a midfielder].

“I know all these things, that we don’t score enough goals from midfield, this and that, but what do we want? This ‘Golden Cow’ that is producing absolutely everything, milk as well!

“We can go through it. Where do you want to start? So, Fabinho, Henderson, Thiago, Milner, Keita, Curtis Jones, Harvey Elliott, Fabio Carvalho, Oxlade-Chamberlain.

“Now you tell me what kind of player are we missing? One who is offensive, 1.95m and arrives into the box to head balls in? OK, apart from that!

"We have three players in the squad who can easily play as a number six - Fabinho, of course, but Hendo and Milly played it fine. Creativity? If we bring in a player just for that, we immediately make it more difficult for Harvey, Curtis and Fabio. They can all play different positions as well of course, Curtis can play a line higher and Harvey and Fabio can play there too. Fine.

“We can play a different system as well, where we might only need two midfielders, but then all these guys can play as a number 10 in the new system. So where is the need for a midfielder? The day when somebody comes to me and tells me why exactly"

His words at the start of the season.
Bar Milly, there is a strong case to bin each and every single one of the other 8 players based on their performances this season.

How many credits does he have left in the bank? Asking for a friend?

No way FSG let him go while searching for a buyer. He's a large part of the brand and appeal at present, although the shine is diminishing week by week.

But tough questions need to start to be asked. About the managing, the recruitment, the vision, and just about everything else top to bottom.

I don't believe Klopp would be blindly loyal to undeserving players in the way some have been alleging. I just don't. It's impossible to square that idea with the guy's stellar record at LFC. My bet is that the "loyalty" in question has arisen because financial constraints have faced him with a rotten choice: either stick with what we've got in order to save enough money to sign genuine top quality OR bring in a greater number of lesser players (as some are still, unbelievably, suggesting we should have - remember the barren years under GH and Rafa when that was exactly what we were doing?), who in all likelihood would be no better than those they'd replace. Our avalanche of injuries - including Pickford's GBH on Virgil whose effects we're still seeing IMO - haven't helped either.

None of us are at our best when a whole number of difficult circumstances occur at the same time. That's the position Klopp's in and has been in for a while now. He needs to reexamine what he's doing and how he's going about it, but so do the owners. Their financial model's been great, but it does not suit current circs.any more.

I don't believe Klopp would be blindly loyal to undeserving players in the way some have been alleging. I just don't. It's impossible to square that idea with the guy's stellar record at LFC. My bet is that the "loyalty" in question has arisen because financial constraints have faced him with a rotten choice: either stick with what we've got in order to save enough money to sign genuine top quality OR bring in a greater number of lesser players (as some are still, unbelievably, suggesting we should have - remember the barren years under GH and Rafa when that was exactly what we were doing?), who in all likelihood would be no better than those they'd replace. Our avalanche of injuries - including Pickford's GBH on Virgil whose effects we're still seeing IMO - haven't helped either.

None of us are at our best when a whole number of difficult circumstances occur at the same time. That's the position Klopp's in and has been in for a while now. He needs to reexamine what he's doing and how he's going about it, but so do the owners. Their financial model's been great, but it does not suit current circs.any more.

I've no doubt that FSG have placed financial constraints that meant some very difficult decisions had to be made. But whatever those decisions were, we got them wrong.

We are losing week in, week out to some of these so called lesser players. There have been a lot of good buys that we could've gone for in recent years - we just haven't for whatever reason.

I'd love to know why Edwards, Ward and the rest of them decided to leave. There is something clearly very wrong behind the scenes. The club, the team have been drifting over the last couple years, carried by Klopp and what remains of his squad.

That's over now.

All we can hope for now is that in the summer there is those responsible get their shit together, make some good hires, free up some cash and start to get things right again.

As simplistic as it sounds, it's seemed very much a "job done" attitude at most levels since we won the league. I'm not levelling that at Klopp, but there was a significant tail-off in performance and we haven't spent close to how champions and recent European champions were expected or predicted to spend.

Last edited:
If he doesn’t rip out that clapped out midfield, he’ll not have learned anything and the club will continue hurtling towards the bottom.

And replace it with what, though? If we don't bring in a midfielder this window, what should he do with the squad we have? If we bring in one midfielder this window, who is that (realistically) and - still - what does he do with our squad.

He needs to do something. Inarguably. But what?

I've no doubt that FSG have placed financial constraints that meant some very difficult decisions had to be made. But whatever those decisions were, we got them wrong.

We are losing week in, week out to some of these so called lesser players. There have been a lot of good buys that we could've gone for in recent years - we just haven't for whatever reason.

I'd love to know why Edwards, Ward and the rest of them decided to leave. There is something clearly very wrong behind the scenes. The club, the team have been drifting over the last couple years, carried by Klopp and what remains of his squad.

That's over now.

All we can hope for now is that in the summer there is those responsible get their shit together, make some good hires, free up some cash and start to get things right again.

Depends how one defines "good buys". There were other good defenders around when, after a number of dodgy performances, this board was alive with suggestions that we should abandon our pursuit of Virgil and go for one or two of them instead, and yes, they were all lesser players than he. If we'd done that I doubt very much that we'd have won what we've won since we signed him, far more than we ever did when we went for quantity over top quality before Klopp arrived and put an end to that approach. We're in a similar position now over Bellingham, for a similar reason. To be good enough to make a positive difference to LFC's first team, possible second or third choice signings will still command fees high enough to make it impossible to sign our no.1 choice as well, at least while our pursestrings stay as tight as they currently are. A bigger transfer wedge would still need to be used well (as the blueslime have found out to their cost) but without it nothing will change.

And replace it with what, though? If we don't bring in a midfielder this window, what should he do with the squad we have? If we bring in one midfielder this window, who is that (realistically) and - still - what does he do with our squad.

Start with a formation change and less aggressive style if play .
Protect our defense and midfield.
That would show he understands how poor his 3 primary midfielders are.

Really? Henderson, Fabinho and Tiago as a starting three can’t be improved upon? I’d bench at least one of them for a younger player— we gave them m. We’d probably still lose but we’re losing close to every week anyway.

I don't expect him to walk. He deserves every chance to put it right, and anyway I don't see an alternative manager waiting that is clearly perfect.

Maybe he needs one ruthless summer to fix everything but it's going to be a boring few months if so

I felt sorry for him today in the post match - he was finding it hard to get the words out of his mouth the way he was speaking, but he is right in his assessment of this game - it was terrible - the worse game I have ever seen from an LFC team period. They were lifeless all through that game, and again its the lack of a midfield that can compete against the more energetic opposition that is killing us. Surely he knows we need someone to come in and rescue our season, if we play like that against ANY PL team we will lose regardless of who we have on the pitch. I honestly don't know what you can do with the current squad to improve the situation, the midfield just cannot link up with our attack in an effective way - just does not work anymore. Klopp is fucked this season.

People are moaning at Klopp for not dropping Thiago, Fabs and Hendo like who are the alternatives? 2 midgets who look like they've escaped willy wonkas chocolate factory?
The fact remains we need a MF at least, we need the cunt Melo gone, because he will only get injured again.
Get the Check book out you fucking tight arse lizards, and get us two MFs. Danilo, you cunts is going to Forest, hijack that shit.
I really don't give a fuck about summer and your fucking imaginary war chest, we need signings now

I don't expect him to walk. He deserves every chance to put it right, and anyway I don't see an alternative manager waiting that is clearly perfect.

Maybe he needs one ruthless summer to fix everything but it's going to be a boring few months if so

Nobody has to get defensive when we say Klopp's cocked this up in the summer, because nobody is saying he's got to go, or go now. Absolutely no one is unaware that he's built a title winning team to lead us out of the wilderness and has credit in the bank, but all we can do is- and it should be ok to- state plainly our observations, be it praise or criticism, and hope he manages to stop the rot before it fully sinks in.

The job facing him now- phasing out his loyal lieutenants to build a new title winning team- is a challenge he's not met yet with either Dortmund or us. If he succeeds, fantastic. If he proves incapable, no big deal. He's still a fucking legend. When the time comes, we've had thirty years of fairly recent practice recognising the signs of resignation and disappointment from before he came along, though of course it doesn't make any decision any easier. But for fucks sake, if it's time, let's not draw it out as we did towards to end of Houllier, Kenny and Rodgers' reign and have him spend months on end as a dead man walking before a subdued goodbye. Make a clinical choice, and send him off with a roar. He deserves nothing less.

Really? Henderson, Fabinho and Tiago as a starting three can’t be improved upon? I’d bench at least one of them for a younger player— we gave them m. We’d probably still lose but we’re losing close to every week anyway.

Not saying they can't be improved on. It was a genuine question: how should we set up, given our current squad (or current plus one midfielder)?

Signing one midfielder, even if it’s prime Kante, will not be enough to bring back the swashbuckling 4-3-3 pressing monsters of old - because there are 9 more outfield players on the pitch and almost all of them are showing massive drop-offs in energy this season.

However, signing one energetic, athletic and positionally intelligent midfielder coupled with a switch to a more controlled style of play, could make our midfield much more solid and the team overall more balanced. This is bad, but shouldn’t be unsolvable.

Last edited:
However, signing one energetic, athletic and positionally intelligent midfielder coupled with a switch to a more controlled style of play, could make our midfield much more solid and the team overall more balanced.

In other words, the mythical "right" midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom