• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Needs To Loook At Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Big chances missed in the league this season

Nunez 17
Salah 13

Top 2 in the league play for LFC.

That’s the reason we are where we are.
If you put aside that we quite often concede in the first 10 minutes of nearly every game and then play against very low block ..yeah you could have a point.

Can I just ask, given we have so much possession, most of it can be put down to poor build up play, and tactics. You see Man City chances are clear cut lately, all front of goal coz they play through the lines or put in decent crosses. The chances our boys have been getting are yes probably very good according to all that X factor bollox, but still those chances have mainly been by the sides or one on one's.

I mean that's half of it DreamersBelivers.

We haven't managed to keep a clean sheet in the league since October 19th.....8 games ago.

You expect us to score 4 to beat fucking Brentford? 3 to beat fucking Leeds? 3 to beat fucking Fulham?
When we take the lead we often do. We aren’t taking the lead because we are missing big big chances.
Teams roll over more often than not when conceding first against the big teams.

Scoring gives you belief and relaxes you. We seem on constant edge and it’s worse when we miss.

When we take the lead we often do. We aren’t taking the lead because we are missing big big chances.
Teams roll over more often than not when conceding first against the big teams.
And how many times this season have we taken the lead Dreamers?

We concede very early on in a lot of games before we even get going so saying we don't take the lead because we miss big chances is bollocks.

And how many times this season have we taken the lead Dreamers?

We concede very early on in a lot of games before we even get going so saying we don't take the lead because we miss big chances is bollocks.
How many times do we have a big miss before going behind? I’m guessing it’s too often.

How many times do we have a big miss before going behind? I’m guessing it’s too often.
Nope.

Brentford probably 1 of very few, even then is it a big miss from Nunez or does the defender just do very well getting back on the line?

And I would agree, just right place right time from the defender.

Now what about when we conceded in the first 60 seconds at the Emirates? or the first 5 minutes against Brighton? What chances did we have before then.

And I would agree, just right place right time from the defender.

Now what about when we conceded in the first 60 seconds at the Emirates? or the first 5 minutes against Brighton? What chances did we have before then.
Not sure. Maybe the answer is here.

First one is an improvised finish, keeper makes himself big. Good stop. (more of a half chance)
Second one is a big chance but it's a hard finish given the angle and has to take it first time on the volley
Third one is a mix of bad luck and poor finishing, execution was off but sometimes goals end up in the net from scrappy finishes...hits post, another day it scrambles in.
Fourth one isn't even a chance, what's he supposed to do there with 2 defenders on him?
Fifth one is a shocker, no defending that.
Sixth one is a hit and hope, not really a chance there.
Seventh one is funny bad, not sure how you miss that 1.
Eighth one is a very good stop, keeper rushes out to him.
Ninth one is a world class save.
Tenth one was at the World Cup, who gives a shit.
Eleventh was also at the world cup and was a sublime clearance off the line.
Twelth should be doing better with.
Thirteenth should be doing better with.
Fourteenth should be doing better with.
Fifthteeth he had no right to score from & did well to even make a chance of that (hoofed ball down the middle)
Sixteenth is another instinctive save.
Seventeenth should be doing better with.
Eighteenth lovely execution, purely unlucky....ended up getting the OG from it straight after.
Nineteenth was wild but again it's not even a half chance given the angle and there's a defender right on him
Twentieth was a very bad miss
Twenty First did everything right, defender right place right time to block it off the line

Think that's all of them lol.

Tifo Football did a good explainer on our issues :

Basically :
- loss of intensity in forward pressing giving opponents time to build attacks
- Disconnect between defence/midfield & forward line leaving too much space for opponents to work in
- Trent getting targeted and being left exposed by the above
- tweak to tactics with Salah staying wide and Trent coming inside
- injuries affecting consistency
- end of a cycle with to many players outside the prime years window and new players coming into the team

Much was made of how Mane led our press and replacing him isn’t easy.

Mention of drop in expected goals - not mention of finishing, but it’s clearly a factor if our main goals scorers are either injured or missing chance after chance.

I think, if you factor in the shortened pre-season and the break for the WC, then you start to get an overall picture of the utter shitshow we’re experiencing.

EK-IqZ1XYAEc3Dj.jpg

We sold him and went to shit. Belgium dropped him and were on the first flight home. No-one ever learns.

My favourite bit is when he always puts his hands to his face wearing a wide grin after each miss, like he can't believe the ball's hit the post again.

Yet conveniently ignores the fact many of those shots were air or mishit shots.

Classic denial and blame-shifting.

It's usually a sign of nervousness and the pressure to perform to the crowd every single time he steps on the pitch. I've said it before and i'll say it again. Nunez's biggest weakness is himself. I reckon his issues are more psychological than tactical. Also, i think once he's able to pick up a decent command of English, his confidence will improve, and hopefully his composure on the pitch too, esp. in front of large crowds.

He has to learn how to believe in his own abilities and ignore all the noise and the pressure to perform for people. Then we'll see the real Nunez. He's there inside somewhere, just need loads and loads of hugs from Klopp to coax him out of himself.

Tifo Football did a good explainer on our issues :

Basically :
- loss of intensity in forward pressing giving opponents time to build attacks
- Disconnect between defence/midfield & forward line leaving too much space for opponents to work in
- Trent getting targeted and being left exposed by the above
- tweak to tactics with Salah staying wide and Trent coming inside
- injuries affecting consistency
- end of a cycle with to many players outside the prime years window and new players coming into the team

Much was made of how Mane led our press and replacing him isn’t easy.

Mention of drop in expected goals - not mention of finishing, but it’s clearly a factor if our main goals scorers are either injured or missing chance after chance.

I think, if you factor in the shortened pre-season and the break for the WC, then you start to get an overall picture of the utter shitshow we’re experiencing.

so nothing we don't already know.

we just need to strike the lottery and get a windfall of money so we can buy new players ! Its really that simple.

(except winning the lottery obviously)

so nothing we don't already know.

we just need to strike the lottery and get a windfall of money so we can buy new players ! Its really that simple.

(except winning the lottery obviously)

Well it depends what you mean by a “windfall of money”?

We know that in one will increase when the new stand opens and there are other opportunities to increase revenue.

Most transfers are not “cash upfront” so, if you mean a “windfall” whereby we’ve freed up or attracted enough recurring influence post COVID lockdowns in order to pay off significant transfer expenditure and hope to supplement it by selling off more players as they come through from the investment in youth team and facilities.

To be fair - City and to a lesser extent Chelsea have moved to more sustainable models based on flipping young or fringe players more frequently.

Top strikers have a hit rate from big chances of around 25% (Haaland a force of nature this season but he isn't the benchmark for strikers' hit rates). Getting those chances often enough will lead to goals and both Nunez and Salah are going to hit 20+ this season, Mo may even hit over 30 at his current rate (Mo 16 inc. 2 pens, Nunez 9, Bobby 9).

Comparing the stats from Mo, Nunez and Bobby they have almost identical G+A per 90 mins. Mo fractionally better (2,100 mins to Nunez 1,300 and Bobby's 1,400).

If we look at the non-penalty xG+xAG then Nunez is 1.09 per 90 mins to Mo's 0.75 so Nunez is just over 1 goal behind where he should be from starts (14 to Mo's 24) but around 4 goals behind where he should be on xG alone. There's no doubt Nunez is behind where he should be but a tad more luck (fractional offsides, world class saves, goal line clearances, hits the post instead of rolling in after doing almost everything right ... and he'd be exactly where expected.

All strikers have horrendous misses, Nunez has more because he gets into those situations a lot more often due to his pace, as the list above shows it's not all down to him though. A little more composure, I get it both he and the team are nervous, and he'll be hitting (and assisting) his marks. All strikers have non-scoring runs however I absolutely expect him to get there with coaching from Klopp et al.

On a side note the Assists table makes interesting reading : Robbo 8, Mo 6, Tsimikas 5, Jota 5, Nunez 4, Firmino 4, Diaz 2, Milner 2, Alisson 1, TAA 1 in 21 starts. Our left side is overpoweringly dominant vs the right. Whatever is going on there is creating an imbalance we've not experienced for a long time.

To be fair - City and to a lesser extent Chelsea have moved to more sustainable models based on flipping young or fringe players more frequently.
Haven't UEFA just put a pin in the Chelsea/City youth policies (buying a hundred players and loaning them out immediately)?

The scary thing is in his first season with Benfica he scored only 6 times in 29 matches while fluffing countless glorious chances. Benfica supporters hated him that year... So, either he will come good miraculously or we spent a fortune on a one season wonder. Crazy gamble considering our financial predicament.

Haven't UEFA just put a pin in the Chelsea/City youth policies (buying a hundred players and loaning them out immediately)?

I’m not sure what the new rules or impact is - but City will find a way round it.

In any case, it takes ages for youths to start delivering money - City are only getting thrrr now - it’s being able to flip fringe players while their value is high that’s helped them - Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus, etc.

They’ve got a similar problem to us starting to happen though - Gundogan, de Bruyne, Mahrez, Walker all the wrong side of 30 and Stones, Laporte, Silva, Ederson & Cancelo all at least 28, with a few years left on their contract, so not likely to have them renewed.

They’ll very quickly have to start breaking up that team - they’re not going to go to shit, obviously, but equally I don’t think they’ll be “as dominant” for much longer - they’re not far behind us in having to start a new team cycle.

There’s a window for us to snap up sone good 23-24 YO’s - Gvardol, Bellingham, Caciedo, Enzo, Mac Allistar, Rice, etc (not all obviously) and add that to TAA, Konate, Diaz, Gakpo & Nunez.

There’s a chance…. That’s all I need…

I’m not sure what the new rules or impact is - but City will find a way round it.

In any case, it takes ages for youths to start delivering money - City are only getting thrrr now - it’s being able to flip fringe players while their value is high that’s helped them - Zinchenko, Sterling, Jesus, etc.

They’ve got a similar problem to us starting to happen though - Gundogan, de Bruyne, Mahrez, Walker all the wrong side of 30 and Stones, Laporte, Silva, Ederson & Cancelo all at least 28, with a few years left on their contract, so not likely to have them renewed.

They’ll very quickly have to start breaking up that team - they’re not going to go to shit, obviously, but equally I don’t think they’ll be “as dominant” for much longer - they’re not far behind us in having to start a new team cycle.

There’s a window for us to snap up sone good 23-24 YO’s - Gvardol, Bellingham, Caciedo, Enzo, Mac Allistar, Rice, etc (not all obviously) and add that to TAA, Konate, Diaz, Gakpo & Nunez.

There’s a chance…. That’s all I need…
The first three you mentioned are 20 yo or younger !

Can't wait for De Bruyne to fuck off. I've just been looking at PL stats for the season so far - he leads in so many metrics it's unreal.

I think we can see, despite Haaland, that City aren't as dominant this season. However I still believe the WC, with the PL's short break from the previous long last season, has impacted certain teams more and City and Liverpool (obviously other factors too in our case, such as the raft of injuries) are to the fore. Arsenal, Newcastle and even United to an extent, plus mid-table clubs, the beneficiaries. Next season should be a more even playing field in that regard.

Well it depends what you mean by a “windfall of money”?

We know that in one will increase when the new stand opens and there are other opportunities to increase revenue.

Most transfers are not “cash upfront” so, if you mean a “windfall” whereby we’ve freed up or attracted enough recurring influence post COVID lockdowns in order to pay off significant transfer expenditure and hope to supplement it by selling off more players as they come through from the investment in youth team and facilities.

Monday 3.49pm. I log into our online bank account to wire the monthly installment owed to Benfica for our Nunez. Almost fell off my chair. To my surprise, a mysterious person had banked in some money and we're now £200M richer.

"Windfall of money".

It took our last Uruguayan star striker a while to start scoring too. What followed was well worth waiting for. I reckon Nunez will follow suit, and it may be significant that most pundits - by no means all of whom like us as a rule - are backing him to come good.

It took our last Uruguayan star striker a while to start scoring too. What followed was well worth waiting for. I reckon Nunez will follow suit, and it may be significant that most pundits - by no means all of whom like us as a rule - are backing him to come good.
Yeah I've noticed that too.

Monday 3.49pm. I log into our online bank account to wire the monthly installment owed to Benfica for our Nunez. Almost fell off my chair. To my surprise, a mysterious person had banked in some money and we're now £200M richer.

"Windfall of money".

Finally… I was wondering when Barca would get round to wiring us the money they owe plus interest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom