• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Klopp Needs To Loook At Himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I was not being precise enough, but players who are getting on rather. Firmino, Hendo.
Others like Ox, Keita.

But the point remains, how and when can it be done and done well?
I think it’s once they get into their late 20s and would expect a massive contract renewal. Having a real plan would help. One out - one in would be my approach. If Bobby went in 2019, we bring in his replacement in 2018 (or even winter 2019), rinse and repeat so on. It that lack of planning which is hurting us now. Had we taken that approach with Keita and Henderson we wouldn’t be going bat shit crazy right now.

Konate was pushed in the back (which is a foul and should be penalised, end of story) and a player of his size running at speed is going to make a splash going over when that happens. No point in us fans criticising referees for inconsistency when we ourselves pick and choose when or when not to bother with the rules,

Behave. Never a foul. We were dreadful and should've lost about 6-1. Embarrassing from Klopp even flagging it up.

Behave. Never a foul. We were dreadful and should've lost about 6-1. Embarrassing from Klopp even flagging it up.
Klopp's comments about Brentford maximising their physicality and getting away with a number of fouls on corners certainly raised an eyebrow.

Thought we were just piss poor trying to defend any ball into the box, no one reacted until the ball ended up in the back of the net.

Follow your own advice. It was a foul all day long. It's true we were dreadful and I happen to agree that it would have been better for Klopp not to mention it, but none of that changes the fact - and it is a fact - that Konate was pushed in the back.

Follow your own advice. It was a foul all day long. It's true we were dreadful and I happen to agree that it would have been better for Klopp not to mention it, but none of that changes the fact - and it is a fact - that Konate was pushed in the back.

I find it extremely weird that just because we deserved to lose it cant be a foul on Konate. Its obviously a push in the back and its given 9/10 times. Just not from Atwell.

I find it extremely weird that just because we deserved to lose it cant be a foul on Konate. Its obviously a push in the back and its given 9/10 times. Just not from Atwell.

Not just Atwell though. VAR reviewed it and didn't think it was worth overturning or askign Atwell to look. Konate got done, and saw an opportunity to try and claim a foul.

I really don't think it was. Us being awful is the primary issue. Us conceding a third (when not looking like scoring ourselves) is secondary. Klopps just trying to find an excuse

He uses his shoulder to give him a little nudge and ease him of the ball he never had under control anyway....in their rules, it's not clear enough for VAR to overrule it.

Wouldn't say it gets given 9/10 times and I certainly don't see it being an obvious foul....It's a contact sport still.

Should've done better.

Klopp of course is going to come to the defence of his player and say it was but even he'll know after watching it back it was poor defending.

Yes, I was not being precise enough, but players who are getting on rather. Firmino, Hendo.
Others like Ox, Keita.

But the point remains, how and when can it be done and done well?
I thought we were offered 20 mil for Firmino in the summer and 20 mil for Ox a couple summers ago. Its definitely been more possible than we have made it seem...

It didn't think it was a foul either FWIW. Konate had to do better and either clear it or be stronger to any contact. He's going to have to get back to his best quickly to reduce the impact of the VVD injury. It's been tough year mentally for him coming runners up in the PL, CL and WC, but he's got everything in his locker to become one of the greats.

Not just Atwell though. VAR reviewed it and didn't think it was worth overturning or askign Atwell to look. Konate got done, and saw an opportunity to try and claim a foul.

I really don't think it was. Us being awful is the primary issue. Us conceding a third (when not looking like scoring ourselves) is secondary. Klopps just trying to find an excuse

VAR wont overturn that and it wouldnt have the other way either.

The "contact sport" argument is a copout. "Uses his shoulder to give him a little nudge" = foul. The only way it wouldn't be a foul is if the push were accidental. It wasn't. I respect the contrary views here but I can't understand them.

In your eyes it's a foul and it is a contact sport thus meaning a foul is given based on the force of the push/lean/barge/pull.

Soft fouls are always 50/50, they can go for you or against you. To say it should've been definitely ruled out is wrong.

No idea what an "accidental push" is but that too would be subjective based on the ref on the day,

The rules of football say absolutely nothing whatsoever about "the force of the push/lean/barge/pull". That's why talk of "soft fouls" is garbage and always has been. If a player deliberately pushes another player that's a foul and requires the award of a free kick, period. If a player trips or stumbles and in doing so bumps into another player and pushes him accidentally, as I read the rules (and I used to ref as well as play when I was at college) that wouldn't be a foul. All decisions are "subjective based on the ref on the day" but the rules set out the limits within which he has to operate.

The biggest downside of Liverpool having a poor run of form, is that it moves the loonometer for this site massively to the right.

This is driven by two factors:

1) The resident loons increase their normal post rate by about 10x.
2) Otherwise "reasonable" posters start posting loony crap.

The LFC resurgence is eagerly anticipated, if only to restore some level of sanity to SCM
I guess you're talking about @Hansern and @StevieM? I'm with you on the latter

Jurgen Klopp on people questioning his future at the club:-

"This is a human reflex, completely normal. It doesn't bother me at all. When times are good, we're always inflated. In bad times there's a lot to be said. I can handle that with ease. No problem!"
_________

Jurgen Klopp on his future:-

“If I end the contract in Liverpool, then nothing will definitely be done for a year. "It's not completely out of the question that I'll be the [Germany] national coach at some point. But it has to fit. And so far it hasn't. I certainly will [return to Germany] to live, but I don’t know if I will be there as a coach. The day will come when I say, ‘thanks, it was a pleasure.’
“It’s very, very unlikely that I will still be sitting on the bench when I am 60. And, if at the end of my career I only got to coach Mainz, Dortmund and Liverpool, then it will certainly have been three fantastic clubs.”

It didn't think it was a foul either FWIW. Konate had to do better and either clear it or be stronger to any contact. He's going to have to get back to his best quickly to reduce the impact of the VVD injury. It's been tough year mentally for him coming runners up in the PL, CL and WC, but he's got everything in his locker to become one of the greats.
Yep, just whack it into touch, like how Carragher would have done it. He should learn from it, I hope.

Big chances missed in the league this season

Nunez 17
Salah 13

Top 2 in the league play for LFC.

That’s the reason we are where we are.

Nunez 17
Salah 13

I mean that's half of it DreamersBelivers.

We haven't managed to keep a clean sheet in the league since October 19th.....8 games ago.

You expect us to score 4 to beat fucking Brentford? 3 to beat fucking Leeds? 3 to beat fucking Fulham?

Nunez 17
Salah 13

Yep. I mean, we've looked poor overall but if a few of those big chances go in, it would go a long way toward pampering over the cracks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom