• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Kelly’s Heroes 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
We wouldn't have it any other way.

The day you share our optimism (or the day DB wants to join, whichever comes first) will be the day Kelly's Heroes/Dumbledore's Army/This is Our Year crew dies a death.
Dreamy wants to join!

In all seriousness, it's a very weak premier league. City have just walked it with just a few points more than they got last season and without a recognised striker for most of the season.

United are shite.

Chelsea's top scorer was Jorginho with 7 pens.

Our C team finished 3rd after our worst home run in history.

However, there will be some big moves made this summer. Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Sancho etc all look like they could move on. The thing is, we look like FSG will have us scrounging again.

We need a clearout, a couple of centre backs, a couple of midfielders, and an attacker or two. Can't see FSG doing all that business.

Shame, because we could quite easily walk it again next year. We would've walked it if it weren't for injuries and VAR this year.

In all seriousness, it's a very weak premier league. City have just walked it with just a few points more than they got last season and without a recognised striker for most of the season.

United are shite.

However, there will be some big moves made this summer. Haaland, Kane, Mbappe, Sancho etc all look like they could move on. The thing is, we look like FSG will have us scrounging again.

We need a clearout, a couple of centre backs, a couple of midfielders, and an attacker or two. Can't see FSG doing all that business.

Shame, because we could quite easily walk it again next year. We would've walked it if it weren't for injuries and VAR this year.
A weak league? What does that say about the rest of Europe ?

CL : PL has both finalists (and with a full squad it's likely we could have made it instead of CFC).
EL : United in the final and Arsenal edged in the semi.
Juve 4th.
Lille over PSG
Atletico over Real + Barca

I think it's more likely that the PL is actually stronger than it was due to the money every club has access to.

A weak league? What does that say about the rest of Europe ?

CL : PL has both finalists (and with a full squad it's likely we could have made it instead of CFC).
EL : United in the final and Arsenal edged in the semi.
Juve 4th.
Lille over PSG
Atletico over Real + Barca

I think it's more likely that the PL is actually stronger than it was due to the money every club has access to.

The rest of Europe is weak as shit as well. It's a weird transition stage in football at the minute

City's team from 3 or 4 years ago would wipe the floor with their current team. Same with Barca and Real.

The likes of Villa and Leeds are stronger obviously in the PL, but it's hard not to see that the top quality in Europe has come down overall compared to what we've been used to. It's given the middling teams in the premier league a chance to bridge the gap, but not enough.

Can we bin Ij from this until he gets the casios in as well?
I assume this is some reference to a discussion in a forum I don't frequent.

Are the calculators needed to work out our projected 100+ points total?

I assume this is some reference to a discussion in a forum I don't frequent.

Are the calculators needed to work out our projected 100+ points total?

Haha, hardly! Cheapest jet is a couple of mill!

Didn't Drogba or someone buy the whole squad watches when they won the league? If Liverpool win the league i'll buy the whole forum a casio each.

To this day we are still awaiting our beloved Casios.

United are shite.

It has also been a weird transfer market, the past few years. The traditional non oil-funded top clubs don't have a lot of money. At the same time, the transfer fee for decentish to above-average players like Grealish is over 70 million. Good environment for a club like Villa to progress further.

Normal years - Neymar, Haaland to Barcelona, Mbappe to Madrid, Kane and Sancho to the Manchester clubs would have been announced. I don't think Halland, Mbappe moves will happen this year. Kane and Sancho's moves unfortunately look like will happen.

Outside of Konate, if we can get one productive midfielder and attacker (in place of Ox, Keita, Origi, Minamino), we will be competing for the league and champions league next year. Klopp and the boys have pulled a rabbit out of the hat to finish third after our injuries. I hope FSG sees this opportunity and invests. But I doubt that will happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom