• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Half time report

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is every chance that we could win this in MARCH .... against Everton .... at Woodson!!

Oh my word [emoji7]

Whether we win it in March at Everton, or April against City it’s sort of irrelevant. We will win it, and win it early enough that, if we beat Atletico Madrid, we can concentrate on the UCL and get the chance to really try out a few of the younger lads in proper competitive EPL games

There is every chance that we could win this in MARCH .... against Everton .... at Woodson!!

Oh my word [emoji7]

Whether we win it in March at Everton, or April against City it’s sort of irrelevant. We will win it, and win it early enough that, if we beat Atletico Madrid, we can concentrate on the UCL and get the chance to really try out a few of the younger lads in proper competitive EPL games

Mate - are you ok? You posted, and then responded to yourself!
Is the joy getting to you?!!?

Happy new Year!

It probably won’t make a difference but both Leicester and Man City cannot won all their remaining games. They play each other in February.

I honestly think 9 wins from 19 will do it.
Based on this, I think we have to evaluate our cup chances too. If Leicester and City drop points again before we do, then I think an all out prioritization of the CL and FA cup is well in order.

Initially I had no interest in the FA cup. It was just get the league won at all costs. As it is planning out I’d love to win it as it’s a competitive game between the end of the season and the European Cup final to keep us ticking over. If we get there.

So we have 55 out of 57, while Lei has 42 and City has 41. (Game in hand don't count as we can lose that game)

There are another 57 points to play (edit: for us but only 54 for Lei & City). Each team has to play each other one more time. Theoretically even Norwich at 13 points can catch up should they win the rest of their games. We know it will not happen.

Let's just focus on the next 2 teams. They have to play each other one more time. Draw and they can at best get 55 (edit: 52) points. And say they go on to win all the rest of the games. Means they get maximum points of 97 (edit: 94) and 96 (edit 93) points. Or one beat the other, Lei gets 96 and City gets 92 or vice versa Lei gets 93 and City gets 95.

So we have to get 100 (edit: 97) points to make sure we win the league. That means 42 points from our next 20 games. 14 wins out of 20 games will do it. 13 wins and 3 draws. 12 wins and 6 draws. 11 wins and 9 draws might do it.

Please pick holes at my arithmetic.

Last edited:
City have 41 points with 18 games to go, that gives them a maximum of 95 assuming they beat Leicester and ourselves.

We have 55 points with 19 still to play, 41 more points wins us the title.

I expect City will finish with around 88 points. Leicester 85 or so.

City have 41 points with 18 games to go, that gives them a maximum of 95 assuming they beat Leicester and ourselves.

We have 55 points with 19 still to play, 41 more points wins us the title.

I expect City will finish with around 88 points. Leicester 85 or so.

So you think both Leicester and city will have a better second half than they have done to date? I don’t, at best City may be slightly better.

However, I also doubt we can keep up this insanity of winning every game. I expect us to maintain or slightly grow our lead and hence win the league with 6 or so games to go, which would be around the City game in early April

Still think we'll win it but lets be Liverpool about this.

Think we'll lose to city away, draw to Spurs away, and possibly Everton

Reckon there's some surprises in store

So you think both Leicester and city will have a better second half than they have done to date? I don’t, at best City may be slightly better.

However, I also doubt we can keep up this insanity of winning every game. I expect us to maintain or slightly grow our lead and hence win the league with 6 or so games to go, which would be around the City game in early April

City had a much better 2nd half of the season last year

Jan/Feb... Let's say we draw 4 and win 4, hopefully no loss. We drop 8 points. Still in the driving seat?

Jan/Feb... Let's say we draw 4 and win 4, hopefully no loss. We drop 8 points. Still in the driving seat?

Considering we’d be minimum 8 pts clear yes.

Although it’s more likely to be 11pt which is still fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom