• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Keita could be on his way

Status
Not open for further replies.
Their manager said that meant nothing as he just needs a way of controlling money ahead of the move, or something like that.

I'm less inclined to believe that.

Defo not coming till summer

Leipzig have just good as quashed the rumours

2ae48720e1667191fc2a97105a8a590f.jpg

You know what, I said in a recent thread that it might take time to bed him in. After all he's coming into one of the most difficult roles in the Premiership, where some great players have previously struggled (Veron, Ozil, Şahin, I'm sure there are loads of others). But his qualities are so obviously suited to how we play (good pressing, supports the attack, counters brilliantly) and what we've lost with Coutinho (an eye for the pass that no one else sees, great close control and touch). So in that sense, I can't see any reason but to be positive. He's not playing in a shit league, he's playing in one of the most notoriously difficult, dogged but technically excellent leagues (possibly one of the closest in style to our own). So weighing it up, he has everything it takes to succeed, even if there might be an inevitable period of adjustment.
This. All of this.

Defo not coming till summer

Leipzig have just good as quashed the rumours

2ae48720e1667191fc2a97105a8a590f.jpg

#Rangnick: "This was only possible, if we would have achieved an amicable solution in the sense of an exorbitant extra transfer payment.

Seems pretty definite - translates as:

"That is not the case, and we have therefore decided to close the subject. Naby and his advisers have also accepted this decision."
Yeah, but this talk of we would have made an exception with an 'exorbitant extra transfer payment' sounds a bit like they'd open the subject if we gave them oodles of cash. Might it be bargaining?

Yes, I guess it could be, but the terms of Rangnick's tweet did read pretty unequivocally to me. Any "sweetener" might have to be even bigger than we thought.

Yes, I guess it could be, but the terms of Rangnick's tweet did read pretty unequivocally to me. Any "sweetener" might have to be even bigger than we thought.

Yes, 'exorbitant' is a word that suggests if we want him that bad, we should be prepared to pay them trucks full of cash.

It's not worth paying stupid money to get him earlier. I'd have been open to us paying say £10m, but anything beyond that? The main issue is that we should have had a plan in place, to back up the sale of Coutinho. It's criminal if this is it.

It's not worth paying stupid money to get him earlier. I'd have been open to us paying say £10m, but anything beyond that? The main issue is that we should have had a plan in place, to back up the sale of Coutinho. It's criminal if this is it.
I would pay 15m, no problems. Maybe more. Champs League is too important to miss out on.

I thought we'd be focusing more on lemar than keita, or someone like that

Yeah, you'd think so. I'm still baffled by it all. I think we've sold him too easily and in a way that's not really beneficial to anyone in the short term, other than him having a few months to settle in ahead of next season. Aside from that, what side in their right mind, just about in the top four and still in the Champions League, midway through a season, would sell their best player? Only us. And Arsenal probably.

I'm glad we didn't TBH. Coutinho will obv.be missed but we aren't short of attacking options in midfield, where to me our greatest need - possibly our greatest anywhere in the side - is for more grit in CM to protect the back four. IMO that will have more of a beneficial knock-on effect elsewhere in the team than any other change we could make. In fact I'd be looking for someone else in addition to Keita who can also provide that.

I would pay 15m, no problems. Maybe more. Champs League is too important to miss out on.
It's worth the same to them though, 100m, & he's very important to their team too, so you can see the dilemma.

If they were in third & 20 points clear of fourth placed team then you'd understand having a chance, but tbh what we're offering versus what it could cost them makes it either very expensive or exceptionally unlikely.

Something I've often wondered about footballers, do they get employed on a self employed basis like IT contractors, or do they get employed via the typical PAYE model? If it's the former, setting up NK8 Limited would be a precursor for him being employed by the club.

PAYE.

Their image rights & individual promotional (sponsorship) money gets handled through limited companies though, hence this being set up.

I'm glad we didn't TBH. Coutinho will obv.be missed but we aren't short of attacking options in midfield, where to me our greatest need - possibly our greatest anywhere in the side - is for more grit in CM to protect the back four. IMO that will have more of a beneficial knock-on effect elsewhere in the team than any other change we could make. In fact I'd be looking for someone else in addition to Keita who can also provide that.

I think we needed that regardless though, I don't think there's a particularly good link between midfield and attack, for all our attacking options, there's no one who drives forward and puts the opposition on the back foot. Without Coutinho were very flat in midfield.

I think we needed that regardless though, I don't think there's a particularly good link between midfield and attack, for all our attacking options, there's no one who drives forward and puts the opposition on the back foot. Without Coutinho were very flat in midfield.

We do look it, I agree, but don't the stats show our results without him were actually better?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom