• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Jordan Henderson

Status
Not open for further replies.

Treboeth

Very Active
Did you ever think when this guy signed that he would Captain us to

The Champions League
The Super Cup
The Club World Cup

and actually win all THREE for us?

Not me I freely admit.

And Rodgers wanted to swap him for Clint Fucking Dempsey.

Walk On Jordan Henderson Liverpool Legend.

He came with a decent rep so it wasn’t out of the question.

He’s a model pro and if we can clinch the title this season he’ll be up there as a legend.

He played well again today.

2 fun facts:

1. He played the most premier league games in the decade. Milner is in second.

2. Also, right now, he is the Liverpool captain with the highest win %, I believe.

Nah, but then I didn't think we would build a side so brilliant around him. I did stick with him when he first joined and was putting in fairly meek performances on the right of midfield. He had a decent attitude, was pretty bright and worked tremendously hard. When you've got all of them qualities it's worth sticking with a player. Despite signing some shite, I'm sure Comolli will sometimes think of the grief he took from Liverpool fans over the Henderson deal and chuckle.

He came with a decent rep so it wasn’t out of the question.

He’s a model pro and if we can clinch the title this season he’ll be up there as a legend.

He played well again today.

I like him and rate him as a player, and I’m always glad to see how name on the team sheet. But I don’t think he’ll even be a Liverpool legend mate.

I like him and rate him as a player, and I’m always glad to see how name on the team sheet. But I don’t think he’ll even be a Liverpool legend mate.

If he captains us to a league title, he'll absolutely be a Liverpool legend, even if he does nothing else with us again.

Last season, maybe the one before there was Lots of talk about how VVD should be capt cos can't have a club capt that doesnt play often or whatever...there's been none of that talk. He's upped his game he's been absolutely brilliant and again tonight.
Well done to Hendo.

I have never been a big fan of his, but his importance as a player hit me when I realized that we may have won the PL had he been around to play against Chelsea, Crystal Palace under Rodgers ( he got banned for a red against Man City ). I thought today he was our MOM - easy. But maybe we don't want our Captain to be a super-star or the best player, perhaps it is better to have a good player with his qualities to manage the tempo of the midfield.

If he is the captain that lifts a league title, Super Cup, WCC and CL he will be

Since we last won the league.

Gerrard, Rush, Hyypia, and Fowler have all had spells as captain.

I like Henderson, fantastic attitude and nice bloke but it does almost seem wrong that he might lift the trophy after all those amazing names have failed to in the last 30 years.

I'm not going to complain if we win of course but it feels like it should be a more memorable player lifting the trophies.

I actually thought Henderson was excellent yesterday. I've probably never seen him play that well in the DM position. He was cutting passing lines, covering space, dictating the tempo etc. But what surprised me the most was that he finally turned with the ball at his feet. He didn't do that "pass it back, I don't know who's behind me" move all the time. This alone made his overall game quicker.
It's pretty obvious that Hendo has improved, especially these last two seasons. The inclusion of Fabinho "freed" him from playing at DM, which maybe gave him some confidence back.
But no, he wasn't this good all the time, we never saw the instant impact we've seen with other players playing for LFC. With him there was a valid debate.
Is he better than Fabinho? Is he better than Wijnaldum? Milner? Hamann? Alonso? Mascherano? etc.

Club legend? He's already there.

I actually thought Henderson was excellent yesterday. I've probably never seen him play that well in the DM position. He was cutting passing lines, covering space, dictating the tempo etc. But what surprised me the most was that he finally turned with the ball at his feet. He didn't do that "pass it back, I don't know who's behind me" move all the time. This alone made his overall game quicker.

Good post, @Modo, and I completely agree: he looks so much more of a complete midfielder than he did even a year ago. Even got a shot on target that brought the best save of the night from Diego Alves. His passing was sharp, quick and confident; such a contrast to the "sideways Henderson" we saw so many times in the past. My biggest concern with him was always press resistance; but he seems to have learned a lot from Fabinho, Gini etc – on this form he's as hard to dispossess as any of them, because he makes such quick decisions and executes them with such confidence. It's time to put the old debates to bed; Hendo's really good.

Since we last won the league.

Gerrard, Rush, Hyypia, and Fowler have all had spells as captain.

I like Henderson, fantastic attitude and nice bloke but it does almost seem wrong that he might lift the trophy after all those amazing names have failed to in the last 30 years.

I'm not going to complain if we win of course but it feels like it should be a more memorable player lifting the trophies.

I'll stick my neck out and claim that Gerrard was not half the captain that Hendo is.

Is it?

'Captain Me' and his 'How could I leave after a night like this?' shenanigans?

Did you ever hear anything like this from Hendo?

Jog on.
What happened exactly on one of those nights? Are you now saying he was a shit captain? Care to do a poll?

I don't care about a poll. Do one if you feel like it.

If you think Gerrard was a great captain, then fine. I don't give a fuck. Because you're entitled to your opinion.

But calling others thick because they don't agree with you, is a bit rich, especially if you don't have a point to back it up.

So please do enlighten me. What were the superior aspects in Gerrard's captaincy? There have to be loads, surely.

His 'flirt' with Chelsea and Mourinho certainly wasn't 'captain material'.

I don't care about a poll. Do one if you feel like it.

If you think Gerrard was a great captain, then fine. I don't give a fuck. Because you're entitled to your opinion.

But calling others thick because they don't agree with you, is a bit rich, especially if you don't have a point to back it up.

So please do enlighten me. What were the superior aspects in Gerrard's captaincy? There have to be loads, surely.

His 'flirt' with Chelsea and Mourinho certainly wasn't 'captain material'.

He would have been an outstanding army commander imo - always leading from the front and demanding soldiers follow him, even when they're scared shitless etc ...

It comes down to what your criteria for a great captain is.

If it’s match winning performances and trophies then it’s Gerrard at a canter.

If it’s off the field work and PR then it’s Henderson.

Bit hard to slate Gerrard for flirting with the idea of leaving when he was our best player and wanted world over.
Henderson is arguably our worst regular starter and none of the biggest clubs want him.

That argument is very weak imo.

Nobody argues that Gerrard was the better footballer. And if I'm not totally mistaken Hendo already matched Gerrard's trophy haul.

And maybe it is hard but for me the whole Chelsea story was ridiculous and unbearable. At least for me.

Hendo always puts his team first. Always. Could anybody figure Gerrard wanting to let someone else lift the CL trophy for example?

Gerrard led with his footballing ability not by his character. He was fortunate to have influential characters like Sami or Carra around. Hendo on the other hand has far superior players than him around him and still every single player looks up to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom