• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Investment incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont, i never wanted Bellingham, dont trust the intensity of the German league translating welm here, plus Jude has been shit against the big sides in Europe, if he was generational then he needs to be noticiable against these bigger sides, over priced and am very happy we did not sign him

I think whenever we have signed in the region figure of 30M to 45M the signings have become world class and more than thier initial transfer fee.
Interesting point, I am very eager to understand how you, and others on the forum, define what makes a player "generational"

Interesting point, I am very eager to understand how you, and others on the forum, define what makes a player "generational"

It's a matter of opinion really, - I look at it in a few ways, but primarily I like the compare and contrast against the other players on the pitch - how do they react - the opposition, and how does the player compare to the best of the other players in the team. I remember the Defender injury season, Man City at home when they beat as 1-4 - prior to Curtis being taken off it was 1-1, and none of the City players dared to take him on in a dual of any kind. Our ball retention was better, - he gets taken off and we lose 1-4. That game is clear in my mind as if it was yesterday. Also compare him to the other midfielders in our squad, and I include Thiago in that, - Curtis can keep the ball better than he can, better dribbler, and more clinical in the penalty area. Klopp needs to use him right, and to be honest given how difficult it is in this league, if you were to compare him with other players in other European leagues with the same skill set, - I would always pick Curtis. I also think that most of the Liverpool community don't take to him because of the confidence he has in his abilities, I guess it does not conform to the Liverpool underdog bullshit mentality many of our supporters like to be associated with despite being England's premier European team. If Steven Gerrard thinks he is special then he is special.

I actually believe that if Curtis gets a run in the team, and proves to be as good as he really is, Real Madrid will come calling for him above any other player in our squad.

So you’re saying we should avoid Kone m, Gravenberch & Gvardiol then?

Gravenberch I don't know about how well he could be, he has not played much since his transfer to Bayern.

As for Kone, - I look at his game's against Dortmund, in one game they won, and in the other Dortmund won. To me for the price he is being quoted in this day and time - its less of a risk than spunking 100M+ on Jude.

Gvardiol - wants to play for us from his quotes if they are to be believed, for that alone I know he would give 100%, but the prices he is being quoted at is silly given the league he plays in compared to ours. It's silly money, I think we can get a better assessment of him as a player if he takes on other English teams in the CL.

FSG - are correct in one thing, - I don't want them to buy Declan Rice for the price he is being quoted, and especially someone like Caicedo. Does not bother me that we are not in for those players, I think if the plyers we are linked to join then we will be good enough for a title challenge next season.

It's a matter of opinion really, - I look at it in a few ways, but primarily I like the compare and contrast against the other players on the pitch - how do they react - the opposition, and how does the player compare to the best of the other players in the team. I remember the Defender injury season, Man City at home when they beat as 1-4 - prior to Curtis being taken off it was 1-1, and none of the City players dared to take him on in a dual of any kind. Our ball retention was better, - he gets taken off and we lose 1-4. That game is clear in my mind as if it was yesterday. Also compare him to the other midfielders in our squad, and I include Thiago in that, - Curtis can keep the ball better than he can, better dribbler, and more clinical in the penalty area. Klopp needs to use him right, and to be honest given how difficult it is in this league, if you were to compare him with other players in other European leagues with the same skill set, - I would always pick Curtis. I also think that most of the Liverpool community don't take to him because of the confidence he has in his abilities, I guess it does not conform to the Liverpool underdog bullshit mentality many of our supporters like to be associated with despite being England's premier European team. If Steven Gerrard thinks he is special then he is special.

I actually believe that if Curtis gets a run in the team, and proves to be as good as he really is, Real Madrid will come calling for him above any other player in our squad.
I like Curtis too and he had a run of good games towards the end of the season. One big thing I've noticed about him kryptonite wise. He struggles to impose him self when he has time to think. His best games came against teams that didn't allow our midfielder time to breathe, teams that didn't press us that well.

Whenever I watched Curtis and we play a team that can match our pressing Curtis would disappear and or make bad attacking defensive choices. You might say that you can say this about any player when we are playing badly, but what I mean is that Curtis doesn't seem to have any other skills in his locker and Klopp has usually taken him off whenever I've watched this happen to him. Hopefully this is part of his development but it's definitely something I've seen about him. Maybe he just needs to play more type of games like this so he can get used to holding his nerve when we are being out pressed or marked tightly, maybe coaching will help him to get better on this or not.

I like Curtis too and he had a run of good games towards the end of the season. One big thing I've noticed about him kryptonite wise. He struggles to impose him self when he has time to think. His best games came against teams that didn't allow our midfielder time to breathe, teams that didn't press us that well.

Whenever I watched Curtis and we play a team that can match our pressing Curtis would disappear and or make bad attacking defensive choices. You might say that you can say this about any player when we are playing badly, but what I mean is that Curtis doesn't seem to have any other skills in his locker and Klopp has usually taken him off whenever I've watched this happen to him. Hopefully this is part of his development but it's definitely something I've seen about him. Maybe he just needs to play more type of games like this so he can get used to holding his nerve when we are being out pressed or marked tightly, maybe coaching will help him to get better on this or not.
Disagree on your view that he dissapears when being pressed, if anything he is our most press resistent players, I suspect in the past its hard for him to pass to anyone coz he looks around and realisez his team mates are fucking shit at keeping the ball.

It’s amazing Jones hasn’t been signed by Real instead of Jude. Let’s hope he keeps putting in the same kind of under radar performances to avoid the overtures from the Saudi league.

It’s amazing Jones hasn’t been signed by Real instead of Jude. Let’s hope he keeps putting in the same kind of under radar performances to avoid the overtures from the Saudi league.

It’s been quite a turnaround - misfit to generational talent at light speed!!!

When we sell to Saudi, I hope we insert a ballon d’or additional payment clause!!!!

Maybe a different thread, but something that's been on my mind a while but struggled a little with how to word it with some sensitivity.

How important is it for supporters of the club that the owners make an effort with anything outside the immediacy of the club?

My son has had an interest in going to clubs for stadium tours. He's been to the City tour with my wife and his cousins, I've taken him to Arsenal and Liverpool.
The area around both of the other stadiums was well developed and seemed to engage locals a little more. Liverpool on the other hand, just seems to struggle a little. I've not been up to the stadium in like 10 years, and though there have been changes to the stadium to modernise it and also improvements continue there (On the day we went the stand was being dismantled and expanded which was great) there didn't seem any investment in the local area. Still lots of area boarded up, waste land across road from the stadium.

I think this also speaks to the challenges of Brexit, Covid, inflation, general Conservative policies over the last decade or so.

So going back to it how important is it that new investment makes an effort to spruce up the area around the stadium.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom