• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Investment incoming?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluebell

Well-Known
Alex Miller guys. Actually, no clue who the guy is but claims to be a Sports Finance Journo @Beamrider did you ever have drinks with this guy?

Hooray, this will be a great opportunity to fuck off from football for good if some other random Arab oil billionaire goes for our club.

If it means you fuck off from SCM too....I'll take it, bring home the Arabs!!!

Alex Miller guys. Actually, no clue who the guy is but claims to be a Sports Finance Journo @Beamrider did you ever have drinks with this guy?

Never had any contact with journos - that was strictly managed by communications people. If you found yourself speaking to a journo you were either betraying secrets or had done something to land yourself or the club in the shit and had to do the "I'm very very sorry" tour to save face.

It's investment, not a purchase. It'll be 500m from so nonsense that'll get eaten of by the stadium modernisation

It's investment, not a purchase. It'll be 500m from so nonsense that'll get eaten of by the stadium modernisation
If they're putting up 20% for sale, and if the value of the club is $4-5bn so they're looking at $1bn-800m. I am guessing FSG will bag $300M and that leaves $500-700m.I can't imagine them not pocketing some cash. Pure guess work

If they're putting up 20% for sale, and if the value of the club is $4-5bn so they're looking at $1bn-800m. I am guessing FSG will bag $300M and that leaves $500-700m.I can't imagine them not pocketing some cash. Pure guess work
FSG will bag the 800m-1B and decide where to distribute that, probably 700-900m in their own pocket, 50m for Linda and 50m to put into the club.

Great just in time to sign Bellingham and get involved with Gvardiol

oh wait

"what do you think they're smoking over there at Anfield"

20_henry__1223362816_8520.jpg

As long as we invest in the team, I have no problem with them announcing investment when the window has closed.
That actually makes sense.
But if they don't invest....well, that would be lizards as we know them.

As long as we invest in the team, I have no problem with them announcing investment when the window has closed.
That actually makes sense.
But if they don't invest....well, that would be lizards as we know them.

good point but who we’re in for kind of suggests that’s not the case, still time yet though

If I were FSG, and about to bank some investment, I'd basically tot up all the cash that FSG had actually put in to Liverpool (initial purchase plus any loans made and either capitalised or not repaid) and return that directly to my shareholders. I'd then invest the rest into LFC (interest-free loan initially and capitalise if needed to negotiate any FFP shortfalls) and that money should go to the club to invest (whether in the squad or in infrastructure or just as a rainy day fund). I'd run a line with the shareholders that they had basically acquired something (the remaining 80 or so per cent of LFC) which was worth $4-5bn and it had cost them a net nothing. This would still give us a nice pot of money to play with.
I'd then ask the shareholders to let Mike Gordon (or whoever the new version of him is) to run the club with the LFC directors with a reduced level of shareholder interference (i.e. give him more autonomy / flexibility to make decisions). So if we wanted to expand the Kenny or the Kop, we could do it if we self-funded (included from our new investment money) without having to get their approval. It would basically free us up a bit from FSG's historic policy of only spending what we earn.
But if a new investor is coming in for a significant slug of equity then there will be power games to negotiate. They'd probably need to give the new guys some specific (day to day) responsibilities and board seats / votes.
All of that's a big if, obviously, but I imagine most of the FSG shareholders are just excited about rounders and would probably go for some watered down version of the above.

EDIT - rough estimate of the FSG investment number in this scenario is £375m.

Last edited:
If I were FSG, and about to bank some investment, I'd basically tot up all the cash that FSG had actually put in to Liverpool (initial purchase plus any loans made and either capitalised or not repaid) and return that directly to my shareholders. I'd then invest the rest into LFC (interest-free loan initially and capitalise if needed to negotiate any FFP shortfalls) and that money should go to the club to invest (whether in the squad or in infrastructure or just as a rainy day fund). I'd run a line with the shareholders that they had basically acquired something (the remaining 80 or so per cent of LFC) which was worth $4-5bn and it had cost them a net nothing. This would still give us a nice pot of money to play with.
I'd then ask the shareholders to let Mike Gordon (or whoever the new version of him is) to run the club with the LFC directors with a reduced level of shareholder interference (i.e. give him more autonomy / flexibility to make decisions). So if we wanted to expand the Kenny or the Kop, we could do it if we self-funded (included from our new investment money) without having to get their approval. It would basically free us up a bit from FSG's historic policy of only spending what we earn.
But if a new investor is coming in for a significant slug of equity then there will be power games to negotiate. They'd probably need to give the new guys some specific (day to day) responsibilities and board seats / votes.
All of that's a big if, obviously, but I imagine most of the FSG shareholders are just excited about rounders and would probably go for some watered down version of the above.
Can we all just campaign for Beamrider to join the advisory board as a pre-requisite for any investment partner?

Maybe we just cut our losses and start saving for whoever replaces Klopps ‘war chest’ now

So if some random teenager in his bedroom posts something, tags a journalist and adds a photo, you believe him & go into meltdown?

For the record this was James Pearce's reaction:

Did you miss the part in brackets? Would you put past FSG to with hold funds and wait for investment

Doesn't make sense. If you were confident investment was coming, you'd go out and by on the never never. If you weren't confident enough to do that, why would you be confident enough to can everything else until it's done?
Sounds like bollocks to me.

Doesn't make sense. If you were confident investment was coming, you'd go out and by on the never never. If you weren't confident enough to do that, why would you be confident enough to can everything else until it's done?
Sounds like bollocks to me.

It’s not like Bluebell has ever believed Twitter bullshit and then got irate when said Twitter bullshit doesn’t happen before!!!

We’re going to have another season of getting irate about not signing one of those players that ended up not being signed by anyway and beaten to the signing of players we were never ever linked with.

No one here wants Mbappe anyway.
I dont, i never wanted Bellingham, dont trust the intensity of the German league translating welm here, plus Jude has been shit against the big sides in Europe, if he was generational then he needs to be noticiable against these bigger sides, over priced and am very happy we did not sign him

I think whenever we have signed in the region figure of 30M to 45M the signings have become world class and more than thier initial transfer fee.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom