• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Gini wish granted ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Either way he wont be leaving in January given the number of injuries we have and the games left. Only way I see that happening is if the season implodes and we are out of all comps, which looks very unlikely at this point
We're offering a substantial increase in his salary and a 3 year contract. Losing him for zilch in the Summer makes no sense at all, that's at the very least £20m down the drain and yet giving him the 4 year contract he wants would only cost us an extra £6m on our offer and we'd then have the option to sell on in a couple of years if we really wanted to, recouping any extra outlay.

Without a doubt he'll get his 4 year contract.

All of that makes good sense, but the club won't want to be held over a barrel however important Gini is (and I do think he is) to us. Maybe the 4-year deal with a slight lowering of the £115 thou.per week?

All of that makes good sense, but the club won't want to be held over a barrel however important Gini is (and I do think he is) to us. Maybe the 4-year deal with a slight lowering of the £115 thou.per week?
They are already over a barrel ... he's leaving in the Summer as it stands and the club are set to lose mucho dinero ! £6m vs. £20-30m or more. No brainer. It's not exactly setting a precedent for the rest of the squad because it's unlikely that a situation such as this will come around too often.

That's a fair compromise by the club. I wish we had offered it sooner, TBH, but at least Gini can have no complaints we didn't try.

They are already over a barrel ... he's leaving in the Summer as it stands and the club are set to lose mucho dinero ! £6m vs. £20-30m or more. No brainer. It's not exactly setting a precedent for the rest of the squad because it's unlikely that a situation such as this will come around too often.

I dont think we would get £20m for him in the current market with 5 months left on his contract. I want him to stay and hope the club can come to an agreement, but we have a squad thats stacked with 28/29 year old players, I dont think the club is going to start handing out 4 year deals to players in that position. Thats how you end up lile Barca, massive squad past its peak on huge money full of players you cant offload.

I dont think we would get £20m for him in the current market with 5 months left on his contract. I want him to stay and hope the club can come to an agreement, but we have a squad thats stacked with 28/29 year old players, I dont think the club is going to start handing out 4 year deals to players in that position. Thats how you end up lile Barca, massive squad past its peak on huge money full of players you cant offload.
No of course we wouldn't get £20m at the moment. I think you've misunderstood what I said, or maybe I didn't state it clearly enough. I was saying that after signing a new contract we could get £20m (or likely more) for him if we decided to sell in a year or two (after signing the new contract). So letting him go now on a free, when all he is after is another year on top of the three offered (worth £6m at the rate we've offered him), financially doesn't make any sense.

The figures are one thing but I'm not sure I agree with the overall summary given in that tweet. The margins aren't huge, but they're wide enough to make a difference at top level, and we've seen how important Gini's goals can be when they do arrive. Not saying we're using him wrongly, just that there's a question to be asked here.

[article]The agent of Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum says there should be no surprise he continues to improve with age.

Wijnaldum has just completed an outstanding week with Holland.

Agent Humphry Nijman told De Telegraaf: “He is a boy who takes a very good care of his body. He does a lot for that. He also ensures that he has the right people around him.

"A lot of players have the tendency, as they get older, to do something else. One is going to the media, the other has secondary activities. Gini has always been able to suppress that need. He is only involved in football. It is a matter of making choices."

Indeed, the midfielder has amazed his coaches and doctors with the Dutch national team and Liverpool. Since the season kicked off in August, Wijnaldum has already played 21 games.
[/article]

[article]The agent of Liverpool midfielder Gini Wijnaldum says there should be no surprise he continues to improve with age.

Wijnaldum has just completed an outstanding week with Holland.

Agent Humphry Nijman told De Telegraaf: “He is a boy who takes a very good care of his body. He does a lot for that. He also ensures that he has the right people around him.

"A lot of players have the tendency, as they get older, to do something else. One is going to the media, the other has secondary activities. Gini has always been able to suppress that need. He is only involved in football. It is a matter of making choices."

Indeed, the midfielder has amazed his coaches and doctors with the Dutch national team and Liverpool. Since the season kicked off in August, Wijnaldum has already played 21 games.
[/article]

21 games already, thats bonkers. Were likely to have another 40 games by the end of the season, and hes going to play internationals on top of that and then into the Euros next summer.

Most wins in first
32_20e3.png
30_20e3.png
30_20e3.png
competitive appearances...
133:Gini Wijnaldum
131: Alan Kennedy
126: Gary Gillespie
123: Steve McMahon
122: Ian Rush

Ok, sorry for bringing this up, but whatever he wants, he has good attendence record compared to all the other sick notes in midfield we have.

This is why he is worth paying what he wants. I get it he is older now, but look at the rest of them and the ones we have had....Ox..sometimes forget he actually is an LFC player, Shaq ... , Keita..., New Guy, and even Henderson/Milner have their moments. If I was him O would be thinking the same 'I am always playing and the rest of them never turn up...i should be getting more than them'....put yourself in that position...always turning up to the office and every other fucker is always sick. He should be rewarded just for playing routinely with different midfield partners.

He's been immense for us over the last few years, pay him what he wants to stay.
It's not about wages, it seems that has already been agreed. Gini wants a 4 year contract and we are only offering 3. Just give him the 4 year FFS.

It's not about wages, it seems that has already been agreed. Gini wants a 4 year contract and we are only offering 3. Just give him the 4 year FFS.

A four year contract would be insane. Three years is pushing it. Extension options, great, but some realism is needed here.

Yeah but he's written off now. No longer an asset. So whether we give him a three year deal and a ten million quid signing on fee or a four year deal is immaterial. I mean it's gonna cost more than ten million quid to replace him.

Think it's because he's nothing like Barnes at all. Not even remotely. That'll be it.

Maybe the later in his career, midfield Barnes. As impressive as Gini has been he is no way close to the early middle career Barnes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom