• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Everton Vs Liverpool Match Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just watched match of the day btw and watched that Berkeley challenge over and over again.
Watch his eyes and the action of his leg. He was actually going for the leg. It wasnt late, he wasnt trying to play the ball.

Its a terrible and downright nasty challenge
Sadly the FA will do fuck all because the referee took action.. Albeit the incorrect action.

Shut up you fucking tart.

He's right though. He's just DJ Syd these days, going round looking for a fight and then banning people after.

Ryan must be fucking fuming that he got banned from his own forum when Ross has been 10x worse than anything he ever did for ages.

He offers no positive contribution to the forum other than gifs taken off the front page of reddit. Aside from that, all he does is troll. Having him as a mod completely undermines any attempt at having some semblance or rules regarding any kind of etiquette towards other posters, as he continually flouts them - and gets away with it again and again. It would at least be tolerable if his insults were funny, but they're not. They're boring, snide and repetitive.

He's the worst thing about SCM, by a long stretch

Ban Brendan? For what, having a slightly tedious opinion? No, he contributes greatly to the discussion on this site and is most welcome, yeh he could cut down the bickering, but we all could a little.

However, there's one person on this site who needs to fuck off and has needed to fuck off for years now, it's the cunt who keeps taking personal pot shots at posters, and thinks it's okay to poke fun at a recovering alcoholic. Ignoring him is fine most of the time, but that comment was too far, are there no red lines for this cunt?

Its at times like watching a play of Jekyll and Hyde with Brendan. Some interesting points and decent discussions which suddenly switches over to shouty repetitive posts about the same subjects with this weird obsession of being right.
More Jekyll and less Hyde would be good for everyone.
As you say we're all responsible for the bickering though. I can easily pipe that down myself.

I've just given up on Ross tbh. Doesnt offer anything to the site and is just looking for ways to troll and ban people (me at least).
Says it all that this place is functioning on a whole other level when he isnt posting.
Those comments last night to AR were pathetic. When you open up and let people know some of your struggles you shouldnt have to expect or worry about those sort of snide remarks.
I hate it when people try to be controversial just to get a reaction and create a bad vibe. We dont need that here.
Its not the SCM way at all.

Your a wonderful poster Red. Don't let unhappy people drive you down under.:)
Thank you @jason - That's nice of you to say. Here's a copy of my new favourite pic. It's the Sun in UV. `i think it looks ace.
15171086_10155365287410329_8422535879972958557_n.jpg
photo.php

I'll admit I don't mind Brendan, he's always had a kind of pantomime villain thing going on. I understand why others have no time for him though....but on his worst day I can't see him having digs at a recovering alcoholic who also happens to be one of the best and least argumentative posters on the site

This.

I'll admit I don't mind Brendan, he's always had a kind of pantomime villain thing going on. I understand why others have no time for him though....but on his worst day I can't see him having digs at a recovering alcoholic who also happens to be one of the best and least argumentative posters on the site
Spot on. However Brendan wasn't the worst offender last night at the personal digs towards RA, none of it was warranted either by the way.

I can imagine one of the worst things an alcoholic in recovery would have to endure is another asking him "Are you drinking" just because he saw something differently, regardless if it was said in jest. Luckily RA is a strong character.

I do agree however that 90% of the time whenever we score, the first comments are usually "did you see that Brendan?" or something similar. Its tragic and those posters should wind their necks in and focus on the positives and the game rather than calling someone out.

We won.. 3 points and a scrappy win in a derby, Huzzah - group hug Merry Christmas and see you on the 27th

Spot on. However Brendan wasn't the worst offender last night at the personal digs towards RA, none of it was warranted either by the way.

I can imagine one of the worst things an alcoholic in recovery would have to endure is another asking him "Are you drinking" just because he saw something differently, regardless if it was said in jest. Luckily RA is a strong character.

I do agree however that 90% of the time whenever we score, the first comments are usually "did you see that Brendan?" or something similar. Its tragic and those posters should wind their necks in and focus on the positives and the game rather than calling someone out.

We won.. 3 points and a scrappy win in a derby, Huzzah - group hug Merry Christmas and see you on the 27th
Yeah I'll admit that stung a bit. It's of a strange one as it was once true. Hey ho, no bother..... It's all just banter....... Anyhooo back to the thread. We won! I have MOTD2 on record. I'll watch it immediately.:ninja:

He's right though. He's just DJ Syd these days, going round looking for a fight and then banning people after.

Ryan must be fucking fuming that he got banned from his own forum when Ross has been 10x worse than anything he ever did for ages.

He offers no positive contribution to the forum other than gifs taken off the front page of reddit. Aside from that, all he does is troll. Having him as a mod completely undermines any attempt at having some semblance or rules regarding any kind of etiquette towards other posters, as he continually flouts them - and gets away with it again and again. It would at least be tolerable if his insults were funny, but they're not. They're boring, snide and repetitive.

He's the worst thing about SCM, by a long stretch
I'm offended, it's long been the belief (by Ryan at least) that I'm the worst thing about 6cm!!

The last four pages of this thread have been very embarrassing.

Soggypop doing his fucking crybaby routine and asking for people to be banned. As usual. Just because Ross hates you, doesn't mean he's wrong.
He's like that cunt who waves imaginary cards at the the ref trying to get people sent off.

The match thread is and always has been a fucking zoo, so crying out of your arse about it is risible. It should certainly be locked earlier though, because it's very much "of its time" more than any other type of thread, and leaving it open so old comments and off-the-cuff remarks get pored over is just silly. I haven't insulted anyone on it, and I refuse to believe that Oncey's "drinking" comment was any kind of calculated insult to another poster.

The rest is just noise

Quite. Everyone's always ready to rub it in his face if one of the subjects of his criticisms does something good, as if he's arsed. It's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

Read that out loud again to yourself Mark. Yeah, imagine the audacity of a Liverpool fan rubbing it in on a Liverpool forum when one of our players does something good. I just don't get putting down some of our players to help drive a previously stated point home. There is no need to camp yourself somewhere that you feel you need to continually hammer home a point at an expense of one of our players. I'm not what you'd call a 'superfan' or anything like that. I'll happily moan about our players when it's warranted or I'm pissed off with them (i.e. Moreno or Mingolet) but I'll be fucked if I ever find myself in a position where I'll target a player and continue to bash him in a thread at any opportunity.

The match thread is and always has been a fucking zoo, so crying out of your arse about it is risible. It should certainly be locked earlier though, because it's very much "of its time" more than any other type of thread, and leaving it open so old comments and off-the-cuff remarks get pored over is just silly. I haven't insulted anyone on it, and I refuse to believe that Oncey's "drinking" comment was any kind of calculated insult to another poster.

The rest is just noise

Yeah, agree with that. The thread does read differently when you read it in it's entirety having the benefit of watching the 90 mins first.

Its at times like watching a play of Jekyll and Hyde with Brendan. Some interesting points and decent discussions which suddenly switches over to shouty repetitive posts about the same subjects with this weird obsession of being right.
More Jekyll and less Hyde would be good for everyone.
As you say we're all responsible for the bickering though. I can easily pipe that down myself.

I've just given up on Ross tbh. Doesnt offer anything to the site and is just looking for ways to troll and ban people (me at least).
Says it all that this place is functioning on a whole other level when he isnt posting.
Those comments last night to AR were pathetic. When you open up and let people know some of your struggles you shouldnt have to expect or worry about those sort of snide remarks.
I hate it when people try to be controversial just to get a reaction and create a bad vibe. We dont need that here.
Its not the SCM way at all.

But again, you want him banned for the same reason soggypop does: he thinks you're a twat.

That's not a banning offence.

The last four pages of this thread have been very embarrassing.

Soggypop doing his fucking crybaby routine and asking for people to be banned. As usual. Just because Ross hates you, doesn't mean he's wrong.
He's like that cunt who waves imaginary cards at the the ref trying to get people sent off.

The rest is just noise

I think it was Rosco's comment that was considered as an insult to another poster. And to be honest I don't see how any spin could make it other than an insult.

But again, you want him banned for the same reason soggypop does: he thinks you're a twat.

That's not a banning offence.

I dont want him banned because he thinks I'm a twat. I couldnt care less if he does or not.
Its the negative comments to other posters and the constant trolling I find out of order.

No but acting like an absolute risible cunt towards Red Astaire is.

Oh, what? I must have missed it. Or don't know the context/ detail involved.

He said he something about sticking up for special needs kids? Again, in the white-heat of a match thread, I'm sure I've read far worse, and I'm equally sure people read more into certain posts than others, based on identity.

But going back to the context/ detail point, it is possible I am unaware of it, because I don't fucking care.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom