• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Do you want Everton to get relegated.

Prefix for Poll Threads

DO you want Everton to get Relegated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was aimed at Whaddapie, an old pal of mine from the forum who doesn't post enough these days and whose Christian name is Derek, but hello to you too. :)

Gotcha... I didn't recognize your user name but had to wonder.

Great name @Whadappie, you share it with the world's best footballer of all time (Derek Asamoah)

It was, but that's changed. I'm born/bred in Yorkshire but my Dad was from Bootle. For a short time I lived in Litherland when I was a nipper which was terrifying, my "Leeds" accent went down a storm!

As a kid the family used to share tickets so we'd all go to the derby together. My Dad's cousins (not sure what this is to me, I'm sure the Fins have a term!) would always sort us out with tickets as close to them as possible and vice versa but as the years moved on and you had seats and shit it got more difficult.

More to the point the atmosphere changed. I noticed first at goodison in the mid-90's but then I'm a Red. I think we got just as bad too around the same time. It coincided with the Everton-qualifying-but-heysel thing but I don't think that was it, I think it was just changing times.

I haven't been to Goodison this century and, from what I've seen Everton fans are not tolerated even at the Anny Road end anymore.

We did have the 'friendly derby' in the crowd but not no more
First cousin, once removed.

I'll amend my will accordingly next week. :)

Recently had a bit of a scare with it actually as the sound began to fade in and out (small wonder as the old thing's in its 44th year now). All seems to be well again though.
It comes with a lifetime warranty, I assume?

Honestly a Liverpool Everton one two in the league is my ideal.

I always want them to do well but not as good as us. It's just depressing how shit they are, my friends have gone past the banter stage

It’s a shame that it’s become so very bitter, I remember standing in derby games and there were blues there on the Kop.

hard to believe now but it did happen...

when I was growing up and LIverpool was the capital of footy and that wasn’t just cos LIverpool were kings Everton had a some really good sides in the 80s too....

relegated? Sure I’d laugh a lot but... I dunno if it would be good for the town as a whole....

With the win today we have gone above 45 points (generally suggested as the minimum points needed in a season to be safe from relegation). . So just in case anyone out there was worried... We're not going down with Everton if they get relegated... We're safe now, even if we lose all our remaining games, we've got over 45 points.;)

As I recall it there were sceptical noises from Portugal over Silva's appointment as well. Two such appointments in a row would just about put the tin hat on the succession of bad choices they've made.

Shame innit. :vamp:

I don’t get the bad for the city or whatever arguments as it’s not like they’d stay down forever, they’d come back up... it’d be funny as fuck to watch them go down tho.

Rumours that they've approached Unai Emery

Seriously!:rolleyes:

Guess it's highly unlikely but imagine playing in the new season in the Championship :p

Ownership Farhad Moshiri via Blue Heaven Holdings: 68.56%; Bill Kenwright: 5%; other shareholders: 26.44%
Gate receipts £16m
TV and broadcasting £130m
Sponsorship, advertising and merchandise £21m
Other commercial £22m
Advertisement
Net debt £66m
Interest payable £6m
Highest-paid director Unnamed: £927,000
State they’re in With Everton straining to stay with the top six, Moshiri increased his interest-free loan to £150m during 2017-18, then provided a further £100m, and the club had £75m other loans. Future hopes rest on a new stadium at Bramley Moore Dock; £11m was spent on plans.

They have a wage bill which is almost 80% of turn over. Their lack of success means they have a very compact resentful fan base where the only legitimacy and relevance they have is that they were here 1st. I doubt Liverpool City's tourist board even bothers making any mention of Goodison Park but will offer extended visits to Anfield

I'll amend my will accordingly next week. :)

Recently had a bit of a scare with it actually as the sound began to fade in and out (small wonder as the old thing's in its 44th year now). All seems to be well again though.
That may be too late. No time like the present (he says throwing his hat into the ring for it - though export/import costs may end up being extortionate).

Arent they the longest serving team in the top division?

Maybe a relegation would be a good thing to knock their only record off its fucking perch
Nope thats arsenal. They have never been relegated
The the bitters are the 2nd longest and then us i think

How the mighty have fallen, Carlo Ancelotti has managed Milan, Juve, Chelsea, Real, PSG and Bayern Munich.

And is now interviewing for the Everton job.

Fucking hell, desperate times. And the other available job, Arsenal, looks equally shit and unappealing.
All that said, if The Bitters do pull off a Xmas miracle, it's quite the coup.

How the mighty have fallen, Carlo Ancelotti has managed Milan, Juve, Chelsea, Real, PSG and Bayern Munich.

And is now interviewing for the Everton job.

Fucking hell, desperate times. And the other available job, Arsenal, looks equally shit and unappealing.
All that said, if The Bitters do pull off a Xmas miracle, it's quite the coup.
Knowing Everton, they'd probably give him a transfer budget of £100m, where they get that money from and still be within FIFA finance rules is a mystery.
Arsenal is owned by a man who does not give a shit about the club and will probably work with a manager who is happy to work on limited budgets

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom