• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Poll Do you want Everton to get relegated.

Prefix for Poll Threads

DO you want Everton to get Relegated?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Tbh I can't see Ancelotti being anything but a success for Everton.

They've got the money, and the big-gish name players.

I think the success will be relative. I think he can take them back to the glory days of David Moyes era where they are fighting for 5th or 6th spot.

Silverware might be elusive though.

I think the success will be relative. I think he can take them back to the glory days of David Moyes era where they are fighting for 5th or 6th spot.

Silverware might be elusive though.

Yes but 5th or 6th spot would be heaven compared to where they are now.

These days to be 5th or 6th means you have to be at the level of Utd, Arsenal, or Chelsea.

The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced Ancelotti is in this only for the money. He is using Moshiri and Moshiri looks every bit like a rich fool willing pay whatever it takes to bring a "big name" – but doesn't have a semblance of a plan to take advantage of the world-class coaching talent he's hiring. They would need an early-Abramovich type of investment over the next several windows in a row to bring the squad anywhere near the level of talent Ancelotti usually gets to work with.

Let's see: Ancelotti coached Nesta, Cafu and Maldini, now his best defender is Michael Keane. He relied on the cutting edge from the likes of Ronaldo, Neymar, Shevchenko and Drogba – now if he accepts this job his "strikeforce" will be Calvert-Lewin, Cenk Tosun and Oumar Nyasse. His midfielders included Pirlo, Zidane, Seedorf, Rivaldo and Kaka – now he'll be coaching Tom Davis and Schneiderlin. His last line of defense will be Jordan "T-Rex" Pickford, which is a bit different to having Casillas, Cech or Neuer bailing you out when the tactics fail. I mean, fucking hell – can there be any more of a contrast? Did the Neapolitan mafia kidnap his family or something to make him this desperate for money?

Sadly for Everton fans, Abramovich-style investment spree won't happen because even if Moshiri could cough up the funds for a major rebuild (while simultaneously funding the new stadium), Everton will be severely hamstrung by the FFP rules as their matchday income is limited by the small stadium and the commercial potential is far below the likes of Chelsea or PSG. They don't seem to have a lot of good young players to fall on without dipping into the transfer market and their transfer policy of recent years has been mostly spending too much money on mediocre players who will not be easy to shift without a huge loss. So tell me, really, how is this going to work?

I think you've played a blinder with your last couple of posts here, mate... I think Carlos to that shower could be an unmitigated disaster. Not because of him, but rather because of the players at his new club. He's used to coaching some of the greatest players of their generation. Now he's managing everton. I think too many people are looking at the (magnificent) track record of the man rather than the situation that he's inheriting.

FFP means fuck all, so they can in theory do what the fuck they want.

I seriously doubt their owner has the kind of cash to spend the huge sums required to buy a team of stars though.

Hahaha. It's Koeman and his red tie all over again. :vamp:
OMG !!! - his is so funny, everyone that wanted to be part of our history - and are not chosen end up joining the dark side. For all those who argue about the PL vs CL - the appeal we hold with our CL titles history is ultimately what makes these other continental managers want to manage us. Especially those with European experience who know the power and potential of getting to finals with an Anfield crowd as backup.

That cannot be right

He is on 13 According to 90min.com 20 M according to football-espana but on 40M euros according to others. Not sure what is correct.

Ny guess is that the high numbers are total of the whole contractlenght. Otherwise it is plain stupid.

He is on 13 According to 90min.com 20 M according to football-espana but on 40M euros according to others. Not sure what is correct.

Ny guess is that the high numbers are total of the whole contractlenght. Otherwise it is plain stupid.
Given the shockingly poor quality of journalism in general but especially football journalism (figures of millions are thrown about with abandon with little regard to context or qualification), I'd think you're right.

Everton have announced that Ancelloti will become manager from boxing day with Big Dunc and Mini-Me as assistants

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom