• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you make a deal with the devil.......

[article]broadcasters are due an extra £36m in rebates for every week the 2019-20 season extends beyond 16 July
[/article]

When you make a deal with the devil.......

[article]broadcasters are due an extra £36m in rebates for every week the 2019-20 season extends beyond 16 July
[/article]
Just today I've heard three players say they'll need about six weeks to get fit. Well enough time.

I read somewhere it takes a week for every week off but that is coming back from the summer break. All the players would’ve been on a higher intensity schedule than what they get over the summer as a just in case.

Kicking off in 4-6 weeks would still make it tight finishing before 16 July.

Mariappa is the Watford player who tested positive.

And just to add fuel to Deeney and Rose's little bonfire his statement said he didn't know how he got it, as he hasn't really left the house.

N'Golo Kante turned up for training on Tuesday, but stayed away yesterday.

Jamie Redknapp suggests more players will do it.

Well you know what Jamie? Germany are training and playing, you fucking ball bag.

Players are probably in the best environment being subject to 2 tests a week, and being outside 95% of the time.

N'Golo Kante turned up for training on Tuesday, but stayed away yesterday.

Jamie Redknapp suggests more players will do it.

Well you know what Jamie? Germany are training and playing, you fucking ball bag.

Players are probably in the best environment being subject to 2 tests a week, and being outside 95% of the time.
As well as being in one of the very low risk categories.

I thought Kante stayed away as he was displaying symptoms?

Would seem sensible to me

And please don't call Mrs Nurding a ball bag.

I thought Kante stayed away as he was displaying symptoms?

Would seem sensible to me

And please don't call Mrs Nurding a ball bag.
You so know Louise has left Jamie right?

No, apparently Kante stayed away because he's scared.

Obviously that's media talk and it could be down to him showing symptoms or being one of the two who have tested positive and haven't been named yet.

Footballers that get infected should be investigated. With the lifestyle they can afford, there’s no way they should be infected if they followed guidelines, which evidently a bunch of them aren’t doing. The dickheads.

Footballers that get infected should be investigated. With the lifestyle they can afford, there’s no way they should be infected if they followed guidelines, which evidently a bunch of them aren’t doing. The dickheads.
Hardly fair.. you can get it by something innocuous like a wife going shopping and coming back with it.

However if Kyle Walker gets it.. or Serge Aurier.. we know why.

Ibe isn’t having his contract renewed. He’s been caught out driving despite being banned and then he decided to go for a haircut whilst banned. The dickhead.

Aurier is being fined £140k for breaking lockdown 3 times! The latest is for a haircut.

Yes, they’re dickheads.

The safest work place in the World these days are probably as a footballer. Its up to every player of course, re the stories about Deeney and now Kante, but they shouldnt kid themselves when comparing their situation to other work place. Others are in a war zone compared to these footballers, and for a buck of their salary.

Put ut this way, if Deeney is so concerned about his son then he should isolate himself from his family until the season is finished. Save your employeer from relegation and going bust seeing as they pay you millions, and then go back to being a family man when you're finished in July.

My grandfather was a captain on a cargo boat and was away from his family 6-12-18 months at a time. Its not like they're the first people in history to make som sacrifices if they stay away from their family for a month or two.

International payers leave their families every other season. It’s nothing new to them living out of a hotel for 6 weeks.

Then again, Deeney is shit.

Hardly fair.. you can get it by something innocuous like a wife going shopping and coming back with it.

However if Kyle Walker gets it.. or Serge Aurier.. we know why.

They can afford to get all essentials delivered and sanitized instead of sending their wives to the supermarket.

Bundesliga: Dynamo Dresden return two more positive coronavirus test

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/52759244

Can see the same thing happening here are the restart, so can't see the season being played out

And what's the difference to the new season then? We'll see football matches without visitors into 2021 as it looks.

I'd say restart in September or whenever it's safe, finish the season until the end of the year and switch to the calendar season until after the WC in 2022.

And what's the difference to the new season then? We'll see football matches without visitors into 2021 as it looks.

I'd say restart in September or whenever it's safe, finish the season until the end of the year and switch to the calendar season until after the WC in 2022.

I said this ages ago.. it seems the most logical way of doing things, however, problem is loads of EFL clubs will go to the wall if its delayed further..

EFL clubs are wanting the PL club to restart asap as they are expecting a government backed windfall from the PL..

What I was saying was that after the restart I can see players coming down with Covid and the whole thing being put on hold till a later date or, being scraped completely

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom