• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Covid-19 & Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Arsenal City cancelled tomorrow/today.

And so it begins....

Brace yourselves. We're not getting this title

Even if we mathematically win the league before the cancellation, they will still declare it null and void as there are other things like relegation and Europe to decide that could go on until the last day.

Sorry, but there's no hope. We're not winning this league.

Ha, but no. We will get the league regardless, I would think.

They aren't going to leave money on the table. That's all that matters to anyone here. They cancel Euros and delay a year, then do some playoffs or something to finish the CL positions off. The ratings would be incredible. Or, just play games every few days.

I've seen on Twitter about City match being postponed, but it's not on any official feed (BBC, SSN etc).
Is it deffo true?

Even if we mathematically win the league before the cancellation, they will still declare it null and void as there are other things like relegation and Europe to decide that could go on until the last day.

Sorry, but there's no hope. We're not winning this league.

Surprise, surprise.

The cheating cunts will do everything to escalate the situation and eventually get the season abandoned.

There are other aspects to consider though. WHO for example say that isolation/country quarantines are pointless (I don't know what they are basing that on though).

Of course economic considerations are important because of the damage long term quarantines can do to individuals and families via loss of employment (since many companies would go out of business) and the using up of meagre savings. Is it worth it for the relatively low loss of life ? It has never been for the 'normal flu' epidemics which take far more lives.

Of course on a personal basis families that lose members would say yes but as a state and the long term impact (on both families and the country) a nation would probably say the opposite.
It'll make a good case study for the future, comparing it's impact on different countries with how they attempted (or not) to stop it spreading.

We might learn something from all this.

So, if Arsenal players are now in 2 weeks of self isolation, there are more than just tonight's match that get impacted. And, after tomorrow, all of Wolves staff will also be in self isolation ...

So, if Arsenal players are now in 2 weeks of self isolation, there are more than just tonight's match that get impacted. And, after tomorrow, all of Wolves staff will also be in self isolation ...
If no players show any signs, then the game on Saturday will be on. They are currently day 12/14 on self isolation. Though they only started it on day 11.

If no players show any signs, then the game on Saturday will be on. They are currently day 12/14 on self isolation. Though they only started it on day 11.

That is the weird thing. My wife works at a school. And she was in selfisolation on day 12, 13 and 14 after returning from Italy.

Yeah so City v Arsenal definitely off, Wolves and United's Europa League matches behind closed doors.

Italian league prob not going to be completed

The interesting thing is that they mention a deadline of May 31st to complete season/ select champions, European competitors and relegated teams

That fucks up my fantasy football team this week the selfish pricks.

I had 3 City players having a double game week.

They keep all the points from the Man U game and those bottlers would probably only double them. So your loss of 4 points or so shouldn't Fuck it up.

At least that sets some precedent for how a league would be decided, if they go with what they've suggested - current standings determine the winners (and their points difference is only slight), while playoffs decide relegation and European qualification.

OK, so we would still be Champions? There's no "null and void" situation?

Because, honestly, that is ALL I fucking care about.

I'd have thought the Euros would get postponed and the national leagues would get some extra time, if needed, to play the games that are moved.

Doesnt sound like a likely scenario that the season would get nulled, as it would have to much of an impact on the whole league system.
Current standings would be a far more better solution if you have to cut the season short.

I'd have thought the Euros would get postponed and the national leagues would get some extra time, if needed, to play the games that are moved.

Doesnt sound like a likely scenario that the season would get nulled, as it would have to much of an impact on the whole league system.
Current standings would be a far more better solution if you have to cut the season short.

They would have to incorporate some kind of play-offs surely?

Because every team in the bottom 3 now (and also every team in the Top 6 in the Championship), would argue that it's entirely possible they could have gone on a late run of form that would propel them upwards, as has happened plenty of times before.

The only surety would be Liverpool as Champions, should we get the two wins that guarantee the title, but even then you'd have the race for the positions 3 and 4 in the league (more playoffs?).

What a fucking mess. Thanks Bat Soup eaters!

They would have to incorporate some kind of play-offs surely?

Because every team in the bottom 3 now (and also every team in the Top 6 in the Championship), would argue that it's entirely possible they could have gone on a late run of form that would propel them upwards, as has happened plenty of times before.

The only surety would be Liverpool as Champions, should we get the two wins that guarantee the title, but even then you'd have the race for the positions 3 and 4 in the league (more playoffs?).

What a fucking mess. Thanks Bat Soup eaters!

True, maybe a play off scenario is the more likely. As you say, what a fucking mess.
I couldnt care less mind, as long as we win the title.

It'll make a good case study for the future, comparing it's impact on different countries with how they attempted (or not) to stop it spreading.

I said something similar to a bunch of Americans on another forum. Some of which were blaming China for not locking it down earlier. I asked them about H1N1 which started in the USA, spread to 215 countries and killed at the very least 18,500 people. Radio silence followed.

Reactions: Y1
I've now convinced myself it's not happening, we're not going to win the league. They will cancel the season and abandon it before we have mathematically won it, e.g after this weekends round of fixtures.

I've also decided that Corona was released in a collaboration between man cheaty when they started to worry they wouldn't win the league, and the supermarkets who wanted to sell more toilet roll.

Yes, stop fucking eating cats, bats, rats, monkeys and snakes and ban wet markets, you fucking savages, and maybe we can stop zoonotic diseases entirely.

It's not fucking hard, really. China has now apparently banned the trade and consumption of wild animals, so that's a good start.*

*We can deffo trust the Chinese government.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom