• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

I might be SCMs first self isolation.

Cough. Check.
Tight chest, little short of breath. Check.
Headache. But no temperature at the moment.

Called 111. Was told to call the GP. They are closed and directed me to their website. It recommended 7 days isolation.

So I think that's me. Feel grand and that it's an over reaction.

I might be SCMs first self isolation.

Cough. Check.
Tight chest, little short of breath. Check.
Headache. But no temperature at the moment.

Called 111. Was told to call the GP. They are closed and directed me to their website. It recommended 7 days isolation.

So I think that's me. Feel grand and that it's an over reaction.

Don't get too cocky, the Chinese tend not to be heavy smokers, drinkers or obese. Hence why their only pre-existing risk was age related. In the west, the death rate of the Italians makes it seem like alcohol, smoking and being fat could be significant too.

The only problem there is you don't have a star trek transporter to materialise the compound into all of your cells at once. I could kill the virus with all manner of other non-toxic chemicals under a microscope if I wanted. In reality, you have to drop the dosage to avoid killing the human with an overdose, and then have them ingest a pill containing a tiny amount of the chemical, and then hope for the best when you statistically analyse the results. The last part hasn't been done. And the conversion rate from viable chemical to approved medicine is tiny, less than 1%.
I suspect Trump would bypass all trials and go with anything someone claimed worked - Gnat's Piss for example - so long as he could claim a vaccine had been made within 3 months as he so astutely claimed it would be.

Don't get too cocky, the Chinese tend not to be heavy smokers, drinkers or obese. Hence why their only pre-existing risk was age related. In the west, the death rate of the Italians makes it seem like alcohol, smoking and being fat could be significant too.
WTF ! Clearly you know next to nothing about Chinese habits !! They are the world's leading heavy smokers and the vast majority of those that died fall into the high fatality demographic. Probably 90% of those over 40 years old smoke .. heavily.

EDIT : oh OK got you *overmyhead*

I suspect Trump would bypass all trials and go with anything someone claimed worked - Gnat's Piss for example - so long as he could claim a vaccine had been made within 3 months as he so astutely claimed it would be.

Given his track record, he'll do it in two.

What you need is a mathematical model of the human body, which you can plug in some data about the chemicals, run the simulation, and then spit out the life-scale effect under different conditions. They don't have such a model because of how highly complex it is and not having the first idea where to start to build one. Hence clinical trials with poor bastards signing death waivers.

In another context, they also didn't know how to plug in data about the chemical and predict the industrial-scale effects in their manufacturing facility. Well until they asked me, and I derived the model, because I'm dantes. So that's why I get to look at these other researchers in their other fields, and spit upon them with disdain.
They're already using AI to develop vaccines. I'm not sure how close they are to approval yet.

They're already using AI to develop vaccines. I'm not sure how close they are to approval yet.

If you look at the small print of the code, it will say "past returns treatments are not an indicative of future performance recovery", which is all you need to say about AI.

Chinese not heavy smokers. What the fuck have YOU been smoking?

They've ordered all cafés, bars and restaurants to close here. plus other businesses where you might come in close contact with people, such as hairdressers and nail bars.

Today is the first day of it and I'm not sure I'll last two weeks of this...

Makes perfect sense for Spain & Greece to take drastic action now, in the hopes that it saves the tourist season this summer.

They've ordered all cafés, bars and restaurants to close here. plus other businesses where you might come in close contact with people, such as hairdressers and nail bars.

Today is the first day of it and I'm not sure I'll last two weeks of this...
Shave your head. I've not paid a barber for ten years. Can do it all with an electric shaver and a razor!

we're going into isolation on Monday it seems (the whole country).
super markets will stay open - and everyone has to be indoors from 7am - 7pm ... not really sure how that works as everyone will go out after surely?

Ooof. If that's the case I guess loads of others will follow. My peaceful life that I had for approx five minutes is about to be shat upon again

I extrapolated from the fact very few of their students smoke. It must be because they're spies and the discarded butts would leave too much of their DNA behind.
They have one of the highest stomache cancer rates in the world, and love to gamble, which translates to stress and potentially impacts the immune system.

89514413_2874441875924357_6168158600012234752_o.jpg

First time parents and religious freaks sure. But for any rational human being, months with no childcare, remote work and limited opportunity to play with other kids will mean thoughts of infanticide, not unprotected sex.

First time parents and religious freaks sure. But for any rational human being, months with no childcare, remote work and limited opportunity to play with other kids will mean thoughts of infanticide, not unprotected sex.

Just reverse the order and do both.

I spied a pack of 48 toilet rolls retailing at $70 Ina little food market place.

That’s about £35.

I saw someone buying it as well.

It’s fucking nuts.

Back
Top Bottom