• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Chinese "Devil Virus" - anyone worried?

Australia will be in lock down by the end of week. All overseas visitors requested to self isolate as of midnight tonight.

Just had our 4th death in circa 300 cases.

I might be SCMs first self isolation.

Cough. Check.
Tight chest, little short of breath. Check.
Headache. But no temperature at the moment.

Called 111. Was told to call the GP. They are closed and directed me to their website. It recommended 7 days isolation.

So I think that's me. Feel grand and that it's an over reaction.

All the websites say "continuous or repeated cough". The fuck that mean? My lads had a cough this weekend but mainly in the morning and night. No temp.

Gonna ring 111 later I think

All the websites say "continuous or repeated cough". The fuck that mean? My lads had a cough this weekend but mainly in the morning and night. No temp.

Gonna ring 111 later I think
Yeah, I called 111. Hopefully they are more useful in England as they extended the service to NI (as far as I know) for the pandemic. They just referred me to my GP.

I still don't have any temp. Maybe I'm overreacting but no cunt can tell me for sure.

From the beginning I felt that this was a more serious matter than some people were making it out to be. People saying that Flu worldwide kills more people.

It just seemed to me that we were not getting the whole story on the Virus and the way it was spreading. The way China put its country on lock dock, the way others followed in quick succession. Italy's reaction to the spread etc.

Now we are being told that it may be better to let the virus run its course to build up a herd immunity...

I believe that the UK Government knew all along, (and if you looked and real listened you would have known it too), that it would be only by an "Act of God" that they would get a handle on things...

The thing that made me cringe is the one where the Government says that Schools should be kept open... Their reasoning being that if Kids are at home, they will be out playing, pick it up and pass it to their grandparents, and that parents would have to stay at home to look after them there for Health workers would not be able to go into work, Doctors Nurses etc. And the economy would take a hit
Those of you how have teens (boys mainly) or grandchildren who are teens know how hard it is to get them out of the bed room and off of their X-box, PlayStation, PC, and phones and get them down stairs to eat let alone out of the house, so the Government advisors who claim that there would be kid roaming and mixing in the streets spreading the virus is so far from the truth it is laughable. Kids mixing in Schools will spread Corvid 19 far faster than if the schools are open and put the grandparents and parents at greater risk than if the Schools are closed.

And those same parents that pick it up at work, bring it home, pass it to their kids who go into school pass it to other kids, teachers dinner ladies etc., and those kids, teachers, dinner ladies that then pass it to their spouses who are doctors, nurses, par-medics etc.their parents and grandparents

As for the economy taking a hit, it already has, and besides how much more worst will it get it there are less people around to buy goods because of the Uk Government worrying about the Economy that the people...?

Apparently The NHS are short on ventilators whichs would be needed to treat Corvid 19 sufferers... The biggest manufacturers are in the States who would prioritize the US and Canada first. New Zealand The second biggest out side of the US, would prioritize themselves, Australia, Japan, and counrties near by., and wait for it...

The E.U... No prises for guessing who they will be prioritizing now that we are nolonger a part of that club ;)

The NHS has been short on ventilators for fucking years.

It's been documented repeatedly.

But the government has now, just now, months after this virus became well known, decided to try to rectify it.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.

Our office has been closed from tomorrow and all staff asked to work from home - which is easy enough - all I need is my laptop, phone & internet connection.

There’s a weird sort of atmosphere around - it all feels very surreal.

The NHS has been short on ventilators for fucking years.

It's been documented repeatedly.

But the government has now, just now, months after this virus became well known, decided to try to rectify it.

Fuck off. Just fuck off.

Rectify it by begging the private sector of "high quality engineers" to suddenly switch from making washing machines to ventilators. Because engineers of high quality can do such things. Because magic.

Our office has been closed from tomorrow and all staff asked to work from home - which is easy enough - all I need is my laptop, phone & internet connection.

There’s a weird sort of atmosphere around - it all feels very surreal.

Street are way emptier than usual, buses too, which is nice... But today in Tesco never has it been so full. Only was There for Cat food and some treats for them, and even on a buzy day I am only quening for 10 minutes or so. Today it was 40 minutes plus...

If there is anyone here that needs Toilet paper, or pasta, here where I live, in Tottenham there is all you want in the Turkish shops, of which there are plenty. If where you live does not have those (Turkish) shops; try your local corner shops and small supermarket shops. You pay a bit more but you will get what you want hopefully

Last edited:
Street are way emptier than usual, buses too, which is nice... But today in Tesco never has it been so full. Only was There for Cat food and some treats for them, and even on a buzy day I am only quening for 10 minutes or so. Today it was 40 minutes plus...

If there is anyone here that needs Toilet paper, or pasta, here where I live, in Tottenham there is all you want in the Turkish shops, of which there are plenty. If where you live does not have those (Turkish) shops; try your local corner shops and small supermarket shops. You pay a bit more but you will get what you want hopefully

Tottenham. Bog roll for sale at a premium in the numerous local Turkish shops. Which are like corner shops.

Got it.

Fuck this.

The wife's cousin in Italy was 34 and asthmatic. He died today alone in the local hospital. They tried to to get an internet connection via some iPad mini to his closer family which failed. The poor fucker died in full consciousness. He got a 'NCR' sign which means 'non candidate di rianimazione'. That meant he didn't qualify for ventilation. They simply don't have the facilities anymore.

Lads, I'm in tears here. Heaven help us.

RIP, Tommaso.

Forza Atalanta.

Fuck this.

The wife's cousin in Italy was 34 and asthmatic. He died today alone in the local hospital. They tried to to get an internet connection via some iPad mini to his closer family which failed. The poor fucker died in full consciousness. He got a 'NCR' sign which means 'non candidate di rianimazione'. That meant he didn't qualify for ventilation. They simply don't have the facilities anymore.

RIP, Tommaso.

Forza Atalanta.

Sorry to hear this news Holle - I hope your wife, and her family, are blessed with health and no more stories like this.
YNWA

Fuck this.

RIP, Tommaso.

Forza Atalanta.
Hectic, frightening times when a 34 year old doesn't qualify for ventilation.

Hectic, frightening times when a 34 year old doesn't qualify for ventilation.

He was quite sick to be fair. But we aren't in the stone age anymore???

This is truly grim.

All the best to you and your dear ones.

Tutto il meglio, fratello.

Our friend's dad died the other day of the virus, he was the first victim in Greece. He was 66.

Yeah, there was a few on that pilgrimage who fell ill.

We had a whole bunch of S Korean tourists who came here already sick and no one knew ... they were in perfect areas to do 'damage.'
As I said earlier, the whole country is basically in lock down now ...
day 1 with 4 kids at home and fuck me, I'm struggling.

We had a whole bunch of S Korean tourists who came here already sick and no one knew ... they were in perfect areas to do 'damage.'
As I said earlier, the whole country is basically in lock down now ...
day 1 with 4 kids at home and fuck me, I'm struggling.
We're in day two, essentially. Number one has been off school since Tuesday or Wednesday and the wife has been working from home. Saturday morning all the playgrounds etc were shut and lots of businesses were ordered to close. Luckily we live in an area that has gardens and places for the kids to play outside. I don't know what the families who live in other areas of Athens are doing.

Terribly sorry to hear about the passing of your family and friends Holle and Athens.
May their souls rest in peace.
YNWA

Fuck this.

RIP, Tommaso.

Forza Atalanta.
Really sorry to hear that Holle. RIP.

Here in Austria we go into virtual total lockdown (bar food runs) on Tuesday.

Well that's America gone

Arkansas pastor claims church members willing to 'lick the floor' to prove coronavirus a hoax
by Madison Dibble
| March 15, 2020 05:09 PM

A pastor from a Baptist church in Conway, Arkansas, expressed concern about his congregation's reaction to the coronavirus.

Rev. Josh King, the lead pastor of Second Baptist Church, reported that members of his church think the coronavirus is a hoax promoted by liberals. He told the Washington Post that some of Arkansas's parishioners were willing to go to great lengths to prove there was nothing to fear about the COVID-19 virus.

"One pastor said half of his church is ready to lick the floor, to prove there’s no actual virus," King said after meeting with several other Baptist pastors to discuss halting church services.

Sunday services are a key practice in the Baptist community, leaving many pastors to be hesitant to call off services no matter how severe the coronavirus outbreak gets. King noted that closing churches could be misinterpreted by some who don't believe in the severity of the illness.

Back
Top Bottom