• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we win the title ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone predicted that we would beat Arsenal and we were taught a lesson so I don't know who to believe anymore.
I was pretty sure we'd lose that game especially with a 5-3-2 formation. Think I even posted it on here.

However as I am totally clueless with regards to the title I am of no real use anyways.

Someone will win it though. Eventually. That's all you get.

we can beat everyone at anfield. Away at OT and City will be very tough. If we win big away games and carry on stuffing teams at home yeah we can win it

I think as said, the key is stuffing the lesser teams while bettering any shit results we get in the reverse fixture.

I was pretty sure we'd lose that game especially with a 5-3-2 formation. Think I even posted it on here.

However as I am totally clueless with regards to the title I am of no real use anyways.

Someone will win it though. Eventually. That's all you get.

;)

That wasn't experience, it was bottle, and we had none that year.

Yes, all those draws, 11 of them weren't they? I would have preferred to have lost five and won six of those .

While we turned the skanks over twice, Benitez woke up too late to the fact that you needed to beat the lower teams teams to win the title.

This an open season but we really need to take our chances and not fritter.

Spurs are not looking their best either and Boas seems to not know his preferred team yet. Will cost them points along the way.

Spurs are quality. Their last 3 or 4 performances would have made us look ordinary. But, and it's a huge but, they've got the problem we had in previous seasons. They dominate with wonderful football but just don't score.

We've got two of the best strikers in the league - they've not really got a striker and it's cost them hugely. They'd be on top, IMO, if they'd had a natural goal scorer. Hopefully AVB doesn't see this as something to correct in January.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, all those draws, 11 of them weren't they? I would have preferred to have lost five and won six of those .

While we turned the skanks over twice, Benitez woke up too late to the fact that you needed to beat the lower teams teams to win the title.

This an open season but we really need to take our chances and not fritter.

3 opportunities that year to pull away when top, we put in some of our worst performances in those games too :(

Something tells me that a Rodgers team will always try and win, whereas a Rafa team definitely went out, on occasion, not to lose.

this is a bit of a "If you find a medal on your neck in May, you're a champion" kind of prediction!
It's quite clearly a "we will finish ahead of United and Arsenal but probably behind City and Chelsea" kinda prediction.

If we sell a few, buy one and send out this team by the time we play Hull game in January, I think we can win it
Pogba is in most reports earning less than £1 million a year(poor guy), we must be able to tempt him.
Juventus are bottom of their Cl group with a match at home to Copenhagen and away to Galatasaray to go, if they don't qualify for the knockouts we should definitely chase up Pogba. If nothing else it would pop a blood vessel somewhere on Ginsoak.

...............Mignolet.................

A.....DECENT.....BACK.....LINE

...........Henderson/Lucas..........

........Gerrard...........Pogba.........

Suarez.......Sturridge......Couthinho

He is a £50M player already though.

I still do agree however, let's go all in on this lad, could be our future Gerrard in terms of impact and influence for the next 10-15 years.

Spurs are quality. Their last 3 or 4 performances would have made us look ordinary. But, and it's a huge but, they've got the problem we had in previous seasons. They dominate with wonderful football but just don't score.

We've got two of the best strikers in the league - they've not really got a striker and it's cost them hugely. They'd be on top, IMO, if they'd had a natural goal scorer. Hopefully AVB doesn't see this as something to correct in January.

At our best we've been every bit as good. SaS are tremendous but they couldn't be doing it all by themselves. And I'm not yet sold on AVB himself.

Last edited by a moderator:

I still do agree however, let's go all in on this lad, could be our future Gerrard in terms of impact and influence for the next 10-15 years.

The chumps have come out and said they'd want more than Bale went for. I can see him running down his contract to move for the big bucks.

Hes nowhere near that good, by that I mean he would improve our midfield but paying 50 millions for him would be the most insane transfer ever

KHL mate, don't get all your hopes with people agreeing with you that Pogba is a real talent. There is no way that LFC or Brendan Rogers would sign him. If we sign a midfielder it will be below the £20m mark.

Hes nowhere near that good, by that I mean he would improve our midfield but paying 50 millions for him would be the most insane transfer ever

I disagree mate.

Well I agree that no footballer should be worth that amount but seeing as that is the case he is one of few that should/could be up there in the current market.

I don't remember seeing such a young player in his position play with such confidence, talent and ability without any apparent weaknesses, since a young Gerrard made the CM spot in Liverpool his own. In a thread on here a while back, I suggested that we paid Bale money for him and whilst that was obvious going out on a limp that's how massive a player I think he is gong to be.

I disagree mate.

Well I agree that no footballer should be worth that amount but seeing as that is the case he is one of few that should/could be up there in the current market.

I don't remember seeing such a young player in his position play with such confidence, talent and ability without any apparent weaknesses, since a young Gerrard made the CM spot in Liverpool his own. In a thread on here a while back, I suggested that we paid Bale money for him and whilst that was obvious going out on a limp that's how massive a player I think he is gong to be.
You are so going to be disappointed come jan.

I disagree mate.

I agree hes quality, and still only 20, but thats a price bracket reserved for established world class players. Consider the fact that nobody offered more than 40 mil for Suarez, are you saying that Pogba is a already better player? Maybe he could be worth that in a few (3?) years but not yet, no way. At this point in time I dont think anybody would pay above 30 million for him

Anyway, Id love to see him play for us but it aint going to happen, if he were available Chelsea and City would be all over him

He has 2 years left to run on his contract this summer so I expect Juve will be looking for cash in, it will be interesting to see where he goes. Id imagine every major club bar Utd will be monitoring it

I agree hes quality, and still only 20, but thats a price bracket reserved for established world class players. Consider the fact that nobody offered more than 40 mil for Suarez, are you saying that Pogba is a already better player? Maybe he could be worth that in a few (3?) years but not yet, no way. At this point in time I dont think anybody would pay above 30 million for him

Anyway, Id love to see him play for us but it aint going to happen, if he were available Chelsea and City would be all over him

He has 2 years left to run on his contract this summer so I expect Juve will be looking for cash in, it will be interesting to see where he goes. Id imagine every major club bar Utd will be monitoring it

And there was me thinking we were still a major club ourselves! If we get CL I dont see us having any trouble attracting the top names again....

Or am I wrong to think this?

Totally agree with Sumo - with the right attidude, we are going to be winning ALOT of games at home, and getting more wins than draws away from home will be key. A big problem of ours in the past has been beating the fodder. After a couple of big wins, lesser teams will hopefully not be so confident of "nicking something" when they face us, allowing us to get quite a few more 3-0, 4-0s.

I think it is difficult to compare Suarez and Pogba, but personally I think Suarez is worth much more than £40M. You would have to pay relatively more for Pogba's potential than with Suarez whom is at his peak however, established world class player.

How was his break with United btw, was it ugly? Hope it was ugly, don't want to see them get back in for him.

Anyways I believe Juve will look to tie him up to a 5-year-deal at least would certainly increase his value massively.

You are so going to be disappointed come jan.

I don't expect us to be in for him at all, I personally just think it would be the right way to go.

Drop the Albertos, Aspases, Illoris, Coates, Borinis, Cissokos etc. and go for a few proper class players and instead promote our own youngsters at this stage.

The squad is already pretty good without any of the above mentioned players that have fetched quite a fee combined, what it lacks is a few world class players in central positions imo.

Ilori and Alberto could still be top class

I hope we keep on buying the likes of Ilori, Alberto and Borini, but middle of the road-ers like Cissokho and Aspas are hard ones to fully comprehend.

I get more and more excited by transfer window's these days! Although that isn't hard as post the Carrol/Torres window, I hit a real low!

I think Pogba will end up leaving Juve but we are not going to be able to compete with the likes of Real Madrid for his signature. We lack the money and the pulling power.

Pogba is a talent, but has he shown anything close to Gerrard's character and leadership?

As France were losing in Kiev today, Pogba didn't do anything to drive his team forward, didn't try to create something through sheer will like Gerrard did countless times when his team needed him. Overall he still was one of the better France players, I thought, but comparisons to Gerrard… there is no basis for that now. Gerrard, from very early on, was not only a talent, but a leader. Pogba is just a talented player.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom