• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we win the title ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
We CAN but I seriously doubt we will.

A couple of injuries and suspensions here and there and we will struggle, especially up front.

How does the table look like for 2013?

[article=https://twitter.com/BassTunedToRed/status/399911046724329472/photo/1]
BYzE-mqCIAATE_l.jpg
[/article]

Obviously we can win the title but we won't, I don't think we have the squad to do it. If one of the SAS get injured we will look a bit light and there doesn't seem to be anyone from the midfield who will chip in.

This can also be said of most of our rivals' strikeforces too though .... and most of them have CL/EL matches to worry about that will inevitably take their toll sooner or later.

This can also be said of most of our rivals' strikeforces too though .... and most of them have CL/EL matches to worry about that will inevitably take their toll sooner or later.

Utd have Hernandez and welbeck, city have Dzeko and jovetic.

Our number 3 strikers is ?? Morgan,?? Or at Sunderland???

We don't have depth in the scoring dept

This reminds me of the season rafa should have delivered us the title.

I think we can win it but our inexperience at the death may cost us.

That wasn't experience, it was bottle, and we had none that year.

Moses would probably be our 3rd choice striker.. I don't think he is much worse than Welbeck as an option but I get your point that we are heavily reliant on those who start with limited real threats on the bench.

It is criminal that Jovetic is a bench warmer!

Aspas should be back in a few weeks. He may not be rated on here but he has to be as good as Welbeck.

Welbeck isnt really a striker anyway. He's a decent player that is more like a winger than anything else.
His goalscoring rate is horrendous no matter how you look at it though.

And who do Arsenal have ? Spurs ? Chelsea ? Everton ?

I don't think we can win it this year, barring a big spend that has an immediate impact in January.

I don't think we can win it this year, barring a big spend that has an immediate impact in January.

I think we can. But we have to remain focused on one game at a time. A good signing that meshes in January, in the middle of the park, and it's a stronger claim. But one game at a time. Slow and steady..

Chelsea have torres, ba, Etoo

Difference being they have myriad midfielders who can score

Talking in work about this the other day.

The Europa league is and will cause Spurs problems.
The CL will spread an Average Utd squad pretty thin and on top of that. The cups can really make a difference in the Feb-April period when the FA Cup & CL and 'lesser' cups are in full flow.

Keep Suarez fit, get Coutinho up to speed and get in 1 or 2 talented players in Jan and I firmly believe we could be there or there abouts.

I don't see why we have any more ifs than Arsenal ( cazorla,Ramsey & Ozil must stay fit)

Utd (RVP & Rooney)

Chelsea (Hazard, Mata, Oscar)

City (Aguero & Negredo)

Playing few games than those four can only be a good thing in that respect. I still wouldn't like to call the final 4, let alone the Winner however and I strongly suspect that will remain the case until pretty late in the season.

Exciting times ahead...

I think we'll be up there or thereabouts in May. Could we go all the way? Well, everything is possible in this crazy league. City have lost 4 games already and Chelsea should have lost at home to WBA this weekend.

We have huge advantage this season with no European football and we should be able to keep our squad pretty fresh for each league game. We have the smallest squad and have to keep our key players injury free. Thats the big unknown.

If we're still in it by January I think we're real contenders. We'll see what this team is made of in December.
Bar Carroll we've done some excellent business in the January transfer window. If we can pull off a great midfield signing and maybe add some attacking qualty - then I think we'll at least get 4th.
I'm pretty hopeful that we got something exciting lined up.

I'll be happy with fourth place, I don't think there's a chance we'll win the league, but I am confident we are heading in the correct direction.

Talking in work about this the other day.

The Europa league is and will cause Spurs problems.
The CL will spread an Average Utd squad pretty thin and on top of that. The cups can really make a difference in the Feb-April period when the FA Cup & CL and 'lesser' cups are in full flow.

Keep Suarez fit, get Coutinho up to speed and get in 1 or 2 talented players in Jan and I firmly believe we could be there or there abouts.

I don't see why we have any more ifs than Arsenal ( cazorla,Ramsey & Ozil must stay fit)

Utd (RVP & Rooney)

Chelsea (Hazard, Mata, Oscar)

City (Aguero & Negredo)

Playing few games than those four can only be a good thing in that respect. I still wouldn't like to call the final 4, let alone the Winner however and I strongly suspect that will remain the case until pretty late in the season.

Exciting times ahead...

Pretty much how I sum it up. .

We get through the December fixtures relativity unscathed. Strengthen in January, particularly the midfield we are in with a shout..

Depends on what happens in January. As it stands, I don't think so. The midfield isn't strong enough to pick up enough points against the better sides.

Depends on what happens in January. As it stands, I don't think so. The midfield isn't strong enough to pick up enough points against the better sides.
If we keep beating the lower sides whilst other teams draw and lose I think we still have a chance to be up there. Teams keep dropping points where they aren't expected to

I'm so used to everything falling to shit that my instinct is that everything is about to crumble. I'm afraid my Scouse boom-bust cycle is broken. I should be thinking we might win the league this year by now. Having said that, our title challenge should really be over by now too.

I'm so used to everything falling to shit that my instinct is that everything is about to crumble. I'm afraid my Scouse boom-bust cycle is broken. I should be thinking we might win the league this year by now. Having said that, our title challenge should really be over by now too.
Snap

The other sides will get better, or at least one of them will. Doing what we have been doing will get us into the Champions League, but we'll have to beat the bigger sides to have a shot of winning it. We'll know more about the capabilities of this side after December,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom