• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Can we win the title ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

6TimesaRed

Not a Bot....
Administrator
The premiership is insane this season, everyone is beating each other. .

Can we capitalise on this and win the title. . ?

11 games in and City have lost 4 games already, Chelsea need strikers, UTD are nothing special, Arsenal will have their usual wobble at some point.

Well, technically anything can happen.

The table, as it stands, suggests that we are contenders. The top teams, as you say, all look pretty beatable and inconsistent at the moment. If Suarez and Sturridge stay fit and so forth and so forth. There are arguments to be made in our favour, sure.

Will we win the title?

It's pretty damn unlikely, isn't it...

Obviously we can win the title but we won't, I don't think we have the squad to do it. If one of the SAS get injured we will look a bit light and there doesn't seem to be anyone from the midfield who will chip in.

Having said that if we are within 3 point in Jan then we are properly in with a chance.

We will never have a better chance than this season to win the Premier League & establish Liverpool as a top, top, top, top club.

Confidence & belief are key.

If we can do the business over Xmas then we can do this.

The owners must do everything they can to support the squad in January.

Not impossible, but probably not.
The key is obviously consistency.
As long as we don't lose too many matches and if / when we do, we bounce back immediately (saw a stat about our record under Mr. Rodgers being 9 wins & 2 draws in games after losing the previous game), then surely it's possible.
It's as open a league as I can ever remember it being.

Fuck it, I say YES, WE CAN!

Well, technically anything can happen.

The table, as it stands, suggests that we are contenders. The top teams, as you say, all look pretty beatable and inconsistent at the moment. If Suarez and Sturridge stay fit and so forth and so forth. There are arguments to be made in our favour, sure.

Will we win the title?

It's pretty damn unlikely, isn't it...

Pretty much.

Are we title contenders? Yes.
Will we win the title? No.

However, I'd much rather we were title contenders than contenders for fourth place as we usually are. You know, reach for the stars hit the moon and all that.

We will never have a better chance than this season to win the Premier League & establish Liverpool as a top, top, top, top club.

Confidence & belief are key.

If we can do the business over Xmas then we can do this.

The owners must do everything they can to support the squad in January.

I fear we may have already blown it by then. That December run is going to be horrific and it's really going to define our season.

Silly question - I assume it is rhetorical? (that is a rhetorical question, so no response needed)

Of course we WILL win the title

I think if we can get through to January within a few points of the top then anything is possible, but personally I don't think this squad is deep enough to withhold the challengers without a couple of good additions.

Probably not, but if we can go for the rest of the season without injuries / suspensions to the usual suspects then you never know.

Probably not, but if we can go for the rest of the season without injuries / suspensions to the usual suspects then you never know.

This is it, and we probably won't believe unless we can stay there or thereabouts until the new year, then there's a different level of belief and that's probably what will separate the also ran's from the real contenders.

Like I said in the other thread, if we can get at least 3 points off all the big sides and continue to do most of the minnows, we're on the right track. It's a tall ask but there's not many teams we should really be fearing, not with our strike force.

This reminds me of the season rafa should have delivered us the title.

I think we can win it but our inexperience at the death may cost us.

Anyone saying yes, please take a look at our December fixture list. Spurs away, City away, Chelski away.
Mathematically it's possible, it's possible for Crystal Palace too.
We need to focus on getting in the top four, which I think we can do this year due to loads of people dropping points. If we lose those 3 games in December, which isn't out of the realms of possibilities, and the people around us all win theirs, we could find ourselves in 7th of 8th place or something.

IF, we win all our December fixtures, first off I'll get absolutely ruined on new years eve, and then I'll start believing it's in the bag.

Anyone saying yes, please take a look at our December fixture list. Spurs away, City away, Chelski away.
We need to focus on getting in the top four, which I think we can do this year due to loads of people dropping points. If we lose those 3 games in December, which isn't out of the realms of possibilities, and the people around us all win theirs, we could find ourselves in 7th of 8th place or something.

IF, we win all our December fixtures, first off I'll get absolutely ruined on new years eve, and then I'll start believing it's in the bag.

Or the flip side of looking at that is that we have an easier run in the second half of the season.

Yes it's a very hard run, but we have to play them regardless, it doesn't matter when, we can only look at what we've done so far, and so far, we've done very well.

I do agree that those are the games that will make or break our season. If we get five points from those three (huge ask I know) we're going to do good this season.

The most positive way of looking at it is just taking each game and our current position as it comes. At the minute we shouldn't be concentrating on the idea of finishing in the top four, we should be concentrating on winning as frequently as possible and to just keep this going.

Of course we can win it but it's very unlikely without reinforcements. If Rodgers can pull off another 2 Sturridge/Coutinho-type coups and find us a top CM'er and either a centre forward or a left back within our budget then who knows. First things first we need to stay well in contention until the transfer window opens, if we're within 6 or 7 points of top by January then we just have to hope Rodgers can sniff out a couple of gems - and who knows maybe Jordan Ibe might break into the team in the 2nd half of the season and become an instant star*.

*On this note; every world cup there is always a player who comes from nowhere 6 months before the world cup and plays themselves into contention for world cup squad inclusion - I'm calling it.............Jordan Ibe will be in England's world cup squad!

This is the answer closest to what I think. Also, I just dare not believe. I just cant. Not after we won late at Fulham in 2009 and I really really really believed that was the omen we would win it.

I was going to put a bet on earlier this year that we would win it in 15/16...

I think we will get back into CL then strengthen further due to the ability to attract top talent again.

Its slowly coming together, lets not have anymore false dawns.

I think the current bookies odds reflect just how open this season's title battle is........................

Man City 3/1
Arsenal 7/2
Chelsea 4/1
United 5/1
Liverpool 7/1
Spurs 35/1
Southampton 150/1
Everton 190/1
1000/1 Bar

I think the current bookies odds reflect just how open this season's title battle is........................

Man City 3/1
Arsenal 7/2
Chelsea 4/1
United 5/1
Liverpool 7/1
Spurs 35/1
Southampton 150/1
Everton 190/1
1000/1 Bar

Cheeky punt on Southampton anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.