• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Pre Match Arsenal (A) - Sunday 16:30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ball from Grav to Diaz was nicely played, now let's put in the 2nd half performances we usually put in.

Dislike how we're apparently fortunate, yet their goal was clearly a fucking painting by god. Fucking parried in to an empty net. If he didn't score it'd be more impressive

I don't think anyone covered themselves in glory there but I also think Klopp got it wrong up front. The equestrian nightmare would have provided way better movement for our midfield to see gaps.

This frustrates me, just like the FA cup game, everyone talking as if Arsenal should four ahead, despite not really forcing any big saves from Allison and only scoring off of a Van Dijk brain fart.

Arsenal cause us so much trouble because they don't seem to play with any forwards, even when Firmino was here, both Salah and Mane played as inside forwards, Saka and Martinelli don't, they're both wingers, Martinelli a bit more direct, but he's hardly playing as a forward. As a result they have six players between our midfield and defense, which makes it a nightmare for our players to play out, winning tons of turnovers, but as a result they have no one attacking the ball in the box, leaving them looking thoroughly impotent.

This isn't to say we haven't been poor and that Arsenal weren't the better team, that much is obvious, I'm just fed up of the narrative that the only reason Arsenal aren't running away with this due to our extreme luck, it's Artetas tactics, or at the very least the types of players he plays inside the tactics. It's comical the amount of times Arsenal crossed the ball and no ones been in the box to attack it, because the attackers are more interested in hanging around outside the box to keep us penned in on the eventual turnover.

This frustrates me, just like the FA cup game, everyone talking as if Arsenal should four ahead, despite not really forcing any big saves from Allison and only scoring off of a Van Dijk brain fart.

Arsenal cause us so much trouble because they don't seem to play with any forwards, even when Firmino was here, both Salah and Mane played as inside forwards, Saka and Martinelli don't, they're both wingers, Martinelli a bit more direct, but he's hardly playing as a forward. As a result they have six players between our midfield and defense, which makes it a nightmare for our players to play out, winning tons of turnovers, but as a result they have no one attacking the ball in the box, leaving them looking thoroughly impotent.

This isn't to say we haven't been poor and that Arsenal weren't the better team, that much is obvious, I'm just fed up of the narrative that the only reason Arsenal aren't running away with this due to our extreme luck, it's Artetas tactics, or at the very least the types of players he plays inside the tactics. It's comical the amount of times Arsenal crossed the ball and no ones been in the box to attack it, because the attackers are more interested in hanging around outside the box to keep us penned in on the eventual turnover.
Fucking completely on the money

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom