• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ajax vs Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should have just gotten knocked out yesterday then, to save us from this nervous jittery feeling....
Fuck that.

Are we gonna get the same people who have been preaching this «we wont catch City» for the last few months, predicting a loss to Spurs for the next few weeks?

I already predicted that a while ago.

Well, not so much of a prediction, but just an illustration of how unfairly gut-wrenching this season could be, despite how good we've been.

If we are pipped in the league by City having amassed 90 plus points, then lose the CL final then I don't think I could hark back to this season with any real nostalgia and positivity. It would be horrible. To lose the final to Spurs would be a fucking piss take.

Fuck it, people will whinge at me even though I'm talking sense. We're going to win the double.

They were only better than us in the second half at Anfield. We were better in the first half.

All English ties are horrible but at our best we're better than them at their best.

UCL Liverpool vs (someone English)

Our record is not too shabby

[emoji56]

Wait, Spurs were better than us at Anfield? I seem to remember winning 2-1.
To be honest, in every game we have played them, they have been better than us in the 2nd half, this has been the case for the last 2 seasons. They really play like a Spanish side, and did we honestly think we were gonna have ot easy ? The side that beats Man City in the CL will always have a good chance of getting to the final. This should have always been expected.

One good thing that does make me laugh is Braca, they bought Coutinho from us after unsettling him ... for 150M, they really should have bought Moura for 25M !!! I remember me wanting Moura so bad for us, but was very pleased to see him be rather average for Spurs for most of last season, and early this season. Unfortunately the cunt is playing well now.

Anyway, we never get it easy, and no doubt if was ajax we had to face then it would have been the torment of the likes of Alavez again. I am used to it now, so should most of you.

I do have confidence in the side. But Spurs is a much tougher team than Ajax. Nothing wrong with saying that. Loads of other people are saying it but you're singling me out. We should beat Spurs, but as Pesam says, it's a close call. They're a good, well-balanced side, they'll have important players back for the final, they were the better side at Anfield this year and have given us tough games for the past couple of seasons. I'd rather play a shit team in a final than a good one.

As for confidence in the side, I thought we'd beat Barcelona when the draw was made. We're better than Spurs. We should win on paper. But we've got a much tougher draw than had we played that Ajax team who were poor. I'm not being defeatist or anything. I'm not saying I'd rather we weren't in the final. So pack it in.

I've no problem with the idea that we'd probably do better against Ajax.

I've got a problem with being all worried about playing spurs, when we were on cloud nine waking up this morning, wondering whether it was all a dream.

Why are these cunts acting like beating Ajax 3-2 away is even a touch on beating Barcelona 4-0? Christ I fucking hate Spurs, even though they won me £150 tonight, I hope we destroy them.

I personally would have prefered Ajax primarily because Spurs have played well against us in recent memory and it will be a war not only that but 2 of my colleagues are Spurs fans and I fucking hate Spurs...

That said...

I think we are the best team in Europe.

https://talksport.com/football/5338...uld-return/amp/#click=https://t.co/QDvEsrcoLa

3 weeks is touch and go for his injury after just coming out of protective boot.
Spurs have a much poorer win rate with Kane in the team and if he plays then it's likely Moura won't start. I expect us to dominate possession so Moura's pace on the break could well be more dangerous against us.

I hope Kane does start, isn't match fit and gets subbed off after 70 mins of stinking up the pace. It can be his warm up game for the Nation's Cup.

Last edited:
Need to post this oldie to remind you people!

aoG03rJ.gif

They need to worry about us

Fuck that was brutal for a good Ajax team. I really feel for them. I would prefer to meet them in the Final but we have to take it anyway.

Spurs have some amazing second halves under Poch. So this final will live the whole way. Lets hope They are in top 4 come monday so only the win is at stake.

Fuck that was brutal for a good Ajax team. I really feel for them. I would prefer to meet them in the Final but we have to take it anyway.

Spurs have some amazing second halves under Poch. So this final will live the whole way. Lets hope They are in top 4 come monday so only the win is at stake.

They're in top 4 unless they lose by 8 goals to the blueshite this weekend

Look Spurs are good and we are more used to playing each other and we've seen some very close contests recently....

Fuck em...

We are the better team by far, the table doesn't lie that much, and we have got a good chance of winning but there are certainly no guarantees eh...

As for preferring Ajax, I didn't prefer Ajax because they are weaker, I don't think they are weaker than Spurs at all, I just don't work with any Ajax fans and would not be prone to Ajax cunts if they were lucky in the final.

I would have preferred that Ajax side over Spurs, primarily because if they maintained their "Philosophy" against us we would have annihilated them. They showed a lot of naivety in that second half. In particular in the 93rd minute Tadic taking that shot on at a difficult angle rather than turning and running to the corner in the space that the full back who'd been pulled out of position left is downright criminal.

Spurs are the trickier of the two no doubt, they know us well and will adjust accordingly. Kane looks like he will definitely be fit for the final as well.

Although our record against Pochettino Spurs is pretty good. Last 6 games we won 4 drawn 1 lost 1.

This site is full of bottlers

Liverpool are Mentality Monsters

We have lost 1 game in the league all season..

Klopp will treat it as if its a League game..

100pts and a Trophy here we come

In the bag

Last edited:
We have been in this position before. Spurs haven't. We'll deal with the nerves better etc etc.

Whilst we need to not get complacent. I'm happy we've got Spurs rather than someone like Barcelona or Juve over 1 game.

Last 11 games away from home, spurs have won 2 (including that one last night).
Our away record is fantastic.

We prepare well, we should lift number 6.

#Believe

I don't like the over confidence on here, Spurs have knocked out City and an Ajax team that knocked out Real, Borussia, and qualified from one of the toughest groups with Inter, PSV and Barcelona. They can justifiably think it's their year too.

I reckon the 60/40 is about right.
Bottler

This site is full of bottlers

Liverpool are Mentality Monsters

We have lost 1 game in the league all season..

Klopp will treat it as if its a League game..

100pts and a Trophy here we come

In the bag
Liverpool are fucking mentality monsters, is how Jurgen put it

I would have 100% preferred Ajax but I think we are going to see another level from our team in this. Remember the warm weather training camps making us peak for the summer, and then think about just how intensely we bullied Barca off the pitch running about 15km more than them in the game. Salah couldn't want to win this trophy more - he's a wounded animal and is going to take up all of Spurs' focus when he covers every blade of grass, looks to be the recipient of every ball etc.

Tough game, but we've beaten the champions of France, Portugal, Germany and Spain to get here. If we perform to our plan, we win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom