• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ajax vs Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep - time to beat the champions of a small part of North London now.

Think I'd prefer the mouth breather to start (and fail), than to come off the bench as a potential saviour for them ,..

I would have 100% preferred Ajax but I think we are going to see another level from our team in this. Remember the warm weather training camps making us peak for the summer, and then think about just how intensely we bullied Barca off the pitch running about 15km more than them in the game. Salah couldn't want to win this trophy more - he's a wounded animal and is going to take up all of Spurs' focus when he covers every blade of grass, looks to be the recipient of every ball etc.

Tough game, but we've beaten the champions of France, Portugal, Germany and Spain to get here. If we perform to our plan, we win.
Don't forget Serbia

I would have 100% preferred Ajax but I think we are going to see another level from our team in this. Remember the warm weather training camps making us peak for the summer, and then think about just how intensely we bullied Barca off the pitch running about 15km more than them in the game. Salah couldn't want to win this trophy more - he's a wounded animal and is going to take up all of Spurs' focus when he covers every blade of grass, looks to be the recipient of every ball etc.

Tough game, but we've beaten the champions of France, Portugal, Germany and Spain to get here. If we perform to our plan, we win.

Indeed we shouldn't forget Serbia, nor should we overlook that we may ourselves be English Champions.... ;)

And don't forget the support we are going to have from fans of Chelsea, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Fulham, and West Ham

And Man City. Surely they would rather we got to 6 than Spurs beat them to 1 European Cup.

They all probably would prefer a meteor to hit Madrid rather than us or Spurs winning it

And don't forget the support we are going to have from fans of Chelsea, Arsenal, Crystal Palace, Fulham, and West Ham
Not convinced by that at all

A LOT of teams despise us

In fact I saw a tweet earlier saying "If youre not supporting Spurs you're a Tory"

My ghast was flabbered

Add in the fact our support will outnumber theirs by about 2 to 1. No way they will be as vocal as we will.

Add in the fact our support will outnumber theirs by about 2 to 1. No way they will be as vocal as we will.
I was wondering this, I'll be really disappointed if Madrid isn't clearly fucking red,we should have the numbers on them right? I think theres more Liverpool fans in London the Spurs, let alone the whole country.

On the subject of who'll support who, anecdotally, I've noticed lots of neutrals who want us to win it over Spurs, I guess it's for the same reason they don't want us to win the league. We're known for winning the champions league, we're giants of Europe and Spurs aren't. Similarly, City are known for winning the league, we aren't, neutrals don't like new winners.

On the subject of who'll support who, anecdotally, I've noticed lots of neutrals who want us to win it over Spurs, I guess it's for the same reason they don't want us to win the league. We're known for winning the champions league, we're giants of Europe and Spurs aren't. Similarly, City are known for winning the league, we aren't, neutrals don't like new winners.

Plus, if they start winning shit, they have to potential to grow massively in a short period of time now they have that stadium. Listened to some financial fella on a podcast the other day, their ground is almost paying for itself over the next year or so thanks to a shitload of multi-purpose events they have.

They also seem very well represented in the media, not unlike ourselves.

It is almost the same reason they don't want us to win the league, in that a win signifies the potential for a shift change going forwards.

Anyone else thinks Erik ten Hag is trying to go for a Pep look

ajax-manager-erik-ten-hag-gestures-on-the-touchline-during-the-semi-picture-id1140299129

iniesta-and-guardiola.jpg

I was wondering this, I'll be really disappointed if Madrid isn't clearly fucking red,we should have the numbers on them right? I think theres more Liverpool fans in London the Spurs, let alone the whole country.

The fact we got a 24 hour drop on them means there were no flights, hotel rooms or air B&Bs left in Madrid by the time they got to the final. That city is ours.

Plus, if they start winning shit, they have to potential to grow massively in a short period of time now they have that stadium. Listened to some financial fella on a podcast the other day, their ground is almost paying for itself over the next year or so thanks to a shitload of multi-purpose events they have.

It is almost the same reason they don't want us to win the league, in that a win signifies the potential for a shift change going forwards.

Good post, and I agree. But if you use 'going forward' again I'll put a hit out on you.

What, they're expecting to generate £900m in revenues over the next year from match receipts, craft ales, nice pies and the odd American football game and concert?

If we lose the final against this bunch of wannabes and our team finishes trophyless then football can fuck off.

The possibility that this Liverpool team could lose yet another European final - to fucking Spurs - and ending the season with nothing at all, is enough to make me think about roping myself.

Vertonghen left the stadium in a protective boot last night, and it seems that he has a ankle ligament injury.
Will be big loss for them if he misses the final.

Can someone, who knows, please tell me that all this shit, and the possibility of an all England Europa League final, doesn't mean that Utd can qualify for next season's Champions League

Can someone, who knows, please tell me that all this shit, and the possibility of an all England Europa League final, doesn't mean that Utd can qualify for next season's Champions League
No chance.
You can relax

Phew. Lot of texts and tweets went to Man u fans about wondering if you could buy a sat nav with Azarbaijan on it for Ole's car.

Phew. Lot of texts and tweets went to Man u fans about wondering if you could buy a sat nav with Azarbaijan on it for Ole's car.

United will either qualify for group stages of Europa if City win FA Cup or into the second qualifying round if they dont. I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom