• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Ajax vs Spurs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halmeister

Some sort of pun about having a well known member
Kick off in under 2 hours. Who do we want?

Perhaps naively I want Ajax, though I've had people convince me that they're actually really good and a real threat. I haven't watched them.

I just hate Spurs. Really hate them. I try to keep it quiet, so this may come as a shock, but I do.

Anyway, I do not want Spurs in the final. They'll patch up that slobbering oaf Kane just in time for the final, like an even more hideous incarnation of Frankenstein's monster. The thought of him winning it just does not bear thinking about. They'll probably knight him on the spot.

Plus Spurs are a good, physical side, capable of hurting us, and they were the better side the last time we met them in the league and deserved something from the game.

I said when the draw was made that this could shockingly end up the most depressing season ever, being pipped to the title despite a points tally in the mid-90s, and getting beat by these gimps in the final.

Let's hope I'm wrong, as per.

I'm plumping for Spurs 2-1 on the night.

Ajax please, Tottenham know us too well and the 3 weeks might rectify how knackered they've looked recently.

.....well anyone? or does it really matter who we smash on June,1st

Kick off in under 2 hours. Who do we want?

Perhaps naively I want Ajax, though I've had people convince me that they're actually really good and a real threat. I haven't watched them.

I just hate Spurs. Really hate them. I try to keep it quiet, so this may come as a shock, but I do.

Anyway, I do not want Spurs in the final. They'll patch up that slobbering oaf Kane just in time for the final, like an even more hideous incarnation of Frankenstein's monster. The thought of him winning it just does not bear thinking about. They'll probably knight him on the spot.

Plus Spurs are a good, physical side, capable of hurting us, and they were the better side the last time we met them in the league and deserved something from the game.

I said when the draw was made that this could shockingly end up the most depressing season ever, being pipped to the title despite a points tally in the mid-90s, and getting beat by these gimps in the final.

Let's hope I'm wrong, as per.

I'm plumping for Spurs 2-1 on the night.
ok you beat me to it by moments, so how do I delete the thread I created?

I don't care who we get.. arguably Spurs are the weaker out the two though without Kane.

He'd be back for the final to make it all about him. They'll have a few others back too. Give me Ajax.

I'm surprised by many of the responses here. We have a decent record against Spurs.

Ajax are fearless, young and full of confidence, and have beaten Juventus, Real Madrid and Spurs away from home. They won't be overawed by getting to a final. They've got nothing to lose. Spurs bottle it more than the Heineken factory.

Bring on Spurs, I say.

I'd prefer Ajax as they are weak on set pieces.

We are one of the best.

They have beaten old men in Real, Juve and a patched up, injury ravaged Spurs.

I think they are playing with belief, but I still think they're inexperienced and in the final it will catch up with them.

Spurs know us too well and in all the games we've played them this season, it's been close and 1 or 2 better decisions on their part would have seen them winning/drawing. As much as they always bottle it when the pressure is on, this game would be a free hit for them somewhat as we would be favourites.

PRefer Spurs. 9 out of 10 games, we should batter them. Kane will be rushed back, won't be anywhere near fit enough, and definitely not match fit. Would be easily shepherded by our back line. Ajax is an unknown. We could batter them, or it could be a close run thing. Better the devil you know.

Ajax please, we can out press and out fight them. They won’t have faced a team anything like us, Spurs won’t have the same shock factor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom