• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Winners and losers under Slot

I'm assuming those UEFA twats distinguish between British and English. Buggers

It’s noting to do with that - it’s to do with seperate FA’s for the home nations - which would be each individual FA’s choice rather than UEFA’s decision.

Didn’t team GB get special dispensation to play at the London Olympics?

To qualify as “Home Grown” you have to have been registered with a club in that FA for 3 years before turning 21. (Possibly 15+).

I presume the Welsh players get round it by having all their decent teams registered with the English FA.

Non-Home Grown would be a more accurate term if your pendantry needs to be fully satisfied. Happy to call them that from now on.

You get all sorts of weird results - like Ronaldo, Fabregas, Saliba, etc all classified as HG - while there’s a chance Jude Bellingham wouldn’t, even though he was born in England and spent 9 years at Birmingham - as he moved to Germany aged 17. (If the 15+age rule holds up).

Haaland, amusingly isn’t home grown but could also have played for England having been born there. First case ever of a Plastic Scando.

Robbo didn’t play in England until he was over 21 - therefore he’s not home grown.

I’m sure you know this.

As encouraging as Nyoni has been, I wouldn’t be overplaying him yet - I don’t expect him to get many minutes outside of cup sub appearances.
I know but it still pissss me off. Stupid rule and I want to blame UEFA for everything even if it's got nothing to do with them they still deserve it.

The home nations currently hold a lot of power as a collective within UEFA which has historically pissed off UEFA. They would love to force a single national side for GB & NI

I know but it still pissss me off. Stupid rule and I want to blame UEFA for everything even if it's got nothing to do with them they still deserve it.

Let’s be honest… it’s hardly an issue these days for the “one in a generation” Scot who’s actually good enough to play for a top team.

We have this generation’s and the next one- and we got in early enough on “Wee Ben” to make him Home Grown.

Players who will struggle under a Slot system.
I think Konate could struggle as we now play out from the back he could be targetted by the opposition as he isn't that great on the ball
Gomez, we all know he can at any moment be bambi on ice
Trent, I honestly feel Slot will find it hard to place him in the squad without losing something

Gravenberch then added when asked about working with Slot: "[He's made a] Really good impressions. He really wants to play football and me personally as well. So, happy that he's here and happy that we can train and play."

-----

I guess Klopp didn't want to play football 🤣

We’re not losing Saturday 12:30 kick offs. Ipswich away first game and then again away to Palace on the 5th of October*. Nothing dodgy to see here. Carry on.

*provided we aren’t away in Europe the previous Wednesday otherwise it will be moved.

Back
Top Bottom