• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Why England will at least get to the World Cup Final....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rafanomenon

6CM Follower
It could be because Rooney is excelling as a loan striker which will allow a perfect fit for both Gerrard and Lampard in the same team, a mesmerising thought but no.....

Is it cos Joe Cole is getting back to fitness or that Lennon has been so fantastic for Spurs, or because Capello is spoilt for choice for great attacking English talent coupled with a solid back four that we will undoubtebly have?

No.....

Its because my girlfriend is due to have our second baby on the 11th July and I can guarantee there will be no TV in the delivery room and even if there was I would get my head kicked in for looking at it!!

Bad timing?? Probably but thats what Sky+ was invented for!!

30 odd views and not one reply?

And it is a wonder why lurkers don't post!!

I lurk every day because I like the community here, I think it is intelligent, witty and honest and one of the most free-flowing forums I visit however you need to start giving new people a break.

Not that I am new but I rarely post topics and would think twice about doing it again when no response is offered.

*will regret reading this in the morning when he is sober - god damn you vodka*

hey ho, who gives a fuck!!

Here's a reply.

Right now I couldnt give a flying fuck about England or the fucking World cup.

Good luck to you and your Mrs though

[quote author=Jack D Rips link=topic=38882.msg1053323#msg1053323 date=1265843498]
Here's a reply.

Right now I couldnt give a flying fuck about England or the fucking World cup.

Good luck to you and your Mrs though
[/quote]

Northern Ireland fan here, and right now I couldnt give a flying fuck about the fucking World cup and I never give a flying fuck about England.
But I would also like to wish you and the Mrs good luck.

Keep dreaming peasants... round of 16 exit on penalties for you... against the Aussies too :laugh: .... in all seriousness though, that would be a great fixture in the round of 16 8)

Also, best wishes to you and your missus 8)

Last 8 elimination on penalties I think. Good luck with the delivery though, a healthy baby will be more of a reward than any WC win.

We are going to do well this time, Rooney and Gerrard will inspire us!!

Regardless of that, thanks for the kind words about the new arrival!

I've genuinely never noticed this 'Fraser' character before. 400 posts too, cripes.

Anyway, welcome Fraser.

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38882.msg1053344#msg1053344 date=1265844750]
I've genuinely never noticed this 'Fraser' character before. 400 posts too, cripes.

Anyway, welcome Fraser.
[/quote]

I only remember you because of your avatar :laugh:

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38882.msg1053348#msg1053348 date=1265844980]
Funny. I remember for you for dancing like a mong to shit music.
[/quote]

Purely for the entertainment of this forum Ryan :laugh:

Anyway, welcome Fraser.
[/quote]

I have just changed my username to Fraser which is more memorable - see my footnote:

Formely unknown as Rafanomenon, soon to be unknown as Fraser!

Thought I might get a bit more personal rather than be so anonymous - I have also only had my avatar for about 2 hours!!

[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053351#msg1053351 date=1265845289]

Anyway, welcome Fraser.
[/quote]

I have just changed my username to Fraser which is more memorable - see my footnote:

Thought I might get a bit more personal rather than be so anonymous - I have also only had my avatar for about 2 hours!!
[/quote]

Ahhh, that makes things a lot clearer.

-no idea-

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38882.msg1053353#msg1053353 date=1265845412]
[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053351#msg1053351 date=1265845289]

Anyway, welcome Fraser.
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ahhh, that makes things a lot clearer.

-no idea-
[/quote]

Ah well, no different to any other full time lurker I suppose!

I don't think England will make the final but that's largely because I just don't see the creativity and steel in midfield.

I think Gerrard and Rooney could be and will be a frightening prospect for any opposition team and I also expect our back four to be very solid.

All that said I don't think Lennon is up to the task of causing the menace needed at that level, Lampard doesn't have the steel or creativity needed IMO which leaves only Joe Cole. He's the key for their chances and if he can somehow play to his best and add that flair or creative spark to give Gerrard and Rooney some space then they'll be a major threat. I just don't think they've got the midfield necessary to keep the ball and make things happen in the centre of the park and that's the downfall.

I might add that I wouldn't give the Argies a hope in hell of making an impact - Mascherano included. They barely made an impact in South America and are genuinely lucky to be going to South Africa at all.

[quote author=Wizardry link=topic=38882.msg1053358#msg1053358 date=1265845744]
I don't think England will make the final but that's largely because I just don't see the creativity and steel in midfield.

I think Gerrard and Rooney could be and will be a frightening prospect for any opposition team and I also expect our back four to be very solid.

All that said I don't think Lennon is up to the task of causing the menace needed at that level, Lampard doesn't have the steel or creativity needed IMO which leaves only Joe Cole. He's the key for their chances and if he can somehow play to his best and add that flair or creative spark to give Gerrard and Rooney some space then they'll be a major threat. I just don't think they've got the midfield necessary to keep the ball and make things happen in the centre of the park and that's the downfall.
[/quote]

I think their inability to retain possession affects them more than anything. They'll hurt teams when they play at 100mph, but you can't do that for 90 minutes 7 or 8 times in a month. Against top quality opposition, they give up possession too easily, and end up chasing around like mad, growing tired, frustrated, and inevitably end up with 10 men.

There'd be an argument for playing Carrick ahead of Barry, but the latter offers more from a defensive perspective I suppose.

I think England will bore their way to the semis but I can't see them winning the whole thing. I only think they'll make the semis coz there seems to be few really good teams about at the mo.

I think England's downfall will be due to the lack of a genuine 'trequartista'.

I think Gerrard can do a very good job in that role, but he will really need to improve his intricate play around the box to take England to that next level.

[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=38882.msg1053388#msg1053388 date=1265848752]
reason why england won't win the world cup: rooney is not and is unlikely to ever be a loan striker
[/quote]

Heskey will start up front alongside him though.

I don't agree, Capello will see Rooney playing well up front on his own and will think that Gerrard will find it easy to link up with a world class striker while allowing Lampard to plasy aswell.

Its a win win situation for England and a prospect that most national teams would like to have, my team for Englands first game, injuries allowing:

James/Green
Magic Jar Jar Terry A Cole
Lennon Lampard Barry J Cole
Gerrard
Rooney

That would be feared by most teams and I doubt anyone could argue with that, even swap Carrick for Barry and its stilll good!!

[quote author=Ryan link=topic=38882.msg1053389#msg1053389 date=1265848793]
[quote author=Gerry_A_Trick link=topic=38882.msg1053388#msg1053388 date=1265848752]
reason why england won't win the world cup: rooney is not and is unlikely to ever be a loan striker
[/quote]

Heskey will start up front alongside him though.
[/quote]

Well, that would certainly be the nail in the coffin.

I might be missing it and there's an inside joke but Rooney being unable to play as a lone striker???? He could do it easily - particularly if Gerrard is playing in behind him.

[quote author=Fraser link=topic=38882.msg1053396#msg1053396 date=1265849391]
I don't agree, Capello will see Rooney playing well up front on his own and will think that Gerrard will find it easy to link up with a world class striker while allowing Lampard to plasy aswell.

Its a win win situation for England and a prospect that most national teams would like to have, my team for Englands first game, injuries allowing:

James/Green
Magic Jar Jar Terry A Cole
Lennon Lampard Barry J Cole
Gerrard
Rooney

That would be feared by most teams and I doubt anyone could argue with that, even swap Carrick for Barry and its stilll good!!
[/quote]

Looks good from an attacking perspective but, as I said, I don't think they can keep the ball well enough in midfield and that would see, IMO, good teams absolutely raping them down Lennon/Johnson's side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom