• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Touchel chooses England

Instead of being shocked / embarrassed / outraged and what not maybe there needs to be some reflection and genuine discourse on why England actually does need a foreign coach.

And whilst we're at it, perhaps why out of the current top 10 in the Premier League, there is only one English manager.

This sort of shit is why I only switch on for the game and avoid all pre / post match chat and even then, still have to suffer through the punditry.

View: https://www.instagram.com/reel/DBLq2QHixAc/?igsh=MTlqeW90bHhkMHFsbQ==

I know I’m in the England can fuck off camp, but the outrage in this clip stinks of bigotry.

Agreed. A lot of African and Asian nations have employed European coaches and it has helped them improve by embracing their greater experience. I don't personally rate Tuchel as I think he is a nob, but the idea that Eddie Howe, for example, could do a better job with limited experience outside the Premier League smacks of English exceptionalism. If you were talking about a foreign coach with a limited grasp of English who would be unable to communicate his ideas to the players then I could understand, but that's not what you're getting with Tuchel. He's intense, knows his shit, can communicate and has managed across multiple European leagues and extensively in UEFA club competitions. I just don't think he will connect with his players in the same way that, for example, Bobby Robson, Terry Venables, even Gareth Southgate did. All of those guys got a team to the semis or better of European Champs and World Cups. Sure, luck and home advantage played a part in some of those runs, but you can only beat what's in front of you.
If there were an equally qualified English manager then by all means go for that guy because it will motivate future English coaches to think they can aspire to the job, but there isn't anyone of the same quality. Not even close. And those stats about the time coaches spend learning in England v Germany largely expose why that is the case.

Carsley said all along he didn’t want the job, Touchel is a bit of a idiot but should do well but will he lift a trophy as manager I’m not sure. It was funny when we played Greece at Wembley and their fans singing European champions you can never sing that.

Regardless pretty brave of FA to go foreign again. Still English press and ex player twats like Carra and Neville still answer whom why an English manager has never won a PL or CL.

You really do have to wonder how a country of backward thinking fuckwits always needs to look abroad for major roles. It's baffling

I read somewhere that to get top coaching qualifications here, it's less than 300hrs of study time.

In Germany alone, its closer to 900 hours, plus a refresher every 3 years to retain the licence.

I'd wager other countries are the same. That's before UEFA licences I'd think.

Yet the English media and supporters wonder why very few English coaches are successful, not only here but abroad too.

Gary banging on about we don't have our own style when most successful premier league teams play 4-3-3 or a variation of that, is just baffling too.

Herein lies the biggest problem that Tuchel will face:

herein.jpg

Link: https://youtu.be...
/UQecScaK5uA?t=257

And that is the media. Tuchel will be castigated by the English media for the selections he makes. Including by various club-interests, such as MU, for every decision he makes. And as you can see, there are already very negative voices circulating about England having hired A FOREIGN COACH. The knives are already very much out. In that sense, England is a very, very different place than the US. Stuff like this in England also always borders on racism and xenophobia, and these issues are commonly presented and discussed in the media through the invocation of racist and/or xenophobic overtones.

The biggest challenge for Tuchel will be A. managing the media as well as B. managing the media's effect on his players and the dressing room. Especially once he finds himself at the tournament. And THAT actually was Southgate's best and strongest attribute. Southgate, who is English, knew how to manoeuvre such things and he did a very good job. Tuchel will likely struggle with that more than him and that will in part be because 1. he is not English (he might, for example, bench an English media darling without knowing that he has done that) and because 2. the knives will be out for him in some media quarters as they already are.

Actually, that is perhaps always THE greatest challenge ANY manager of the England's national team faces, regardless of their nationality. The English media tends to have a very negative, divisive and corrosive effect on the performance of their national team.

BTW, those are extremely strong, near-racist or near/xenophobic comments by Neville. He said that foreign coaches have "DAMAGED" English coaching. Imagine if someone in the US media would say that hiring Pochetino "damages US coaching." That would be an extremely xenophobic thing to say. Hiring foreign coaches can and should be seen as an opportunity to learn from the best coaches around regardless of their nationality. Coaches should be hired on the basis of their merit and skill, and they should also . b e . j u d g e d . like that including on the basis of their results. This here what Neville has stated is almost already a textbook definition of xenophobia (or racism, as those two terms are often used interchangeably).

And notice what Neville says here: "If we're not going to promote English coaches in our own country then we can't ask anybody to promote English coaching either in the PL or in the leagues around Europe." This what Neville says here is a primitive, retrograde and backward thinking. Promotions and coaching promotions should be made on the basis of skill, merit and capability. People who work on TV should be smarter. People in England and in the English FA should focus on finding ways to promote skill, merit and capability. And they should not focus on finding ways to promote English coaches just because they are English and regardless of such things. D u m b .

Link: https://youtu.be...
/UQecScaK5uA?t=290

And look where Neville is going with this:

racism.jpg

Neville wants Tuchel to be "questioned in a difficult way" because he is a foreigner, or because England has hired a foreigner. This is now actually bordering on open and overt and very aggressive xenophobia or racism. Lets suppose that some people in the American media are not happy that the US soccer governing body has hired a foreign, Spanish coach like Pochetino. That could be possible. But surely no one thinks that Pochetino should be "questioned" about that and should be "questioned" about that "in a difficult way." It is sure not Pochetino's fault that he was hired and that the American soccer federation hired a foreign coach. And so it is also surely not Tuchel's fault that the English FA has hired him and HE should surely not be questioned about that. This what Neville is saying is escalating an overtly xenophobic or racist opinion onto another level of aggression. I personally find this to be truly disgraceful and dumb and will for that reason not watch the rest of that interview. I find this extremely appalling.

I am not very familiar with the US soccer/football federation, nor with the US national team. So I don't know whether xenophobic and racist things like this are perhaps prevalent there too. But I would personally be very surprised. I am just supposing that things like this would not be the case in the United States of America when it comes to the national soccer/football team. But I do not know that. I am just supposing that absent possessing actual knowledge about that.

As one example of the United States of America you can see on the video below that both black and white individuals were part of gunslinging gangs in the American Wild West. When it came to the the American Wild West it didn't really matter much who is what nationality or race. Gunslinging was what was more important. And it is The Wild West and gunslinging that created the United States of America. For if you think about it, the whole US is the West from the European (or old world) perspective that colonized the continent. So that every and any part of the US was at one point of its history a "Wild" and unexplored "West."

View: https://youtu.be/uhYLfK8GSr0

This video can also be very, very instructive in other ways too. As you can clearly see, the lone gunman shot and killed the other three gunmen wannabes. But perhaps not all three of those other gunmen wannabes who acted as a group should've died. It can perhaps be the case that some of them died just because they were part of the group they just so happened to have find themselves in.

l o l

Or to use a football analogy. Some of those three gunmen wannabes perhaps show promise and do not deserve to go dead quite just like that.

lol

ps In my opinion, the difference between a gunman and a gunman wannabe is always a matter of a duel. So that, therefore, there is always only one real, true and best gunman around. At least according to the logic, rules and laws of the American Wild West. Which, I was told, this online football forum is all about. And which I am learning to accept. 🤣

Bad choice, we will now see Mason Mount for England in place of Foden who should not be anywhere near the England team.

View: https://youtu.be/r2lT4oE4DxE?si=9IhN9QLVFRpgXe25

They're bought by someone else but he doesn't know that and not smart enough to figure it out:

bought.jpg

So Harmonica tries to help him later on. But to no avail. That Harmonica fella is way too naive in this movie. He tries to help people around.🤣🤣🤣

ps Who should watch for those false notes? lol 🤣

Now you're just writing gibberish like one of those spam emails you used to get 10 years ago.

Again and as I've explained above, these things in England often and regularly invoke xenophobic and/or racist overtones. English reporters are now going around the league and asking English coaches whether they were contacted by the FA in regard to the appointment. That in itself is a very inappropriate thing rooted in bigotry. And they ask them questions such as: "Are you bothered that you were not contacted?" Imagine American journalists going around the US league asking American coaches if they were contacted and if they were bothered with Pochetino's appointment or with not being contacted. Such a process would serve to flame xenophobic and racist attitudes across the US league, and then within the public more generally. I don't think such things happen in the US, but as you can see they are very common in England.

Link:
/BARp6poecuU

Back
Top Bottom