• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Touchel chooses England

England wins the World Cup for the first time since 1966 - with a German no less. The headlines write themselves

I think Tuchel will do good. Sure, England have a track record of making world-class players and managers look like mongs, but at the moment I cannot see how this will NOT work. He is a top level tactician and his style is especially suited for cup competitions. I think the positive contrast with Southgate will be huge.

I think Tuchel will do good. Sure, England have a track record of making world-class players and managers look like mongs, but at the moment I cannot see how this will NOT work. He is a top level tactician and his style is especially suited for cup competitions. I think the positive contrast with Southgate will be huge.
Really? Sure you can say it can work but you can’t see how it will NOT work? Anything less than winning the WC will be a failure and the English team is just not that good, add in his history of spitting the dummy publicly(which the English media will destroy him for), player egos and his super abrasive coaching style, then there are definitely a host of reason it may ‘NOT work’.

Really? Sure you can say it can work but you can’t see how it will NOT work? Anything less than winning the WC will be a failure and the English team is just not that good, add in his history of spitting the dummy publicly(which the English media will destroy him for), player egos and his super abrasive coaching style, then there are definitely a host of reason it may ‘NOT work’.

Well, I don’t quite judge it by that standard - winning is never guaranteed and even some of the best teams in history can come up short, like Holland in 1974.

My standard is playing cohesive football, creating a system that takes advantage of the abundance of attacking talent in this generation’s England squad and holding their own even against Europe’s leading teams (let’s face it, Southgate’s team were outclassed against Spain and it would have been the same against Germany). If Tuchel can do all that, he will have been more successful than any England manager I can remember.

The England Job is probably the only one in the world that just requires you to be a tactical genius, which Tuchel clearly is.

These are the world's best players, and they are all dying to play for England. There is no need to motivate, develop, or manage players, or maintain any long term relationships.

Jude does all the motivating for Trent. He even pops out of a cake for him. They'll be giving the rest of the team pep talks in their St George's Cross underwear while Declan pretends to massage Saka's leg injury.

I'm not so sure in all honesty. He's been on a downward spiral since the CL win in 2021. His latest stint at Bayern wasn't very good and his last season was filled with falling out with people at the club and calling out players.

Yes, he has proven in the past that he is a good tactician but he'll have the media against him from the start and that combined with his negative personality and charisma like a cactus will be a recipe for disaster after a few bad results.

Think England took a wrong turn here but lets see.

He could do real well, but he would need the press on his side, and I am not sure they will be patient and respond well to his erratic character.

This is good example of why there are so few good English coaches/managers these days:

English FA allows pro coaching license with only 256 hours of course study. German Akademie requires 815 hours of study followed by on going courses every 3 years for renewal. There is a reason many German coaches are successful.

Pretty savvy appointment. I doubt he'll stick around for more than a contract but who knows. By taking it he must recognise the potential of this England team and it's potential to actually win something. I'd rather the FA moved for him than United sacked Hag and replaced them with Tuchel.

I'd find him having another weird breakdown and imploding the FA equally fun, however there's not really that much to get pissed off at. Well paid, London life, Travelling around watching footie, only being under pressure a month every other year.

I'll leave the whining about his nationality to the gammons of the Daily Mail. Such a non-issue.

I think Tuchel would have been pretty bad for Utd as well, but now that has Southgate written all over it which makes it even better.

Tuchel will at least play Trent as a RB. No more stupid decisions and misuse of such a fantastic footballer.

Back
Top Bottom