• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Takefusa Kubo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hyena

Very Well-Known

View: https://x.com/Fooootest/status/1814371447437140003?t=sq1BmjL1a4wLEtFFYBtaNw&s=19

Article : from Japan
It was revealed on the 19th that the prestigious English club Liverpool is preparing a penalty fee of 65 million euros (approximately 11.145 billion yen) and an annual salary of 15 million euros (approximately 2.57 billion yen) to acquire Japanese national team midfielder Takefusa Kubo (23, Real Sociedad). This was revealed by multiple English sources. If the transfer goes through, both will be the largest contracts in Japanese soccer history.

Kubo's name has been raised as a candidate for Liverpool since the end of last season as a successor to Egyptian national team striker Mohamed Salah, whose contract expires next summer and who may be transferred this summer. In February of this year, he extended his contract with Real Sociedad until June 2029. The set penalty fee (transfer fee) is said to be 60 million euros (approximately 10.28 billion yen), but Liverpool is preparing a penalty fee of approximately 11.1 billion yen that exceeds that and an extraordinary annual salary of approximately 2.6 billion yen.

He's not for us anyway.

Release clause is 60m one quote above mentions we will go above the release clause? Um no.

No articles from English sources. Seems the Japenese media have jumped on one fan boys tweet from 3rd of May. And exaggerating the interest.

Caught him in action in the Asian cup, wasn't too impressed. Lee Kang-in of PSG, a similar type of player and age, is a better player.

If we’re signing La Liga wingers, the only worthwhile options are Joaquin or Simaõ.

Oh sorry, I thought we’re still in 2008 for some reason.

[Sponichi] Takefusa Kubo to Liverpool. Kubo's agents have already arrived in England. The negotiations seem to be in the final stages of finalizing the details, and an agreement may be reached soon.

Shit, this might be happening. Is he really a Salah replacement?

Feels like we're replacing Salah with the Japanese Elliott. I'm seriously puzzled by this.

30 games
7 goals
4 assists

Not really filling me with confidence - would much rather Bakayoko. Kubo doesn’t seem to be prolific as a goal scorer or assisting

Season before was 9 and 9 from 35 games.

I just watched the first few minutes of a "This Is Why Liverpool Want Takefusa Kubo" video and can't say it was very persuasive. Looks super lightweight and rather average.

Would be interesting to hear from Sociedad fans.

30 games
7 goals
4 assists

Not really filling me with confidence - would much rather Bakayoko. Kubo doesn’t seem to be prolific as a goal scorer or assisting

Season before was 9 and 9 from 35 games.
Yeah, well its going to be hard to replace Salah.
What we get from Kubo is technique, creativity and unselfish play.
Bakayoko is more direct, quicker and more of a goal threat based on last season but he's also playing in the Dutch league.
I'd argue that Kubo is more proven at this stage in their careers.

Honestly, I'm not overly impressed with any of them.

takefusa-kubo-takefusa.gif

I take it all back. I'm sold.

[Sponichi] Takefusa Kubo to Liverpool. Kubo's agents have already arrived in England. The negotiations seem to be in the final stages of finalizing the details, and an agreement may be reached soon.

Shit, this might be happening. Is he really a Salah replacement?

Feels like we're replacing Salah with the Japanese Elliott. I'm seriously puzzled by this.
Serves you right for all the Salah threads you started over the last 5yrs 😉

Loving all the misgivings over this transfer (assuming it happens) - they remind exactly of what people were saying about Mane & Salah back in the day

Is he the Japanese Pennant then? Feels more like the Japanese Aspas to me

The source in Japan is appaz not very reliable. The same source said Endo was going to the Olympics a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom