• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Suarez SIGNED. Welcome to Liverpool Luis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Suarez paves the way for Anfield switch as Babel nears the exit door

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261313#msg1261313 date=1295894102]
[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261309#msg1261309 date=1295893949]
They're talking about 'women in football' not women in general, I wish people would stop cheapen the issue of racism by comparing the two.

I'm a traditionalist when it comes to the game, I wouldn't want to see a female player playing for a PL team, nor would I want to see a female manager managing a male team, so why a female ref? And it is against the grain of things, so aren't people entitled to question it?

Sorry mods, I know this is in the wrong thread, Sunny if you can move the last few posts into the other thread, pls feel free.
[/quote]

I'm not moving anything love. You'll only change your mind in a minute anyway and then blame me for being unable to find it.

[/quote]Hahahahaha post.of.decade.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261304#msg1261304 date=1295893590]
Oh come on. It's totally blown out of proportion, wow men of a certain age having a moan about women in the game.

I don't see what the big deal is.
[/quote]

So Big Ron casting lazy racial stereotypes is wrong, but Keys and Gray using sexist stereotypes is ok?

Ugh, pls pls pls stop comparing racism to 'women in football': not the same.

Either way it's a prejudice though neets

Using a term such as the N word goes way beyond football, and is a far more emotive subject than to question whether or not women understand the offside rule, it's not something that carries 100s of years worth of enslavement and oppression. This is a debate that is limited to football, not beyond, calling someone the N word is far beyond the confines of football. Please stop cheapening something to massive to make such a trivial point on the large scales of humanity.

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=43645.msg1261348#msg1261348 date=1295896934]
Either way it's a prejudice though neets
[/quote]

For fucks sake will all you all stop trying to educate Anita and trying to put complicated information into her tiny little mind. Next thing she'll have wild and dangerous opinions, the venomous harradan.

Harry Enfield - Women know your limits

Rumour is that Comolli walked out on Ajax and the negotiations this morning, as they wanted more money then what was agreed before the weekend. He's still in Amsterdam though, and it's hardball from both sides.

Sounds as it isn't over yet. If this is true.

Neets is just doing her contrarian/devils advocate thing. I don't think she believes what she is saying, because it's an incredibly weak argument.

Oh whatever, I can't believe how sanctimonious everyone's being. I don't remember everyone being so appreciative of the female commentator. I wonder if everyone's position would be the same if it wasn't Gray and Keys' that had said it.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261358#msg1261358 date=1295897432]
Oh whatever, I can't believe how sanctimonious everyone's being. I don't remember everyone being so appreciative of the female commentator. I wonder if everyone's position would be the same if it wasn't Gray and Keys' that had said it.
[/quote]

Did that video teach you nothing about having an opinion ?

Seriously though, I think it's done to individual as to what level of offence they take from these comments. If that's Anitas view on that then people should simply respect it. Sexist pigs.

Female commentators can get to fuck to be honest.

I don't give a crap who does the line.

Isnt there a separate thread about Gray and Keys? Anyway they showed themselves up. As for the female commentator, she was just shite.

Anyways, back to the thread, I'm glad Comolli walked out of talks if they just decided to bump the fee up. Fuck 'em. They're just playing games now.

Whilst Suarez is a decent player and would improve us, he's not the be all and end all.

[/quote]

Well, that's mainly because she was a bit shit,Neets.

This official on the other hand was better than most we've seen.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=43645.msg1261361#msg1261361 date=1295897744]

[/quote]

Yeh I hated the female commentator. Wasn't that she was a woman. It was that I hated her drony passionless voice.

i didn't mind the lady commentator. It was quite refreshing for a woman to talk about something i actually gave a shit about

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261194#msg1261194 date=1295888741]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261186#msg1261186 date=1295888471]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261176#msg1261176 date=1295888277]
[quote author=Herr Onceared link=topic=43645.msg1261170#msg1261170 date=1295888156]
]I dont believe they have changed the price Mark. If we baulked at thier asking price we should have walked away 2 weeks ago. I dont think anyone is saying buy at all costs and damn the torpedoes. But we KNEW the price. Pay it or move on.
[/quote]

But that's just what you believe mate. What if (and none us know for sure) that it is true. We agreed a price and Ajax changed it. What do you say then?
[/quote]Id say its a remarkable coincidence that it keeps happening to us. And its amazing that Ajax (a club steeped in tradition and history) have never been outed for these kind of dastardly shenanigans before.

Id say the truth of it is a bunch of fucking know it all tweeters have been saying its a done deal for two weeks and now look like what they are, a bunch of out of the loop motherfuckers so the rumour begins they are being unreasonable. Its crap mate, you know it.
No way, NO WAY does comolli agree a fee, then fly out there to sign the paperwork to be met with a different price when he arrives. Come the fuck on.
[/quote]

Fucking el Andy. With that answer, a career in politics surely beckons.

So, if there was irrefutable facts that showed Ajax agreed and changed their mind when we flew over the sign the deal it would still be our fault?

I'm putting a hypothetical question forwards here. Just pretend it's true. Then answer. Honestly. Go on. You know you can.

[/quote]

If there were irrefutable facts that showed the attempted rape and pillage of the club never actually occurred and that the Yanks actually put in more money than went out on interest would our collapse still be their fault ?

[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=43645.msg1261356#msg1261356 date=1295897390]
Neets is just doing her contrarian/devils advocate thing. I don't think she believes what she is saying, because it's an incredibly weak argument.
[/quote]

Like I said, they're obviously wrong for saying what they did, and I more than anyone totally disagree with them: I'm a female football fan.

But I just think the whole thing's being blown out of proportion. Is anyone surprised that two fifty-something year old men think this? Really? No. So let's not all act like it's shocking that they do.

And like I said, everyone on here is just going to town on them, cos it's them. Would we be saying the same if it was Alan Hansern? Of course not.

But hearing people compare it to racism is just plain pissing me off. It's not the same, they're comments didn't include broadly recognised sexist terms, instead what they said was specific to football, what Ron Atkinson said was not, the term that he chose to use goes well beyond football. The two cases cannot be compared.

[quote author=Krump link=topic=43645.msg1261361#msg1261361 date=1295897744]

[/quote]

i'd rather listen to foreign commentary than a woman.

[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261360#msg1261360 date=1295897695]
[/quote]

Seriously though, I think it's done to individual as to what level of offence they take from these comments. If that's Anitas view on that then people should simply respect it. Sexist pigs.
[/quote]

See you can be nice when you make an effort, all is forgiven. Now get your backside in the kitchen and fix my dinner biatch!

[quote author=Rosco link=topic=43645.msg1261367#msg1261367 date=1295897889]
If there were irrefutable facts that showed the attempted rape and pillage of the club never actually occurred and that the Yanks actually put in more money than went out on interest would our collapse still be their fault ?
[/quote]

Even if they put their own money into the club and not borrowed then yes it still would be. They hire and fire the management team so the buck stops with them.

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261372#msg1261372 date=1295898026]
[quote author=Sunny link=topic=43645.msg1261360#msg1261360 date=1295897695]
[/quote]

[/quote]

See you can be nice when you make an effort, all is forgiven. Now get your backside in the kitchen and fix my dinner biatch!
[/quote]

You can fuck off, I'm at me mothers now.

maybe i'm being sanctimonious or hypocritical, it's possible obv, but to me their comments are just obviously offensive, and probably just about worthy of the sack imo. i get that its not as 'bad' as racism, in that the suffering of women due to sexism pales in comparison to the suffering of races due to racism, but it still casts them in a very bad light. the point that it's not surprising is irrelevant: i wasn't really particularly surprised by what ron atkinson said either - he's also 'from a certain generation' (of morons, as mel brookes might say) - but he still thoroughly deserved the sack.

Anita only wants us to sign him cause she fancies him.

Trufax.

What happened to this thread?
Can we get back to the player we can't for the love of God agree a fee for?

Rumour has it Comolli is still in Amsterdam.

30%

[quote author=Hansern link=topic=43645.msg1261381#msg1261381 date=1295898198]

30%
[/quote]

you're not ryan. Stop trying to be ryan. At least try it in fractions to differ yourself from the herd

30%
[/quote]

WTF, what's he playing at? surely comolli should have completed the deal by now. must be busy with other matters, 😉

[quote author=Fabio link=topic=43645.msg1261382#msg1261382 date=1295898383]

30%
[/quote]

you're not ryan. Stop trying to be ryan. At least try it in fractions to differ yourself from the herd

[/quote]

3/10 chance? Is that alright? 30/100?

Anyway for all those who don't think he's worth the money. Not only has he scored 81 in 108 games. This is his assists stats:

2010-2011 - 26 games 11 assists
2009-2010 - 60 games 27 assists
2008-2009 - 62 games 23 assists

SIGN HIM PLEASE

[quote author=LadyRed link=topic=43645.msg1261368#msg1261368 date=1295897892]
[quote author=Farkmaster link=topic=43645.msg1261356#msg1261356 date=1295897390]
[/quote]

Like I said, they're obviously wrong for saying what they did, and I more than anyone totally disagree with them: I'm a female football fan.

But I just think the whole thing's being blown out of proportion. Is anyone surprised that two fifty-something year old men think this? Really? No. So let's not all act like it's shocking that they do.

And like I said, everyone on here is just going to town on them, cos it's them. Would we be saying the same if it was Alan Hansern? Of course not.

But hearing people compare it to racism is just plain pissing me off. It's not the same, they're comments didn't include broadly recognised sexist terms, instead what they said was specific to football, what Ron Atkinson said was not, the term that he chose to use goes well beyond football. The two cases cannot be compared.
[/quote]

Agreed, it's not surprising.

I disagree that it's because people hate them. There'd be just as much uproar if it was Alan Hansen.

The point that you are making that just doesn't make any sense is your attempt to compartmentalize a generalization. If I said "African Americans are not capable of being Engineers" it would be a deeply racist thing to say. It wouldn't not be racist because I was applying my racism to a specific pursuit, and that my terminology wasn't racist.

I don't see the difference between the statement "African Americans are not capable of being Engineers", the statement "Niggers are dumb", it's just that the second is more crass.

It's not the same as racism, but it is just sexism, and the generalization that goes with it is the same mechanism. What they said wasn't specific to football. Their statement, like much sexism throughout the ages says that they aren't capable of understanding a priveleged set of knowledge due to a deficiency inherent to their gender. Then the "do me a favour, love" betrays a total condescension not even worthy of articulation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom