• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sami Hyypia - Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sami Hyypia is the ultimate professional, the model Captain, and the finest CB I've ever witnessed.

And I'll miss him greatly.

Adios Sami - may Germany treat you well.

Thanks Sami.

You made me scream, shout, laugh and jump up and down lots over the last 10 years (what a man, eh!)

You also made my mascara run today. :'(

n654560032_3176571_4123986.jpg

🙁

I really hate this shit!!!
The departure of such a great as a sami is horrible, just wish he could/would play on for ever

If he had to leave, then I'm glad its as a legend and that he hasnt stayed on until a point where he'd become a liability and people were wanting him to finish.

What a player he has been for this club.

There have been a few isolated numbskulls on here in most recent close seasons saying Sami was finished. With a bit of luck he'll be back, at least as a coach - and who knows, if at that stage we resume his registration for emergencies, maybe he'll get to lift the Prem trophy in a red shirt yet.

[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=33635.msg874132#msg874132 date=1243190667]
There have been a few isolated numbskulls on here in most recent close seasons saying Sami was finished. With a bit of luck he'll be back, at least as a coach - and who knows, if at that stage we resume his registration for emergencies, maybe he'll get to lift the Prem trophy in a red shirt yet.
[/quote]
That would be a wonderful gesture to a wonderful player.

See him lift the trophy as part of the coaching-team one day.

Legend.

It's shocking how many cunts fuck off at the full time whistle just to 'avoid the traffic' and can't even be arsed to stay firstly to see off one of the club's greatest servants. and secondly show their appreciation for the team's efforts this season.

anyone who didn't well up when sami pull his shirt over his eyes to hide his tears has a heart of ice.
will we ever see his like again. I'm torn between wishing him loads of success or him coming striaght back as a coach.

Translation from Sami's blog before the Spurs game (taken from RAWK):

Past few days has reminds me of my time in Finnish army. Days are decreasing before a significant part of my career is coming into an end. Army lasted for about a year but my time in Liverpool have lasted for ten years. While writing this I only have and training session and one game remaining with Liverpool FC. I have player over 500 games and had thousands of training sessions with the club. Only a few days and then my brilliant 10 year career with my childhood favourite club is over. Dream came true. I must admit that I never even dreamed of that one day I will play with liver bird on my chest at Anfield let alone that I would play 10 years for LFC. Nor that within past few days my childhood idols have been going through my career in the media in England and in Finland.

I'm not a kind of person who wants to compare or even less one who likes to ponder my status at the club or its history. I'm going to think now what is my status at Liverpool or what was the biggest achievement. Those things will come into my mind one day when I have retired and I'm sitting in rocking chair and looking back on my career. Then all kinds of statistics and memories will mean more to me. It's clear to me that I will never forget my time at Liverpool. Wins, defeats, trophys, uphills and setbacks. I've been honoured to to play for one of the biggest clubs in the World and with the best players in the World. I was asked to name differend kind of Liverpool dream teams but I didn't want to do that. Every single teammate I have had during my time here have been equally important and individuals win nothing. A team wins or a team loses. It's a phrase but it's true.

Sunday will be an emotional day for me. Anfield and Liverpool fans have gave me so much. Significance of the fans is indispensable for the club and for the team. I will never forget what happened in Istanbul when we walked to dressing room at half time when we were losing 0-3. Atatürk Stadium is a junk of concrete where you don't hear sounds to inside of the stadium but that night we heard clearly how our fans were singing their voices off while we were 0-3 down. Thanks to our outstanding fans we realised that there's nothing to lose and we can do it. Eventually we won the game and I achieved the biggest thing you can win in club football. On the next day in Liverpool a parade was arranged and according to some numbers there were a million people on the streets of Liverpool. It might be exaggerated but there were a loads of fans. Then I realised how important one football club can be for the people. When you realise that you can't do nothing but give your all for the club. If you fail to do that you can't look yourself in the mirror. It's been my guideline here as a player and it will be players guideline here in the future also.

So my last game for Liverpool is coming up. I am not retiring yet. I will start a new challenge at Leverkusen. I am ready for that as well as saying goodbye for the fans, my teammates and to legendary Anfield. I will be an emotional moment for me, little bit bittersweet but happy at a same time. I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart.

Thanks to all Liverpool fans in Finland. It's been great to see during these years how many fans Liverpool have in Finland. Next year we will finally win the league and I will celebrate with you. Not as a player but as a fan.

I'm all fucking emotional!

Was a bit upset he didn't get a bit longer on Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom