• You may have to login or register before you can post and view our exclusive members only forums.
    To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Sami Hyypia - Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote author=Judge Jules link=topic=33635.msg872573#msg872573 date=1242986394]
That's a false distinction. The technique needed to be there for the goal to go in. The fact that the big man was cool enough under such pressure to apply the right technique at the right time is part of what made the goal such a great goal, and its scorer one of our all-time greats too.
[/quote]

the technique, power and direction were all superb I'm not doubting that I'm saying to do all of that when we were desparate to get back in the game was incredible. I don't think a defender can hold a candle to sami in regards to what he delievered in the past 10 years and it fucks me off that other premiership defenders (of the past ten years) who aren't fit to lace his boots are rated higher because they won the league whilst sami hasn't.

[quote author=LeTallecWiz link=topic=33635.msg872575#msg872575 date=1242986683]
the header:

[flash=500,450]http://www.dailymotion.com/swf/x52mgf_hyypia-vs-arsenal_sport&related=1[/flash]
[/quote]

The clearance of the nostril afterwards was pretty spectacular too. ;D

BIG SAMI!!!

Reminds me of my favourite youtube video ever...

[flash=400,400]http://www.youtube.com/v/Ib06W_tWkLA[/flash]

I'll say a special mention to sami for keeping out a bang in form henry long enough for owen to score his brace in the 2001 fa cup. owen takes the plaudits but sami was massive in that game, and 'hand'choz 😉

Sami was the first goal I remember watching at anfield. Wolves, in the 88th minute or something, horrible game, but I was loving it.

So yea, I've looked all over the internet, and I know the bandage incident was boro, dec 12

"When the smoke cleared, the truth for Liverpool was as inspiring as the bravest sight at Anfield for many a day: the bandaged head of Sami Hyppia soaring above the rest to clear his lines."

Can't find the pic though.

He also almost scored with an outrageous little back heel flick on the near post, don't remember the game, but he's got every single thing you need as a CB and then bags more.

Best i could find:

Sami%20reifadur%20um%20hofud.jpg

[quote author=Rafa4PM link=topic=33635.msg872603#msg872603 date=1242988458]
Best i could find:

Sami%20reifadur%20um%20hofud.jpg

[/quote]

Excellent, you win.

Of all the remarkable stats and all the so thoroughly well deserved plaudits in this thread, the one that stands out for me is that Sami 'cost' us £5,603 per game of his illustrious career. Has a player ever represented such value for money? Sami Hyypia, you are a colossus of a footballer and a giant of a man.

[quote author=leftpeg link=topic=33635.msg872866#msg872866 date=1243023638]
Of all the remarkable stats and all the so thoroughly well deserved plaudits in this thread, the one that stands out for me is that Sami 'cost' us £5,603 per game of his illustrious career. Has a player ever represented such value for money? Sami Hyypia, you are a colossus of a footballer and a giant of a man.
[/quote]

Lets see how many times it divides into what Owen has cost Newcastle per game for a laugh.

An immense player.

Some of my finest memories at Anfield are not just watching his imperious shut outs of teh opposition, but the way he riled them.

He'd gode & drag players into fouling him so often it was untrue, he'd ensure they were that wound up they'd go a little bit too far & we'd win the FK. Of course, he didnt have to do it so often, cos the majority of players he could dominate anyway, but seeing him reduce Europe's finest players to pulling him down, trying to hack his ankles & push him over was wonderful.

I even remember him being showcased on Sky whispering into players ears, & once licking the ear (was it Keane?) to wind them up as corners came in. I remember one particular clip showed him doing it & the other player completely forgetting about the corner & kicking off at him, he cleared the ball & then just pointed at the disappearing ball & laughed.

[quote author=FoxForceFive link=topic=33635.msg872965#msg872965 date=1243063220]
An immense player.

Some of my finest memories at Anfield are not just watching his imperious shut outs of teh opposition, but the way he riled them.

He'd gode & drag players into fouling him so often it was untrue, he'd ensure they were that wound up they'd go a little bit too far & we'd win the FK. Of course, he didnt have to do it so often, cos the majority of players he could dominate anyway, but seeing him reduce Europe's finest players to pulling him down, trying to hack his ankles & push him over was wonderful.

I even remember him being showcased on Sky whispering into players ears, & once licking the ear (was it Keane?) to wind them up as corners came in. I remember one particular clip showed him doing it & the other player completely forgetting about the corner & kicking off at him, he cleared the ball & then just pointed at the disappearing ball & laughed.
[/quote]

hahahaha... look what shows up on google, the second entry for "hyypia corner licking ear"... the summary by google is crazy.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&...p;q=hyypia+corner+licking+ear&btnG=Search

A fitting tribute from one of his apprentices.

From the official;

AGGER: WHY I'LL MISS SAMI SO MUCH

Daniel Agger could be forgiven if he felt glad to see the back of Sami Hyypia - but the Danish international is far from pleased.
Agger may have had to settle for a place on the bench on occasions due to the evergreen form of our Finnish centre-half, but Liverpool's No.5 is gutted to be losing a man who has helped his career so much.

"I'll be very sad to see Sami Hyypia leave Liverpool. For me he will be a big loss personally, and also a tremendous loss for the football club," Agger told LFC Magazine.

"Of all the players and people at Liverpool who helped me settle into a new team in a new country and a new league championship, he was by far the most important presence. He helped me the most.

"I owe him a lot. He's really great to talk to. As a young defender you have questions and he's so calm and so happy to help wherever he can. He is a natural leader, in a different way maybe to some of the other leaders in our team. But he has been just as important over the course of my time here at the club."

Hyypia could play his last game for Liverpool against Tottenham Hotspur at Anfield today and Agger believes the Reds' loss will be Bayer Leverkusen's gain.

Agger said: "He's been great for this club for 10 years. Now he will go on to be a great player for Bayer Leverkusen. They are signing one of the best defenders still in England in my opinion.

"People like to talk about maybe he doesn't have as much pace as he once did but when you have the intelligence that Sami has you do not need to be quick because there are always ways of compensating for that."

Agger is confident his mentor can continue playing at the high standards he has set himself and impress the German Bundesliga with his ability.

He added: "I wish him success in Germany, but I don't think he needs it. Player like Sami are successful wherever they go."

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=33635.msg873546#msg873546 date=1243161100]
Gutted. Today is a sad day, I really hope he plays.
[/quote]

its a sad sad because we could be waving farewel to not one but two outstanding servents to the club.

[quote author=TheFasterBlade link=topic=33635.msg873556#msg873556 date=1243162123]
Nah, that 'Torres gone' thing was a wind-up.
[/quote]

😀

[quote author=spider-neil link=topic=33635.msg873553#msg873553 date=1243161692]
[/quote]

its a sad sad because we could be waving farewel to not one but two outstanding servents to the club.
[/quote]

I hope not! Remember last season, when Rafa left Xabi out because he was as good as gone? Rafa's been a shit to Xabi, I really hope he's kissed his ring.

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=33635.msg873563#msg873563 date=1243162304]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I hope not! Remember last season, when Rafa left Xabi out because he was as good as gone? Rafa's been a shit to Xabi, I really hope he's kissed his ring.
[/quote]

now THERE'S an image I could have done without this sunday morning :-X

[quote author=mark1975 link=topic=33635.msg873563#msg873563 date=1243162304]
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Was that the last match at Anfield last season??

This one??

Liverpool v's Manchester City
Game Date :: 04.05.2008
Competition :: Premier League Stadium :: Anfield
Spectators :: 43,074
Starting line-up
25 Jose Reina
48 Emiliano Insúa
3 Steve Finnan
4 Sami Hyypia
23 Jamie Carragher
20 Javier Mascherano
19 Ryan Babel
8 Steven Gerrard
21 Lucas Leiva
18 Dirk Kuyt
9 Fernando Torres

Subs
30 Charles Itandje

37 Martin Skrtel

11 Yossi Benayoun

14 Xabi Alonso

10 Andriy Voronin

Lucas Leiva out for Xabi Alonso 74' ..........

Because he wasn't left out.

That Rafa's a shit ya?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom